What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Your right
Craig young is a problem at the club he was a shit coach and a shit recruitment officer
I don't know what his role is at the moment but he is one of the boys and keeps getting new positions at the club because he has stuffed every other position he has held

We can call Craig Young our Dragons Errol Flyn/Casanova ! Everything he touches he f#ckz!!

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Article just reported in the telecrap
' If Teddy wants out let's talk '
Dragons have publicly stated their interest.
Very interesting few weeks coming coming up on the merry go round.
Maybe Duges should sign on as a centre before it's too late.

Life's Good

Coach
My predictions are this (no mail just my gut feelings):

Tedesco will stay at the Tigers or sign with the Dogs
Bird will go to the Eels
Dugan will re-sign or go to the Roosters
Widdop will re-sign
With you on this one. I don't see much in the way of more major signings(hope I am wrong). Re-signing yes(Dugan &/or Widdop). Our big signing was Hunt(desperately needed). For those saying the cap goes up so we can afford so & so, remember the cap goes up for all clubs. Some of those clubs are in a worse position than us,with little to no hope of improvement so will desperately be offering 'overs' to attract any remotely decent player.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
After reading that article, i'm a little annoyed with Millward.
Some quotes from the article -

"No offer was lodged but the message was clear: “If Teddy wants out, let’s talk”."

"St George Illawarra privately feel Tedesco will remain at Concord on a $1 million a year contract — but they still want a crack at Tedesco."

I'm sorry Ian, but that's not how contract negotiations work. You don't just let everyone else have a go before you, you make him an offer an you drag him out. You don't get to take turns with contracts, it's a race for his signature, last man standing.

Old Timer

Coach
I have been told the same about Dufty
Sometime ago I suggest he was potentially a bit like Hastings but many assured that they have met him and found him to be quiet and polite.
Something has to be not right for all the hype to have disappeared so quickly even amongst the forum but the again we do tend to blow with the wind in this place.

JDHD

Juniors
Sometime ago I suggest he was potentially a bit like Hastings but many assured that they have met him and found him to be quiet and polite.
Something has to be not right for all the hype to have disappeared so quickly even amongst the forum but the again we do tend to blow with the wind in this place.

I think the hype died when he wasn't named Rd 1 and, well, we've been winning games and that cures everything. The second we start losing three or four on the trot (and we will), people will start calling for Dufty again.

JDHD

Juniors
After reading that article, i'm a little annoyed with Millward.
Some quotes from the article -

"No offer was lodged but the message was clear: “If Teddy wants out, let’s talk”."

"St George Illawarra privately feel Tedesco will remain at Concord on a $1 million a year contract — but they still want a crack at Tedesco."

I'm sorry Ian, but that's not how contract negotiations work. You don't just let everyone else have a go before you, you make him an offer an you drag him out. You don't get to take turns with contracts, it's a race for his signature, last man standing.

I read the article too. I interpreted it as Millward making an informal offer to Tedesco's manager and waiting for them to get back to him. That's basically standard procedure. You don't put an offer down on the table before you've even met the guy, Ben Hunt didn't even start talking money until the third time he and Millward spoke.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just one thing though.
If Widdop isn't re-signed then could we be chasing Foran?
I mean, he pulled out of the game last Sunday with a "hammy" complaint, only to be named again this week. Also, he has stated that he is open to returning to Oz next year.
I would be very happy for us to sign Foran to partner Hunt in the halves next year. I think Foran would suit Hunt.

BennyV

Referee
If Tedesco wants to play finals footy, then he should be attracted to our club with the possible roster next year.

1. Tedesco
2. Macdonald
3. Dugan
4. Aitken/Milne
5. Garrick
6. Field
7. Hunt

What's not to like about that backline? One of the best in the comp in my opinion. Add the pack we currently have and you've got yourself a premiership contender there.
It's probably the best one we've fielded in years, but very, very far from the best in he comp!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Last night Paul Kent said that East are favourites to sign Tedesco. He also said that West have offered him the most money so far. We should compete and offer him as much if not more than Wests.

We must sign Tedesco.

possm

Coach
If we now have access to TPA's, then we surely have a chance to keep Dugan at centre and to sign Tedesco. In my opinion the major attraction with the Roosters is their perceived ability to win a GF in the short term. With a good squad, a good coach and good facilities, the Roosters are a good chance of winning Tedesco's signature.

I only hope the Dragons have a good coach up their sleeve. I it is Mary for 2018 on we would have no hope of signing Tedesco. I doubt there would be any first grade players who would predict Mary to take the Dragons to win a GF in the next few years.

possm

Coach
The formula for gaining Tedesco's signature would be:

Dragons to name a new top level coach for 2018 and beyond.
Millward to table a 1m offer to play fullback at the Dragons.
Millward to show him the Dragons 17 for 2018

Tedesco
Macdonald
Dugan
Milne
Dufty
Field
Hunt
Vaughan
McInnes
Packer
Thompson
Frizell
De Belin

Sims
Ah Mau
Leilua
Host

mickeylane

Bench
What a stupid club we are!! Why the f**k would u go public that you want to sign Tedesco when ur in the midst of negotiating w the NRL form fullback in Dugan and now having the real potential of possIbility him now cutting off negotiations after he reads this mornings article and not only then face the potential Dugan walking away but also not getting Tedesco which is an outside chance at best!
I mean are we f**ked or are we f**ked in the head as a club!! Millward pull ur big head in because ur getting way too big for ur boots ! Watch the way a club like the roostes negotiate led by the greatest negotiator in Nick Politis - they're like ninjas quietely negotiating in the shadows - but not Millward - he would rather tell the world that we want Tedesco well guess what genius - so wouod 3/4 of the NRL clubs !! Seriously can we become any more as a club!!
Ps: unless Millward is trying to give Dugan a hurry up hence the statement

possm

Coach
Honestly I'd be fine if Dugan left. But only if we sign Tedesco to replace him.
Dugan and Milne would be an awesome centre pairing and with Milne and Macdonald on the left and Dugan and Dufty on the right we have a well balance outside back combination. Dugan and Milne need to run straight and hard making room for Tedesco and their wingers. Both Macdonald and Dufty can take a high ball, make metres bring the ball back and are capable of scoring long range tries from deep within our half.

Crush

Coach
Dugan and Milne would be an awesome centre pairing and with Milne and Macdonald on the left and Dugan and Dufty on the right we have a well balance outside back combination. Dugan and Milne need to run straight and hard making room for Tedesco and their wingers. Both Macdonald and Dufty can take a high ball, make metres bring the ball back and are capable of scoring long range tries from deep within our half.
Its hard to believe that Milne is playing reserve grade isn't it? He will surely leave at the end of this year and go somewhere he will get a start in the nrl...

Latest posts