What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next team to break the drought?

undertaker

Coach
First of all, congratulations to Cronulla on finally breaking the premiership drought in their 50th season. I never thought a Cronulla, let alone Souff Sidney premiership would occur in my life, but it has...

So, who is the next team from the pre-NRL era to end their premiership drought?

Parramatta - 1986 (last premiership title)
Canberra - 1994 (last premiership title)
NZ Warriors - 1995 (never won it, first year in the competition)

Glen

Bench
Raiders clearly best-placed for it. I reckon Arthur will have Parra back in contention in the next couple of years but a premiership is hard to see

blaza88z

Coach
If Raiders can find some sort of defense.. even the slightest bit, you'd have to favor them

RoosTah

Juniors
For the good of the game part of me hopes the Warriors, but I'd love to see the Raiders

undertaker

Coach
Raiders clearly best-placed for it. I reckon Arthur will have Parra back in contention in the next couple of years but a premiership is hard to see

Have to agree with you, Glen.

Raiders a little bit unlucky not to be there tonight and I would've rated them a big chance to win tonight had they made the GF after playing good footy this season, but only have themselves to blame after missing a couple of opportunities at crucial moments last week. Although the Storm were there to be beaten, the inexperience of the Raiders showed. Next year will be important for them, to see whether they still remain a premiership contender or decline and suffer second-year syndrome like Parramatta in 2010.

Parramatta, I don't see them winning anytime soon after the mess made to their roster this year due to the salary cap controversy. Re-building process will take several years and don't see them making the top 8 next year.

I would love to see the Warriors win, but can't see it happening anytime soon as they are too hot and cold, very inconsistent (they will be rebuilding again after sacking coach Andrew McFadden). Warriors had two chances in 2002 and 2011: 2002 they were in it 15 minutes into the 2nd half until Fittler's 40/20 turned the game and the Roosters then ran away with it scoring 4 tries; 2011 they were never in it after the Sea Eagles got out to an 18-2 lead. You cannot give away those sorts of leads in a GF and expect to run the opposition down.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
A combined 113 years of premiership droughts have been ended in the last 3 years by Souths, NQ and Cronulla. It's a great sign of strength for the game.

Eels fans deserve it most. But I have to go with the Raiders being a big chance as soon as 2017.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors

Really..... Why not ? I find that a very deafeatest attitude and a little sad.

Ps
Define contention.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
I think Parra are a great chance within next couple of years, our roster considering is looking quite healthy, as every player in my opinion want to b there for each other and BA.......

OVP

Coach
A combined 113 years of premiership droughts have been ended in the last 3 years by Souths, NQ and Cronulla. It's a great sign of strength for the game.

Eels fans deserve it most. But I have to go with the Raiders being a big chance as soon as 2017.

Shit. I didn't see this before I posted. Sorry Raiders fans, your goose is cooked. :(

Latest posts