What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Probably has more to do with his agent wanting compensation for missing out on his commission from future payments that he will miss out on, Foran certainly doesn't need to money.

foran should never have played against Newcastle, he was not right going into the game and then one tackle and he completely stuffed his shoulder.
The question is, if the club put pressure on him to play that game with his shoulder not right then they should have no problems paying him the $200k to settle his contract but if foran was the one that wanted to play and maybe even against the club doctor's advice then pay him nothing.

Kornstar

Coach
I'm not buying into the Foran hate right now. Even if he ends up playing for another club next year, it would only be happening cos BA has a better option. For mine, we instigated the termination process and it's happening based on our succession planning.

Yeah I have no real ill feelings towards him either.

Nothing we can do about it and if a player doesn't want to be here then so be it.

The club will go on.

T-Boon

Coach
It seems to me that he has seen how close we are to signing Hayne, how keen everyone is on us signing Hayne and how dependent the idea is on him being gone and he now wants to cash in on that.
I think that is lousy and probably his managers clever idea.
If he is in a good enough head space to come up with such an idea then he is good enough to turn up to training, recommence his rehab and turn up to games. I'd crack the whip for a few weeks.

Dibs

Bench
There is a right way to go about things. If Foran wanted a release with a payout he should have asked for it while continuing to meet club obligations. Now maybe he did I dont really know but there does seem some suggestion that he wasn't meeting those obligations. If that is the case then I would not want to give him anything. However I would consider paying him just so the club could move on and look to replacing him for next year instead of dragging things out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
In one way we dodged a massive bullet didn't we? .

Wasn't the original agreement (contract?) that he walk out when he wants and be paid in full (over 4 years). What a bloody mess that would have been.

Pay him out this year for sure. Not sure about the severance payout if he is the one wanting to go, but if it is us that want him out, then we need to do it and wash our hands from all of this ASAP.

Ive been surprisingly happy the way we have put in in all games this year, considering the hell we have gone through. Other recent years we have only had minor injuries to the roster but played like busteds. Hope we can continue to put in for 2016, and prepare for a massive onslaught in 2017

strider

Post Whore
In one way we dodged a massive bullet didn't we? .

Wasn't the original agreement (contract?) that he walk out when he wants and be paid in full (over 4 years). What a bloody mess that would have been.

Pay him out this year for sure. Not sure about the severance payout if he is the one wanting to go, but if it is us that want him out, then we need to do it and wash our hands from all of this ASAP.

Ive been surprisingly happy the way we have put in in all games this year, considering the hell we have gone through. Other recent years we have only had minor injuries to the roster but played like busteds. Hope we can continue to put in for 2016, and prepare for a massive onslaught in 2017
Yeah. His original deal was leave whenever with 1 full years pay

What absolute f**kin imbecile would ever present that as an option? ... mr reliable evidence giver thats who .... ffs that qualifies as insanity

Noise

Coach
Finally someone with some sense, he is worth every cent and he will come good.

Yea he had a slow start, yea he has some issues but he will come good, his a winner, his a great team man, the players love him and his a leader.

I agree BA knows what his doing hence why he practically moved heaven and earth to bring him here, we are a much better proposition with our current squad and Foran in then we have been the past 5-7 years.

Just as long as the damage of all this other shit doesn't affect our squad to much, BA and Foran leading us into the future is something I take great hope from.

I cannot believe some of the shit I have read on here re Foran.

Firstly the timing of it is horrible along with everything else so naturally everyone wants to jump at what they read and crucify the poor bloke.

Secondly, people on here have a woody for Hayne so they see this as a way of getting Hayne back, lets f**k Foran off and get the guy who believes his done it all but never delivered us a title.

If people really believe Hayne is our savior and booting Foran and/or Norman to the curb is the answer, then I am f**king done, when Hayne was here it really worked for us being a one man band didn't it? :crazy:

Djay, Are you going to be okay when we punt Foran and sign Hayne?

Gronk

Staff member
Join the dots mofo. Accusations. Silence. Players no longer in NRL.

That's what ^^^ poster is suggesting.

phantom eel

First Grade
010427-bb4ebfa8-a03a-11e3-b2ad-08c02f4f904c.jpg