What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Rumble 2017

Fun match all around, I think the Braun bit went on a little too long though. I like the idea of Randy winning, it's a safe bet, he's a guy who will always be over, he's a proven commodity, has put on some cracking mania matches (with only one dud - vs HHH) & there are several ways they can go with who takes him on.

On a side note, the entrance ramp was about 10m too long, it too everyone forever to get to the ring, the production truck seemed to struggle to make the entrances work.

RedVDave

First Grade
If they want Bray v RKO in the main event of mania that's fine, but why not have Bray win the rumble instead? Would add much more drama to the match IMO.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rumble felt way too planned/structured compared to previous years. The fun thing about the Rumble is the opportunity to see different guys interact and tease future match ups. This year it felt so....rigged.

The moment Braun came out you knew the lower card guys were going, Sami and Show coming out immediately after him New Day and Shemus/Cesaro out all around the same time, Taker, Lesnar, Goldberg all coincidentally in the last section. Ambrose/Ellingworth etc. It's almost like the luck of the draw followed recent feuds coincidentally.

Then there's Reigns. It makes no logical sense for him to be in there with no explanation as to who was replaced (surely they didn't have a 29 man rumble before the title match.)

Rumble is still the best PPV but this year it felt a little off.

aussies1st

Staff member
All that star power only to have them on air for like 5 min. Orton winning was as shock and finally we have the end of Roman as babyface.

Valheru

Coach
Overall the Royal Rumble was a good wrestling show with both world title matches being 4 start plus in my opinion.

The Royal rumble match itself was ok but a slight letdown given the potential. it reminded me of a ODI cricket match TBH, nice pace and storyline for the first 10 entrants and then it lost its way up until around entrant 25. From there it picked up again.

Entrant number 30 was one of the bigger letdowns in rumble history, once Taker came at 29 I was ready for one of Angle, Nakumura, Balor or Samoa Joe to come out.

Rumble felt way too planned/structured compared to previous years. The fun thing about the Rumble is the opportunity to see different guys interact and tease future match ups. This year it felt so....rigged.

The moment Braun came out you knew the lower card guys were going, Sami and Show coming out immediately after him New Day and Shemus/Cesaro out all around the same time, Taker, Lesnar, Goldberg all coincidentally in the last section. Ambrose/Ellingworth etc. It's almost like the luck of the draw followed recent feuds coincidentally.

Then there's Reigns. It makes no logical sense for him to be in there with no explanation as to who was replaced (surely they didn't have a 29 man rumble before the title match.)

Rumble is still the best PPV but this year it felt a little off.
That was something I didn't get. Having Sheamus & Cesaro feud with the New Day in the RR suggests they are going into a program going forward, despite the fact that one team lost the tag titles less than 3 hours beforehand...

steggz

Juniors
That was something I didn't get. Having Sheamus & Cesaro feud with the New Day in the RR suggests they are going into a program going forward, despite the fact that one team lost the tag titles less than 3 hours beforehand...
And then Having Cesaro and Sheamus implode after eliminating New Day

Valheru

Coach
Care to elaborate on that one?

I think what he is alluding to is the "this is my yard" comment by Roman after eliminating the Undertaker, presumably setting up a feud for Wrestlemania

Surely not even the WWE are stupid enough to try a face v face feud there.

Having said that, he is due to feud with Strowman first through fastlane meaning he will be a face at least until early March. There is no way Reigns loses that given his Mania program which is a shame as Strowman is building real momentum.

___

Juniors
On a side note, the entrance ramp was about 10m too long, it too everyone forever to get to the ring, the production truck seemed to struggle to make the entrances work.
Exactly. This is all part of WWE's plan to take over the world and just get bigger and bigger and bigger. The Royal Rumble should be in a normal arena, capacity 20,000 max. Yet they go for a behemoth 50,000 to get more money. Added to that did anyone else notice it's 4 freaking hours now?

That's WWE for you.

- Bigger PPVs
- Longer PPVs
- Longer raw
- Live Smackdown
- WWE Network

All they want to do is get bigger, instead of getting better.

___

Juniors
Fatty?

Owens is one of the best talents in the WWE, tbh - regardless of his body shape.
I never said he wasn't good. But he's still a fatty. And why do WWE always have to have him winning the title matches without outside interference?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I never said he wasn't good. But he's still a fatty. And why do WWE always have to have him winning the title matches without outside interference?

True. My bad.

He has an unorthodox body shape.

I think the WWE needs to start booking Owens as a badass - he doesn't need outside help to win matches.

I'd buy him as a badass tbh.

Parra Pride

Coach
He was a badass in NXT, they even had him win the title their by beating Zayn so badly he couldn't even last to getting pinned, and when he first got called up to the main roster he was still handled the same for a while. The guy even beat Cena clean on his main roster debut. WWE just have a tendency to take most heels and turn them into guys who can't win on their own. It's quite surprising that AJ didn't turn out the same.

___

Juniors
He must lose the title at WM for sure then - considering he's held it for this long. Same with Charlotte.

Valheru

Coach
Owens will lose the title to Goldberg at fastlane, probably in a 3 minute squash with botched interference by Jericho

Parra Pride

Coach
Unfortunately that will probably be the case, hopefully they can build him back up to actually look like a threat afterwards.

Iafeta

Referee
Owens will lose the title to Goldberg at fastlane, probably in a 3 minute squash with botched interference by Jericho

I wouldn't have a botch. Let Goldberg go over clean, and then a botch post match perhaps.

Latest posts