What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Raiders - Game Day Thread

Chipmunk

Coach
I honestly think 3 of their tries were blatant no tries ... and i would bet my right nut we would have had them called up

Yeah i know we were pretty poor in the 2nd half but i think the momentum handed to the raiders was a massive part of that too

And for the record i value my right nut higher than my left

Except for the 2nd try in the second half, what other tries of theirs do you think should have been disallowed?

Bearing in mind that the first try they had disallowed in the first half could easily have gone the other way in reality.

Chipmunk

Coach
Semi was ordinary from what I saw. He dropped a great pass plus fumbled a few times and look out of sorts for the most part. I started watching the game 25 minutes in and got to see us kick a penalty goal as the only points scored by the Eels. Great times.

Semi appeared to be playing injured for mine, was still pretty good in the most though. Went 1000% better than a fully fit Vai Toutai could ever possibly play.

Kornstar

Coach
Ive gotta agree ... i hate seeing it at junior footy

And i might bitch on here, but my experiences at parra games tell me i am not in the same universe as alot of supporters going off about refs

I honestly think we had two rather poor refs who got sucked in by the raiders bandwagon today ... not saying we didnt f**kup plenty of times, but its easy to look shit when all the calls are going against you

Agree with all of that.

Sure we let it get to us but it doesn't excuse some of those very poor, crucial decisions. How did they all miss that forward pass from Croker after the deflection (where Papalli was also offside)? He was standing in front of him when he passed it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree with all of that.

Sure we let it get to us but it doesn't excuse some of those very poor, crucial decisions. How did they all miss that forward pass from Croker after the deflection (where Papalli was also offside)? He was standing in front of him when he passed it.
No mate we are just biased, and we should be much better. i mean it's not like we are the only team thats gets rorted week after week......

Chipmunk

Coach
Anyone who thought we didn't get a fair go in that second half are kidding themselves. The knock on call against Robbo, then a piss weak hold down penalty and then a try off a mile forward pass. That was when the momentum changed and we were never a chance of getting it back.

The penalty we got to kick the goal to go 18-4 was a pretty piss weak hold down penalty that went our way.

There was some pretty piss poor decisions, but they certainly went both ways.

Gronk

Staff member
Semi appeared to be playing injured for mine, was still pretty good in the most though. Went 1000% better than a fully fit Vai Toutai could ever possibly play.

He was either injured or lacked confidence as some do after knee injury.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon it definitely touched the Raiders merkins leg. And then whether it touched the ground or not is irrelevant
Agree to disagree over that one, doesn't change the BS penalty and then the massive forward pass missed.

strider

Post Whore
Except for the 2nd try in the second half, what other tries of theirs do you think should have been disallowed?

Bearing in mind that the first try they had disallowed in the first half could easily have gone the other way in reality.
How could their first try have easily gone the other way? - if your foot is out its f**kin out - thats the rules

I dont remember which was the 2nd try ... I thought blow job's pass to crocker was forward ... papali was inside the 10m for the delfected kick and the flick from crocker was forward .... and i dont f**kin remember - let me go back n look ffs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The penalty we got to kick the goal to go 18-4 was a pretty piss weak hold down penalty that went our way.

There was some pretty piss poor decisions, but they certainly went both ways.
Absolute crap, that whole set they should of blown the whistle and they finally blow one with 10 seconds to go. And you talk about me with my blue and gold glasses. You are kidding.

And your amazing club Canberra couldn't even crack 20k on a fine day going for their 8h win on the trot and a chance to cement a top 4 spot. At least we have an excuse our shitty old ground barely holds 19k.

Noise

Coach
No mate we are just biased, and we should be much better. i mean it's not like we are the only team thats gets rorted week after week......

Go check any other teams forum and they all say the same thing every week. The silver tails (manly) forum actually think the NRL have been doing us favours since the salary cap drama by giving us good calls (im not kidding!) and they have been getting rorted all year. I've looked at the dogs (the kennel) roosters and raiders (greenhouse) forums and they all say the same thing ie the refs are against us.

So are the refs against everyone? Or is each fan base totally biased and seeing what they want to see.

I think its a case of the refs make mistakes (like the players) and each group of fans remebers their dudded calls most.

strider

Post Whore
I will happily admit that we got the good end of the pineapple from the refs earlier this year when we were playing well and winning

But we are deadset getting the rough end now

sorry but its clear that refs tend to sway a bit in favour of teams that are doing well

be interesting next week against st george ... no one will know which shit team to favour

Chipmunk

Coach
How could their first try have easily gone the other way? - if your foot is out its f**kin out - thats the rules

I dont remember which was the 2nd try ... I thought blow job's pass to crocker was forward ... papali was inside the 10m for the delfected kick and the flick from crocker was forward .... and i dont f**kin remember - let me go back n look ffs

It was very line ball whether he was out when he put the ball down. The fact that it had happened simultaneously from the camera shots available certainly worked in our favour.

I didn't see a forward pass in Croker's try.

Kornstar

Coach
Go check any other teams forum and they all say the same thing every week. The silver tails forum actually think the NRL have been doing us favours since the salary cap drama by giving us good calls (im not kidding!) and they have been getting rorted all year. I've looked at the dogs (the kennel) roosters and raiders (greenhouse) forums and they all say the same thing ie the refs are against us.

So are the refs against everyone? Or is each fan base totally biased and seeing what they want to see.

I think its a case of the refs make mistakes (like the players) and each group of fans remebers their dudded calls most.

I'm not sure they're against us specifically, I think they are f**king terrible in general and out of their depth and I think they get carried away with win/loss records and current form.

It has been that way for a long time too. We just feel more hard done by because we have been shit for so long.

They have been shit all year and have made some poor decisions to put us in bad positions during games but we should have been better to overcome the odd bad call but today they were so badly looking only one way in that second half that at one point they gave them a penalty for a standard tackle. There was nothing in it, they hadn't called held and they penalised us, the Raiders scored off the next set.