What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Aussie stars

aqua_duck

Coach
21 points, 20 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals.

Played relatively well, still hasn't taken over a game yet, he's playing very unselfishly, almost too unselfish if you ask me, I think he could comfortably score 30 a game and the team would be better off for it, because he's so efficient.

I agree, and I think he really started to put that team on his back at the end of the game, he also showed that he can get to the free throw line which is encouraging. As I said if he can develop anything resembling a reliable mid range jumper he'll be unstoppable

Noa

First Grade
If his improvement in his ft shooting is any indication I wouldnt worry about his jumpshot.

Iafeta

Referee
ESPN just picked him as the clearest #1 pick since LBJ. Big call, he's a top talent though. Odds are he'll end up in Pergatory, I mean Philly... then again, they'll sign him, and then trade him for a center. They love a center.

lafai

Bench
ESPN just picked him as the clearest #1 pick since LBJ. Big call, he's a top talent though. Odds are he'll end up in Pergatory, I mean Philly... then again, they'll sign him, and then trade him for a center. They love a center.

Nah I think Philly will get in the 2-4 range again lol. Lakers or Celtics will get him

unbreaK

Juniors
Had a poor game today, his worst game so far in college, still put up pretty nuts numbers across the board.

4 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks

He is playing literally 40 minutes a game though, so those numbers are slightly less impressive in that sense.

Noa

First Grade
Takes a very specail player ala Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson to influence a game to such an extent when your shot isnt falling.

betcats

Referee
Big game from Simmons today. This kid is gonna be all time good if he can get that jumper going half decently.

aqua_duck

Coach
I was very impressed with his free throw shooting, 13 from 15, that's awesome considering he was only shooting 60% from the line in his senior year of high school. Even if he doesn't ever become a good shooter I think he's got enough tools to kind of get away with it, he's probably got the best handles I've ever seen on a guy who's a legit 6'10 and 245lbs, he might not have traditional back to the basket post moves like a Jahlil Okafor but with his mobility, strength and ball handling he'll cause plenty of problems down low

Aragorn

First Grade
He looks so agile and nimble for a big guy. Dear I say it, some of his glides and ball handles looks so smooth and reminds me a bit of Step Curry. And he's only what? 19?

This kid is going to be special. Just needs to stay healthy.

Noa

First Grade
Such a great passer out of the low post, which is why you dont want him exclusively as your ball-handler.

Australian School Championships final is on today and if your able get a look at this William McDowell-White kid. Quite a few in the know think hes not far behind Simmons as a prospect

Had 49/15/7st/5blk/2a in the semi yesterday, the game before had 43/14/4a.

Overal standard isnt the best but there are elite propspects on most teams. And in the final today he goes up against Lake Ginnindera who feature 3 top Aussie juniors i.e. Dejan Vasiljevic 6"3"Sg, Jack White 6"7" SF and Bol Kuol 6"8" Pf//C.

Dj and White are both future Boomers.Vasiljevic has Louisville, LSU, California, Miami and Stanford after him while White is said to be heading to Boise State.

3pm Friday Stream: http://bit.ly/1QV1A2d

Noa

First Grade
A few are said to be have offered, Louisville and Michigan state being the most prominent. Michigan State would be great for him. Playing for Tom Izzo ( best coach in college ball) as part of easily his greatest ever recruiting class. And thats not including Josh Jackson (#1 2016)who the Spartans are favorites for.

Talk he may go the NBL route though.

Noa

First Grade
Jeebus, 4 years since I started this thread and pay-off day is tomorrow, and in a wonderful example of serendipity I've come down with a horrible flu *cough* *cough* so will have to stay home.

Obviously Ben is the headline act, will go first and will be ROTY. The 76'ers will surround him with complimentary talent and Joel Embiid will finally get to play, and if he's a crock, theyll replace him in next years draft which may be the greatest class of all time in terms of numbers of elite talent.

Noa

First Grade
Josh Green watch has begun.

16 yo , 6"6" Guard, 6"10" wingspan.

Sophomore going to school in the USA. Currently ranked in the top 40 of his class but expected to rise. Seen some comments that he's the 2nd best guard in his class.