What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Raiders - Game Day Thread

Chipmunk

Coach
lol when was the last time a ref ever gave a Parra captain the time of day???? I'd say Caylo.

You've still got to ask the question. If a couple of players had went up to the ref and asked him to check something then he would've probably checked it.

Noise

Coach
Yeah your club, and i get called a whinge lol, can't remember your last positive positive post about the Eels.
Canberra crowds are shit, no if or buts, we are still sitting at over 16k with the season we have had and the last 7 years we have had.

Not quite. At Parra Stadium we are averaging less than 12,000 this year (11,870 to be exact)

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=85

Even our recent home game we took to ANZ against the Tigers we only got 14,428.

Chipmunk

Coach
I am Vai Toutai fan, mostly. But he cost us that game. I don't think I've seen a worse defensive effort from a Parramatta centre. He was just awful

The really bad thing about this is that at this stage he is the best back up we have and with injury prone players like Taka at the club he's going to see plenty of game time and lose us plenty of matches going forward.

Chipmunk

Coach
Pretty sure i read our overall crowds are over 16k, we also took a game to Darwin which only holds 10k.

This is probably both home and away crowds, or would also include a crowd against the Dogs at ANZ and Wests Tigers Easter Monday every second year.

strider

Post Whore
You've still got to ask the question. If a couple of players had went up to the ref and asked him to check something then he would've probably checked it.
Im pretty sure its not within the rules ro approach the ref and demand a replay .... i know it happens all the time, but not actually meant to .... i did see degois waving his arms around in the background but he was a way off

But at the end of the day you are making excuses for em ... if they think it smells dodgy then its the refs responsibility to go to the f**kin bunker - they do it often enough

Noise

Coach
Pretty sure i read our overall crowds are over 16k, we also took a game to Darwin which only holds 10k.

Well I just worked out the numbers for our games at Pirtek and that was the number. We have had 3 games in the 8,000 range and only 2 games over 16,000. There is no way we are averaging over 16k at Pirtek.

strider

Post Whore
The really bad thing about this is that at this stage he is the best back up we have and with injury prone players like Taka at the club he's going to see plenty of game time and lose us plenty of matches going forward.
Well we do have a competant outside back playing 5/8th atm because of "issues" ... if either norman or foran have their shit together then gunco plays centre today

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well I just worked out the numbers for our games at Pirtek and that was the number. We have had 3 games in the 8,000 range and only 2 games over 16,000. There is no way we are averaging over 16k at Pirtek.
Our overall crowds i heard were over 16k, so we shouldn't be allowed to count our ANZ games???? We also cost the Darwin game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If you count those home crowds (not the Easter Monday clash as it is an away game) then you have to include the Darwin game crowd too.
So all up it's still over 16k, not bad for a team that has copped it from all and sundry this year. Especially after our last 7 years of shit.

Suitman

Post Whore
And your amazing club Canberra couldn't even crack 20k on a fine day going for their 8h win on the trot

I even take offence to this. Stupid comment Hiney.

Where, ever, has Chipmunk given you any reason to think he/she is a Raiders fan, hence you calling it 'your amazing club?"
Stupid comment mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well we do have a competant outside back playing 5/8th atm because of "issues" ... if either norman or foran have their shit together then gunco plays centre today

No issue with it at the moment as things like this happen this season. But going forward in 2017, from that team today, at the moment we have Gordon out, Norman in. So, when Taka is injured Toutai will be on the field.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah your club, and i get called a whinge lol, can't remember your last positive positive post about the Eels.
Canberra crowds are shit, no if or buts, we are still sitting at over 16k with the season we have had and the last 7 years we have had.

In all fairness it was 8 degrees at the ground today....hardly "fine"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I even take offence to this. Stupid comment Hiney.

Where, ever, has Chipmunk given you any reason to think he/she is a Raiders fan, hence you calling it 'your amazing club?"
Stupid comment mate.
He was bagging the Eels crowds a little while ago because i had the hide to question how poor Canberra's crowds were even though they are travelling so well. I know he's an Eels fan i was just having a little dig. Everyone that continually posts on here and is still invested with the Eels after the last seven years of shit is a loyal Eels fan.

Noise

Coach
So all up it's still over 16k, not bad for a team that has copped it from all and sundry this year. Especially after our last 7 years of shit.

It's 13,538 including every home game (Pirtek, ANZ and Darwin) this year