What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco rumour

possm

Coach
Its hard to believe that Milne is playing reserve grade isn't it? He will surely leave at the end of this year and go somewhere he will get a start in the nrl...
I'm sure that Millward would be required to report to a new head coach and the new coach would cast an eye of the current squad before cutting Lafai and keeping Milne.

JDHD

Juniors
I would be very happy for us to sign Foran to partner Hunt in the halves next year. I think Foran would suit Hunt.

I'd want to see Foran play consistently well for at least a couple of months before I'd even consider approaching him. He hasn't even played a game yet this year, and let's not get started on his mental health problems.

mickeylane

Bench
I'd want to see Foran play consistently well for at least a couple of months before I'd even consider approaching him. He hasn't even played a game yet this year, and let's not get started on his mental health problems.
Foran has the worst hamstrings in sport - please leave him alone - he cant play more than 10 games a season...he's a crock.
Sign Widdop asap

possm

Coach
If we re-sign Widdop and Dugan there will be only limited room to upgrade our squad. If we did retain these two players, the Dragons would have to:
Blood a right winger this year from within - Dufty or Garrick
Choose a left centre for next season from within - Milne, Mann or Lafai.
Blood a fullback this year from within - Field, or play Dugan at fullback.
Choose a right centre from within - Dugan or Aitken

Dragons 09

Juniors
Ps: unless Millward is trying to give Dugan a hurry up hence the statement

This has crossed my mind also......Millward firing a shot across the bow of Duges! Sort if like saying "there's an offer on the table that won't be there for ever, so you can do a Benji & Mitch if you like, but you might end up playing against us next season for less money, because we are not going to wait forever".

I just hope it's not "power politics" between Millward and Mary (one sees Duges as a fullback and the other sees him as a centre), because factional fighting cripples clubs. I just hope everyone is on the same page but i must admit, there are a few chinks in the armour with this regard that are a little concerning.

giboz71

First Grade
A big No for me we have dugan and dufty .We dont need to sign any one else for nextyear.

We have options at FB with Dugan, Dufty and Field. But if we could get Tedesco, with Ben Hunt and our forwards, we'd be instant premiership contenders. We'd be mad not to at least consider it.

But if we can't sign Tedesco or someone of that ilk, we need to keep Duges so we can tinker with our backline how we choose for next year.

Vinnie

Juniors
I'm all for these forums and we all have fun dreaming and discussing all the brilliant players we want to sign. Every player coming off contract is a target !!! Great lets talk about Tedesco and Bird and Foran and everyone else But i say this .... We have a good squad we hae forwards in great form on little money with contracts expiring ie Packer and i'm sure others. And for the first time in a long time we are all excited with so many of the young players we have coming through Field, Dufty, Herbet, Garrick etc etc.
I honestly believe let's look after our own before they leave and become superstars at other clubs !! then and only then we can talk about buying from outside. We desperately needed a halfback with experience, We got that, we had to break the bank but we got him ! So now lets look after our own secure the future and then add that liitle extra that might be needed.
I have confidence in our current squad and definitley in a lot of our juniors (i know they can't and won't be all superstars but i reckon a couple will be)
To get Tedesco we wont and can't keep Dugan ... and plus need to lose another couple of players of course probably youngster with potential because of course they will bring a better price.
To get Tedesco and keep Dugan we will lose at least 4 to 6 players ??? really ???

Old Timer

Coach
Vinnie
Not sure how good our squad really is but no doubt a solid foundation especially up front.
I agree with your sentiment 100% that we should look after our own including current good players on the roster and the juniors long before we bring in outsiders however no doubt the Hunt signing was an exception and something that had been warranted for 5 years or more.
I am always amused that we have supporters that want to throw huge buckets of money at people that have not played for our club and yet expect people who have given there all at the club to accept crumbs and be happy about it.

possm

Coach
We have options at FB with Dugan, Dufty and Field. But if we could get Tedesco, with Ben Hunt and our forwards, we'd be instant premiership contenders. We'd be mad not to at least consider it.

But if we can't sign Tedesco or someone of that ilk, we need to keep Duges so we can tinker with our backline how we choose for next year.
If we sign Tedesco and retain Dugan we improve our backline speed and agility by selecting:
Dufty at right wing 5
Dugan at right centre 3
Milne at left centre 4
Field at five-eighth 6

We let go Widdop, Lafai and more deadwood to sign Tedesco. So one extra new signing - already signed Hunt - would result in a drastically improved backline.

possm

Coach
Yet Millward who originally was not looking for a fullback, now publically says he is interested in talking to Tedesco and his manager.

hewi

Bench
I'm a big fan of Milne, both him and Lafai are I think off contract at years end I believe. In that case unless Lafai has an outstanding season I would have thought that Milne would be a far cheaper and better longer term option.

possm

Coach
I'd say now is the time to table an offer to Tedesco. Who knows how this will go but I'm sure it would go better if the Dragons announced a new coach for 2018.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The Roosters are supposedly after Tedesco and if they miss out I think you'll find Dugan will be next on their radar to fill the fullback role. Nobody will compete with Politis and all the corporate world TPA's that they will offer.