What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
I cant ever see Elliott being apart of a premiership winning side. Honestly, he is utter shit and people seem to give him a free pass around here because he's a relatively fast runner.

If we resign Pete, Elliott will be competing with;

Ross, SKD, Pete, Chanel, Moga, Ponga, Sio, Meaney, Hughes and any other signings we make before 2018.
I don't know about ya'll but the first 7 players I named are much better footballers than Elliott while Meaney and Hughes have big wraps on them.

If the club resigns Elliott and not Pete I will be pissed (unless Pete is asking for over double what Elliott wants).
People aren't giving Elliott a free pass because he's fast, it's because he's safe as houses. Not a gifted attacking player, but never drops a high ball and more often than not has excellent positioning in defense

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
People aren't giving Elliott a free pass because he's fast, it's because he's safe as houses. Not a gifted attacking player, but never drops a high ball and more often than not has excellent positioning in defense
Well said, however it is becoming annoying how often he gets dragged backwards when he brings the ball back. He needs some coaching from Nathan Ross on how to make post contact metres.

Spot On

Coach
Great depth signing at the very least isn't he??? Surely he can fill out a bit more and keep improving. He's really only played a season and a bit of first grade.

Swarzey

Bench
tbh, I feel like Elliot has been our best fullback this year. Solid and reliable, he's like McManus; no flash, no bullshit. Carts the ball up back at pace, puts his body on the line. Doesn't inject himself in attack as maybe we would like a fullback to but regardless he does 50% of the job better than anyone else.

Hasn't shown much on the wing but has any of our wingers this year really done anything outside of Ross? Our attacking structure doesn't get the ball out to the wingers too often.

Glendale

Juniors
tbh, I feel like Elliot has been our best fullback this year. Solid and reliable, he's like McManus; no flash, no bullshit. Carts the ball up back at pace, puts his body on the line. Doesn't inject himself in attack as maybe we would like a fullback to but regardless he does 50% of the job better than anyone else.

Hasn't shown much on the wing but has any of our wingers this year really done anything outside of Ross? Our attacking structure doesn't get the ball out to the wingers too often.

He's as safe as houses under the high ball and can finish a try. He's been one of the biggest improvers in the squad this year if you compare him to last year. Hes still pretty weak with his carries and doesn't make many metres, therefore he's not the sort of guy you wanna have as a first choice winger but he's as reliable of a back up as you're ever gonna get.

Haffa

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4798891/mataora-pulls-pin-on-nrl-career/?cs=306

The Knights are in the market for big men and are expected to sign Herman Ese'ese. However, Brown all but ruled out making a play for fellow Bronco Sam Thaiday, who has been told he won’t be offered a new deal for 2019.

“I’m only guessing, but I think Sam would like his legacy to be a 300-game Brisbane player,” Brown said. “What happens with those Queensland legends, they fall into very good job opportunities in Brisbane. Life after footy is good for them if they do the right thing.”

This made me laugh.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Anyone listen to the Steel City Podcast?

Ross was on it this week and he spoke very well about the direction of the club and some of the new signings, SKD especially. He also spoke about his love for the fans and even acknowledges the oppositions fans as being important

Ross is such a great ambassador for our club

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Anyone listen to the Steel City Podcast?

Ross was on it this week and he spoke very well about the direction of the club and some of the new signings, SKD especially. He also spoke about his love for the fans and even acknowledges the oppositions fans as being important

Ross is such a great ambassador for our club

Seems to be on tv a lot these days too, I think he's been on the professor twice and matty Johns show once. He's got a likeable personality and speaks well with the media. I dare say he would easily get some kind of media gig when he finishes at the knights.

K-Man

Bench
Seems to be on tv a lot these days too, I think he's been on the professor twice and matty Johns show once. He's got a likeable personality and speaks well with the media. I dare say he would easily get some kind of media gig when he finishes at the knights.

And he thoroughly deserves it too. Ross is the kind of story that makes the game fun to follow. He was a nobody in his mid 20s in an era where you need to stand out by 20 or you might be done. People thought he was arrogant when he was just a rugby league player with a personality. And more importantly, he is unbelievably passionate about his team and his personal performance.

If his career takes him into a well paid media job I'll be very happy for him. There are plenty of useless hacks from the ex player ranks on TV but I'd watch the Dawg for sure.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
And he thoroughly deserves it too. Ross is the kind of story that makes the game fun to follow. He was a nobody in his mid 20s in an era where you need to stand out by 20 or you might be done. People thought he was arrogant when he was just a rugby league player with a personality. And more importantly, he is unbelievably passionate about his team and his personal performance.

If his career takes him into a well paid media job I'll be very happy for him. There are plenty of useless hacks from the ex player ranks on TV but I'd watch the Dawg for sure.

On the matty johns show he was interviewed by fletch and hindy. He spoke about when wayne told him he wasn't good enough. Basically it was just before Christmas, Ross was getting a drink at a water bubbler at the end of training and wayne says to him, you are out of your depth, you won't make it as an NRL player and should return to the mines.

The thing I love most about about rossy is how he has completely proved wayne Bennett wrong. Would love for him to score a match winning try against the broncos in the grand final off a korbin sims missed tackle or something.

K-Man

Bench
On the matty johns show he was interviewed by fletch and hindy. He spoke about when wayne told him he wasn't good enough. Basically it was just before Christmas, Ross was getting a drink at a water bubbler at the end of training and wayne says to him, you are out of your depth, you won't make it as an NRL player and should return to the mines.

The thing I love most about about rossy is how he has completely proved wayne Bennett wrong. Would love for him to score a match winning try against the broncos in the grand final off a korbin sims missed tackle or something.

Yep, in your face Wayne. Surely even Ben Ikin can't stand him at this point.

But seriously, you have to be mentally tough to get past that comment from Wayne when the evidence of your career to date suggests he's right. You would questioning if you are good enough already, and then Bennett comes along and tells you to give up.

I love that he talks about it and embarrasses Wayne too.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Yeah I was really hoping that would be brought up at the presser on the weekend. No doubt Wayne would have sulked and refused to answer.

perverse

Referee
Jeez some of you have disturbingly warped views of Bennett. He's a bit of a merkin, but the carry on and sour grapes is excessive... and the little narratives about sticking it to him or him being embarrassed about something are creepy as f**k at this point. I watched his press conference after our match that people were carrying on about, and he really didn't lay the boot in or say anything unreasonable at all. I'm sure he's happy for Ross.

Noname36

First Grade
Jeez some of you have disturbingly warped views of Bennett. He's a bit of a merkin, but the carry on and sour grapes is excessive... and the little narratives about sticking it to him or him being embarrassed about something are creepy as f**k at this point. I watched his press conference after our match that people were carrying on about, and he really didn't lay the boot in or say anything unreasonable at all. I'm sure he's happy for Ross.

I dont think you really have the right to call anyone else's views warped. Regardless of whether he's embarrassed or not (doubt it) he's still proven to be a nasty bastard with severe double standards - and that's just my opinion. I'm happy we had the balls to go after the likes of Ese'ese - for ages now it's just been Wayne/the Broncos continuing to kick the club over and over again. The double standards/selfishness re announcing our signings in the media when he blew up supreme when it happened to him was the final straw with me.

Last edited: