What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Raiders - Game Day Thread

strider

Post Whore
It was very line ball whether he was out when he put the ball down. The fact that it had happened simultaneously from the camera shots available certainly worked in our favour.

I didn't see a forward pass in Croker's try.
Well you're not lookin hard enough ffs

The missing frame only helped canberra in that disallowed try ... at best for them it was simultaneous, hence out ... end of story

Chipmunk

Coach
Absolute crap, that whole set they should of blown the whistle and they finally blow one with 10 seconds to go. And you talk about me with my blue and gold glasses. You are kidding.

And your amazing club Canberra couldn't even crack 20k on a fine day going for their 8h win on the trot and a chance to cement a top 4 spot. At least we have an excuse our shitty old ground barely holds 19k.

My club?

And perhaps if you'd been here for the previous 24 hours before the match you wouldn't call it a fine day.

We struggled to get 10k on probably the best day of the season that you could watch a football match in Round 6 against the Raiders when we were flying high in the best form for the last 7 years.

Noise

Coach
I will happily admit that we got the good end of the pineapple from the refs earlier this year when we were playing well and winning

But we are deadset getting the rough end now

sorry but its clear that refs tend to sway a bit in favour of teams that are doing well

be interesting next week against st george ... no one will know which shit team to favour

Is there any way to search prior to the forum upgrade? Im confident the game day threads from earlier in the year when we were winning will still have heaps of ref whinging

Chipmunk

Coach
Well you're not lookin hard enough ffs

The missing frame only helped canberra in that disallowed try ... at best for them it was simultaneous, hence out ... end of story

If BJ's pass was forward then so was Jennings pass to Semi for his try.

strider

Post Whore
I am not saying referees intentionally cheat us ... they dont ... and its a hard f**king job

But two things in particular show me those two today were pretty gutless and easily swayed

1) they told boyd to leave the field cos he was bleeding toomuch .. and he was, you could see it dripping ... he didnt , he stood there and changed his jersey ... a ref with balls says
, No i told you to go off so get off ... but no we hold up the game waiting for him to just change his jersey, which is in no way gonna stop the bleeding ... so we lose momentum .... but it doesnt stop there, we then stop play again 3 minutes later to tell him to go off AGAIN ... if the refs had the balls to follow through with their actions the first time it wouldnt have happened again ... but they were weak

2) the try where papalli was offside and crocker threw a forward flick ... it took em forever to check with each official ... and i reckon every one of them knew it was dodgy as f**k, but no one had the balls to say no .... the crowd was roaring ... good times, just let it go

Yeah shit can happen ... but to me these 2 things show we had refs without guts today

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Go check any other teams forum and they all say the same thing every week. The silver tails (manly) forum actually think the NRL have been doing us favours since the salary cap drama by giving us good calls (im not kidding!) and they have been getting rorted all year. I've looked at the dogs (the kennel) roosters and raiders (greenhouse) forums and they all say the same thing ie the refs are against us.

So are the refs against everyone? Or is each fan base totally biased and seeing what they want to see.

I think its a case of the refs make mistakes (like the players) and each group of fans remebers their dudded calls most.
Mate i watch most of our games with one eyed QLDers who love giving me shit. when we lose, they laugh at the weekly rapings we have gotten since the NRL handed down their penalty.

Sure every team thinks they get the shit end of there stick, even Bronco fans(lol) but i have never seen anything so one sided since our good mate Toddy handed down our punishment.

#powerhouse

I am not saying referees intentionally cheat us ... they dont ... and its a hard f**king job

But two things in particular show me those two today were pretty gutless and easily swayed

1) they told boyd to leave the field cos he was bleeding toomuch .. and he was, you could see it dripping ... he didnt , he stood there and changed his jersey ... a ref with balls says
, No i told you to go off so get off ... but no we hold up the game waiting for him to just change his jersey, which is in no way gonna stop the bleeding ... so we lose momentum .... but it doesnt stop there, we then stop play again 3 minutes later to tell him to go off AGAIN ... if the refs had the balls to follow through with their actions the first time it wouldnt have happened again ... but they were weak

2) the try where papalli was offside and crocker threw a forward flick ... it took em forever to check with each official ... and i reckon every one of them knew it was dodgy as f**k, but no one had the balls to say no .... the crowd was roaring ... good times, just let it go

Yeah shit can happen ... but to me these 2 things show we had refs without guts today
100 f**king % spot on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My club?

And perhaps if you'd been here for the previous 24 hours before the match you wouldn't call it a fine day.

We struggled to get 10k on probably the best day of the season that you could watch a football match in Round 6 against the Raiders when we were flying high in the best form for the last 7 years.
Yeah your club, and i get called a whinge lol, can't remember your last positive positive post about the Eels.
Canberra crowds are shit, no if or buts, we are still sitting at over 16k with the season we have had and the last 7 years we have had.

Chipmunk

Coach

You're probably right on the refs, but on the second issue, did you see anyone in our team ask the ref to go to the Video Ref to check anything. If that was most other teams they would've questioned the ref....our Captain, whoever it was at the time, was no where to be seen. You've got to put yourself in the decisions, not the let the decisions happen around you.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're probably right on the refs, but on the second issue, did you see anyone in our team ask the ref to go to the Video Ref to check anything. If that was most other teams they would've questioned the ref....our Captain, whoever it was at the time, was no where to be seen. You've got to put yourself in the decisions, not the let the decisions happen around you.
So it's our players fault for the refs poor decisions????

Chipmunk

Coach
Yeah your club, and i get called a whinge lol, can't remember your last positive positive post about the Eels.
Canberra crowds are shit, no if or buts, we are still sitting at over 16k with the season we have had and the last 7 years we have had.

I post lots of positive things, maybe if you stopped arguing with Pou Bear for 5 minutes you might notice.

Chipmunk

Coach
So it's our players fault for the refs poor decisions????

I would say that 90% of decisions that go to the bunker are because someone in the defensive team gets into the ear of the ref to go and check it. If you're not asking the question why would the ref think there might be something wrong.

It even looked like the ref was waiting for someone from Parra to come and complain...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I would say that 90% of decisions that go to the bunker are because someone in the defensive team gets into the ear of the ref to go and check it. If you're not asking the question why would the ref think there might be something wrong.

It even looked like the ref was waiting for someone from Parra to come and complain...
lol when was the last time a ref ever gave a Parra captain the time of day???? I'd say Caylo.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I am more worried about our fade out in games than the refs atm 4 times we have given up at least a 14 point lead this year is it a fitness issue a mental issue. We didnt have these problems in the 1st 10 weeks.

Oh and another thing how many tries do we concede on the last tackle it is so bloody frustrating teams scoring of kicks or running it on the last on scoring

strider

Post Whore
lol when was the last time a ref ever gave a Parra captain the time of day???? I'd say Caylo.
When was the last time we had a strong captain who warranted the time of dah?

Mannah is just too nice ... hayne went about it like a whiney bitch ... foran might have been ok had he been there for any reasonable period

strider

Post Whore
I am more worried about our fade out in games than the refs atm 4 times we have given up at least a 14 point lead this year is it a fitness issue a mental issue. We didnt have these problems in the 1st 10 weeks.

Oh and another thing how many tries do we concede on the last tackle it is so bloody frustrating teams scoring of kicks or running it on the last on scoring
We are putting half a reserve grade team on the field each week with only backups in the meaningful positions ... we are lucky to have those leads in the first place

Bazal

Post Whore
I am Vai Toutai fan, mostly. But he cost us that game. I don't think I've seen a worse defensive effort from a Parramatta centre. He was just awful

Latest posts