What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Judiciary & Match Review

jonno_knights

Juniors
So Billy came out with a video yesterday stating he had not suffered any symptoms from the hit over the last couple of days (Monday/Tuesday).

Despite reports from the Club Doctor and Cooper Cronk on Tuesday saying that Billy has no memory of the game, why he was in Canberra or anything from Origin III...

Apparently this medical report was used in the hearing against Soliola.. saying Billy's previous 2 weeks had been erased from his memory. Reports made it seem like this wasn't just isolated to the night of the incident, but ongoing memory issues.

So who's lying, the Doctor, Billy or the Media?

Either way, Soliola hasn't exactly been given a fair trial IMO.

nick87

Coach
So Billy came out with a video yesterday stating he had not suffered any symptoms from the hit over the last couple of days (Monday/Tuesday).

Despite reports from the Club Doctor and Cooper Cronk on Tuesday saying that Billy has no memory of the game, why he was in Canberra or anything from Origin III...

Apparently this medical report was used in the hearing against Soliola.. saying Billy's previous 2 weeks had been erased from his memory. Reports made it seem like this wasn't just isolated to the night of the incident, but ongoing memory issues.

His trial wasn't "fair" the moment that bumbling moron Archer went against NRL policy and released his statement

I'm left wondering how Tony Archer is still employed to do this job

Spot On

Coach
Could be worse.....

I'm sure you all remember the outrage aired publicly by Cowboys players, staff and everyone in NQ down to the ball boys when Ray Thompson ran into Kade Snowden's shoulder. Now I was never a much of a Snowden fan but FFS after the Premier of QLD had a go at him as well before he made it to the judiciary, you could say it had all got a little out of hand.

Snowden got 7 weeks.

Alex McKinnon will never walk again. McLean got 7 weeks.

Soliola gets 5 weeks.

How do they line up?

Vee

First Grade

Lucky to get only 5.

Saxon

Bench

Nah, that report was from the night of the game. Apparently most of the memory returned over the next day or so.

Anyway, haven't we all done that?
Big night out with your mates and it's all going well until you get hammered.
Wake up next morning and you can't remember anything, but slowly it all comes back...
...the ugly women with the adams' apples in the Blue Oyster Bar, the nasty incident with the policeman's helmet, and the witches hat in the bathtub - all come flooding back with horrible clarity.

(Or is that just me?)

POPEYE

Coach
Could be worse.....

I'm sure you all remember the outrage aired publicly by Cowboys players, staff and everyone in NQ down to the ball boys when Ray Thompson ran into Kade Snowden's shoulder. Now I was never a much of a Snowden fan but FFS after the Premier of QLD had a go at him as well before he made it to the judiciary, you could say it had all got a little out of hand.

Snowden got 7 weeks.

Alex McKinnon will never walk again. McLean got 7 weeks.

Soliola gets 5 weeks.

How do they line up?
Exactly, McLean and Soliola both should've got 3 weeks . . . the extra is just to appease Wankerland

Delboy

First Grade
Kenny Edwards - 8 weeks for his dog shot last night.
Apart from being a stupid remark, if Edwards gets even a charge for that, then Thaiday would hardly play a game. He is the King of late shots, and Blair doesn't do a bad job

Willie Ray

Bench
Nah, that report was from the night of the game. Apparently most of the memory returned over the next day or so.

Wake up next morning and you can't remember anything, but slowly it all comes back...
...the ugly women with the adams' apples in the Blue Oyster Bar, the nasty incident with the policeman's helmet, and the witches hat in the bathtub - all come flooding back with horrible clarity.

(Or is that just me?)
Excellent

POPEYE

Coach

(Or is that just me?)
Who was it wanted forumers to meet and chat about RL . . . f**k that, you and I should sit down over a carton of piss and swap memories

RedVDragon

Juniors
NRL refs boss Tony Archer will face the judiciary on Tuesday front the panel to explain the incompetence of his refs and his team in the bunker.

If the NRL want to bring back fans and create a culture of accountability the refs group need to be scrutinised as well and fined to the equal or greater amounts the coaches get fined.

POPEYE

Coach
It was better in the old days before video when we only guessed the referees weren't up to same standard as the players

Nice Beaver

First Grade
How is it that AFB can get a Grade 2 charge for striking the head, but Coopy boy gets to stay on the field?

I thought these HIA tests were mandatory for head knocks? And if he had NO impact at all from the hit, why is it Grade 2?

Some rules apply to most, then others have their own set of rules... .

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
How is it that AFB can get a Grade 2 charge for striking the head, but Coopy boy gets to stay on the field?

I thought these HIA tests were mandatory for head knocks? And if he had NO impact at all from the hit, why is it Grade 2?

Some rules apply to most, then others have their own set of rules... .
Yes, in the old days AFB would've been sent off for a swinging arm and wouldn't have to face the judiciary and Cronk would only have to clear his head out the back . . . it's getting far too f**king complicated these days

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Yes, in the old days AFB would've been sent off for a swinging arm and wouldn't have to face the judiciary and Cronk would only have to clear his head out the back . . . it's getting far too f**king complicated these days

Hahaha sent off for that.

Nice try.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Sorry mate, a swinging arm like that to the head of a Manly player would've given Hartley all the excuse he needed any day of the week

Mate its not 1975 anymore.

Send offs have clearly gone the way of the dodo.

The new rules are....you cop a hit to the head, you go off for a HIA.

I didn't make the rules, but thats what they are.

So if you have not copped a hit to the head, how do you get suspended for hitting someone in the head?

Clearly he was hit, so he should have gone off for the test.

Would jot have made any difference at all to the result, just sick of different rules for certain players.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Mate its not 1975 anymore.

Send offs have clearly gone the way of the dodo.

The new rules are....you cop a hit to the head, you go off for a HIA.

I didn't make the rules, but thats what they are.

So if you have not copped a hit to the head, how do you get suspended for hitting someone in the head?

Clearly he was hit, so he should have gone off for the test.

Would jot have made any difference at all to the result, just sick of different rules for certain players.

Tedesco also didnt need to go off for a HIA in the titans game after looking a bit dazed after a high shot in the second half.

Latest posts