What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future Aussie stars

aqua_duck

Coach
Ohh okay he had a personal reason....

For sure I think whatever team he comes in to will be competitive... But I'm guessing this kid will be one and done..

I was just thinking that if he's likely to be one and done it would of been more appealing for him spend that season on a perennial final four contender just to get that final four experience.

Good on the kid though...

I can see both sides of the argument, I mean if he chose Kentucky or Duke he would've been almost guaranteed final 4 action, but LSU aren't a bad team and he'll be able to show off his full repertoire as he'll instantly be the big man on campus, plus he said he felt very comfortable there and obvious David Patrick (assistant coach and Ben's godfather) knows his game inside out

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i guess he's also hoping, that because he is there, other top recruits follow suit. but watching him, he's like a Poor mans LeBron, so he should have a stellar career.

Noa

First Grade
Under 18's national tournament is on at the moment. And going by the games so far Will McDowell-White is about to blow up big time the next year.

Ive mentioned him in here before, 6"5 who can play sg or pg. Very athletic, great passer and rebounder. Similar level to Dante Exum, not as long or as quick off the mark but no slouch and a much better leaper and shooter.

Noa

First Grade
Ben's godfather is an assistant coach at LSU. LSU will be competitive next year with Simmons, Antonio Blakeney (second best shooting guard in the class) and possibly Malik Newman (4th ranked player in the class). They almost beat Kentucky this year

Theyre also getting a transfer from Arizona, Craig Victor who was a 5* recruit last year and rumored to be getting a greek center who while at high school in America was also a 5*.

LSU may not be Kentucky basketball wise but they play in a bigtime conference and do have some history. If they get to the final four Simmons will be treated like a god while if he went to Duke, Kentucky or North Carolina he d just be another star who passed through.

Good on him for wanting to create a legacy.

Noa

First Grade
Aww shucks, thanks. Glad to pass on the info omc.

While Im here Isaac Humphries reclassified and will attend Kentucky this year, ineligible for the 2016 draft though.

Will Mcdowell-white has Lsu, louisville, Arizona both michigans and USC after him. Has a year older brother,Darryl, who is also very good who will he attending Fresno State.

Harry Froling, a 6"10 Kevin Love type is being recruited by Wake Forest, North Carolina and SMU amongst others.

Daniel Mading and Deng Gak are a couple of players to keep and eye out for in high school basketball this year.

Noa

First Grade
Ben Simmons live today on Espn 2 at 1pm Eastern.

All LSU games will be shown live

shaggs

Coach
Hasn't even looked like he is trying in the first half. Very laid back customer.
In his way to a triple double to start the year

aqua_duck

Coach
I hope he works relentless on his jump shot this year, if he can add a reliable jumper to his arsenal he'll be unstoppable

Noa

First Grade
I hope he works relentless on his jump shot this year, if he can add a reliable jumper to his arsenal he'll be unstoppable

I dont think youll see his j make a big improvement till he turns pro when hell have more time. As well as experts to assist him.

aqua_duck

Coach
I dont think youll see his j make a big improvement till he turns pro when hell have more time. As well as experts to assist him.

I don't expect him to be a sharpshooter but even a reliable mid range jumper would elevate his game even more

unbreaK

Juniors
22 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 2 blocks, 0 turnovers - 11/17 FG

Ben Simmons in his 2nd college game.

unbreaK

Juniors
23 points, 16 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals today. He's playing exceptional and doesn't look like he's even out of first gear.

LSU play Kentucky on Tuesday morning our time, that'll be his first big test.

Noa

First Grade
Marquette not Kentucky.

But he'll still go up against a promising freshman in Henry Ellenson who is rated as a lottery pick.

unbreaK

Juniors
21 points, 20 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals.

Played relatively well, still hasn't taken over a game yet, he's playing very unselfishly, almost too unselfish if you ask me, I think he could comfortably score 30 a game and the team would be better off for it, because he's so efficient.

Latest posts