What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Still Nutty

Juniors
That is good news that we are sealing the future with some of this younger talent coming through...particularly happy to hear we have Pythian continuing. Hopefully developing him through a full injury free season next year would be good to see how much potential can be realised.

As others have flagged, I think he could offer great utility value off the bench with the glimpses of versatility he has shown.

Noname36

First Grade
Yeah I'm very happy we're keeping Pythian on. It would be heartbreaking for the kid after his injury this year. Brown seems to have a lot of faith in him.

perverse

Referee
I dont think you really have the right to call anyone else's views warped. Regardless of whether he's embarrassed or not (doubt it) he's still proven to be a nasty bastard with severe double standards - and that's just my opinion. I'm happy we had the balls to go after the likes of Ese'ese - for ages now it's just been Wayne/the Broncos continuing to kick the club over and over again. The double standards/selfishness re announcing our signings in the media when he blew up supreme when it happened to him was the final straw with me.
Whether you think I have the right to share my opinion here or not doesn't really concern me. I've done my time.

I'm not arguing that Wayne is a shining bastion of moral integrity, but the carry on has gone well beyond reality imo. Did his press conference after our match ruffle your feathers? If so, why?

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think most of what he said in that presser made sense and was stating the obvious. But I still cannot stand the old merkin.

Burwood

Bench
Bennett's press conference was fine. The only thing I think he didn't quite nail was in regards to us letting Gagai go, but it wasn't through lack of effort on the club's behalf.

Doesn't mean I didn't hate him putting in his two bobs worth though lol

Old dog

Juniors
Very happy with Pythian being signed, hope his luck improves, has an injury free 2018 and shows the talent I'm sure he has, he gives us much variety.

Noname36

First Grade
Whether you think I have the right to share my opinion here or not doesn't really concern me. I've done my time.

I'm not arguing that Wayne is a shining bastion of moral integrity, but the carry on has gone well beyond reality imo. Did his press conference after our match ruffle your feathers? If so, why?

I never said you didn't have the right to share your opinion. I said you didn't have a right to call other people's view's warped if they didn't match yours.

My only real issue with the presser was his comments about Gagai because they weren't at all accurate. In all honestly though I feel he would have been better not to comment at all regarding our rebuild (although the journo was also party at fault).

Spot On

Coach
Bennett is all about 1 person.

I'm now very interested in how long he gets to stay on as head coach in Brisbane if he doesn't win a comp. They speared the last two after a few years. Let's see what happens with Wayno.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Bennett's comments re Gagai??

I didn't see any other club coming out if the woodwork to nab him. South's fans are adamant he's signed on there for not much more than he is on now.

I think that says a lot about where Brown saw him fitting in this side and it aint in the centres or at fullback.

That is something Wayne chose not to comment on nor was he asked about it. He passed on a great talent like Dane this time around. Now why would that be?

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Bennett's comments re Gagai??

I didn't see any other club coming out if the woodwork to nab him. South's fans are adamant he's signed on there for not much more than he is on now.

I think that says a lot about where Brown saw him fitting in this side and it aint in the centres or at fullback.

That is something Wayne chose not to comment on nor was he asked about it. He passed on a great talent like Dane this time around. Now why would that be?

I don't really agree with this. Brown was pretty vocal that he wanted Gagai to stay and he was offered an upgrade. We wouldn't have gone after Moga if if Gagai stayed IMO. He and SKD would be in the centres with Ponga at FB. Gagai was only moved to FB after it was announced he was leaving - I think maybe so Brown could trial new centre options.

Spot On

Coach
I don't really agree with this. Brown was pretty vocal that he wanted Gagai to stay and he was offered an upgrade. We wouldn't have gone after Moga if if Gagai stayed IMO. He and SKD would be in the centres with Ponga at FB. Gagai was only moved to FB after it was announced he was leaving - I think maybe so Brown could trial new centre options.

As more time passes I think Brown would be very happy he didn't pay 650K for a bloke not suited to centre or fullback. I heard Brown speak about wanting to keep Dane on one occasion. He spoke glowingly of Dane as a person and kudos to him but otherwise not much was made of it. He chose to sign with Souths and I'm not aware of too much bleeding from the coach at all.Souths also seem to be the only genuine offer Gags had and from reports he signed on for less than our offer. Is that right????

Who has Brown trialled as a new centre option???

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
At Woosh:

Do you disagree with any of it?

It's hard not to be critical when he is so bad defensively. Last week he passed the ball to the opposition in attack. Put him on the wing or in reserves and we'd all be happy.

I'll be glowing in praise if he can perform for us in any match before the end of the season though. You know, perform like an origin man of the series for the club that pays him week in, week out. Or is that too much to ask?

Bashing him or stating fact???

At Hardcore:

He is still here and the rhetoric has been no different for years. He's not gone till the season is over. That is the ongoing issue.

He owes the side at least one complete performance soon. Not 8 or so missed tackles each week. That can't be ignored by Knights 'fans' surely.

Last edited:

Latest posts