What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench
Meanwhile, Connor Watson is set to officially announce a three-year deal with the Newcastle Knights as early as next week.

Watson strongly considered joining the Wests Tigers, who were reportedly offering up to $600,000 a season for his services.

However, as a Central Coast junior and Knights supporter growing up, the Roosters utility opted to link with the Novocastrians. It’s understood Watson’s desire to play in the halves and his country connection as a Dubbo-born product, also weighed heavily in his decision to join the more relaxed environment in Newcastle.

The 21-year-old will come up against his future club on Friday night when the Roosters host the last-placed Knights at Allianz Stadium from 6pm.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/d240a37b98fa1ef4966884a7c9f3b450

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
At Hardcore:

He is still here and the rhetoric has been no different for years. He's not gone till the season is over. That is the ongoing issue.

He owes the side at least one complete performance soon. Not 8 or so missed tackles each week. That can't be ignored by Knights 'fans' surely.

Wot

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Meanwhile, Connor Watson is set to officially announce a three-year deal with the Newcastle Knights as early as next week.

Watson strongly considered joining the Wests Tigers, who were reportedly offering up to $600,000 a season for his services.

However, as a Central Coast junior and Knights supporter growing up, the Roosters utility opted to link with the Novocastrians. It’s understood Watson’s desire to play in the halves and his country connection as a Dubbo-born product, also weighed heavily in his decision to join the more relaxed environment in Newcastle.

The 21-year-old will come up against his future club on Friday night when the Roosters host the last-placed Knights at Allianz Stadium from 6pm.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/d240a37b98fa1ef4966884a7c9f3b450

Great to see he's coming here for other reasons other than us being the highest bidder. This will only add To the culture we are building

You would have to say that connorwatson is a done deal .james hooper was on tv the other day saying it lock in and nathan ross on matty johns show said it loosely in conversation. Dont know why alwqys so hush,hush with the club.we knew for weeks we had moga.

Johns Magic

Referee
You would have to say that connorwatson is a done deal .james hooper was on tv the other day saying it lock in and nathan ross on matty johns show said it loosely in conversation. Dont know why alwqys so hush,hush with the club.we knew for weeks we had moga.

You have to keep it hush hush until the cooling off period and it also makes sense to.

Imagine having a DCE/Titans or Tedesco/Raiders situation.

Personally I think it plays in our favour. A guy like Ponga got slammed for signing with us, so I'm glad he couldn't backflip by the time we announced it(not that I think he would want to).

MKCS

Juniors
I think as it currently stands you guys will go close to the 8 next year if you remain injury free. SKD and Guerra are good solid signings. Moga is solid, Ponga is a future star, Ese'Ese is an upgrade on your props. I see Maloney wanting to head to Newcastle rather than the Warriors as well and if he heads over you're a definite top 8 team.

Solid line up next year:

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Nathan Ross 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. TauTau Moga 5. Shaun Kenny Dowall 6. James Maloney 7. Trent Hodkinson (C) 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi/Rory Kostjaysn (Hope the latter) 10. Herman Ese'Ese 11. Mitchell Barnett 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Aidan Guerra 14. Jacob Saifiti 15. Mickey Paea 16. Anthony Tupou 17. Brock Lamb

Spot On

Coach
I think as it currently stands you guys will go close to the 8 next year if you remain injury free. SKD and Guerra are good solid signings. Moga is solid, Ponga is a future star, Ese'Ese is an upgrade on your props. I see Maloney wanting to head to Newcastle rather than the Warriors as well and if he heads over you're a definite top 8 team.

Solid line up next year:

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Nathan Ross 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. TauTau Moga 5. Shaun Kenny Dowall 6. James Maloney 7. Trent Hodkinson (C) 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Danny Levi/Rory Kostjaysn (Hope the latter) 10. Herman Ese'Ese 11. Mitchell Barnett 12. Jamie Buhrer 13. Aidan Guerra 14. Jacob Saifiti 15. Mickey Paea 16. Anthony Tupou 17. Brock Lamb

Mate, Kostjasyn, Paea and Tupou will not be in the side. Possible Hodko won't be either.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Do we play Maloney at halfback to compensate Watson?

Maloney is a gun no matter if he plays first or second receiver, but Watson st this stage looks more a running 5/8.

PhilGould

Bench
I wouldn't count the Rabbitohs out of the race yet, but if it comes down to us & Warriors I'm pretty confident we'll get him. Barring Warriors offering a lot more $ I doubt he'll want to move his family overseas for a few years just to move back again. I think he grew up on the Central Coast which could work in our favour.

I'd think it would almost certainly be Watson at 6 and Maloney at 7 to start the season at least.

Of course this all hinges on Cronk deciding to play on and play for the Sharks, so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

PhilGould

Bench

Solid line up next year:

I take it you don't rate Levi? I've noticed he seems to be a pretty polarising player for non-Knights fans. Some see what we see in him and others think he's rubbish.

I find irony hilarious at the sharks, maloney ask for an upgrade in pay which in turn they say no and will talk about a upgrade next contract. Fair enough for them to say that,but they want cronk and will pay him a million so maloney gets moved on.im sure maloney was not asking for anything unreasonable! So shows how much they value him and loyalty gone out the window.

MKCS

Juniors
I take it you don't rate Levi? I've noticed he seems to be a pretty polarising player for non-Knights fans. Some see what we see in him and others think he's rubbish.

He's alright, I don't watch the Knights every week but from what I've seen he's solid but not great. I just think having an NRL Grand Final winner at hooker guiding your forwards around and tackling in the middle is a good thing to have.

Same reason why Tupou would be re-signed by me. Got tons of experience and you want at least someone with 50+ NRL games on the bench.

PhilGould

Bench
He's alright, I don't watch the Knights every week but from what I've seen he's solid but not great. I just think having an NRL Grand Final winner at hooker guiding your forwards around and tackling in the middle is a good thing to have.

Same reason why Tupou would be re-signed by me. Got tons of experience and you want at least someone with 50+ NRL games on the bench.
Fair enough. Unfortunately both Rory & Tupou are extremely unlikely to ever play again

Spot On

Coach

If Levi is rubbish there are a number of hookers in the NRL who are down right horrible then.