What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I reckon the Paulo rumour has legs as does a Jarryd Hayne return. If the Walker brothers get the Titans gig he may stay but anyone else like Madge will see him exit IMHO. I also keep hearing the signing of a Penrith prop.
Latu???
Would be a quality pick up.

Bazal

Post Whore
I reckon the Paulo rumour has legs as does a Jarryd Hayne return. If the Walker brothers get the Titans gig he may stay but anyone else like Madge will see him exit IMHO. I also keep hearing the signing of a Penrith prop.

Paulo definitely has legs, he isn't happy down here. Although I don't know owner much about the other end of the deal I do know for sure he's not keen on Canberra anymore

Bazal

Post Whore
I think it's Kikau. All I heard is that he was a young prop and they were willing to let go of Tamou to accommodate him.

I'd take Tamou if the Panthers supplemented his salary.

Kikau would be awesome. 196cm, 120kg or so and mobile too.

Played backrow in NSW cup yesterday and played well.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I think it's Kikau. All I heard is that he was a young prop and they were willing to let go of Tamou to accommodate him.

Doesn't that mean it's not Kikau? He was only resigned this year and I would say they would be pretty silly to let him out.

Avenger

Immortal
Doesn't that mean it's not Kikau? He was only resigned this year and I would say they would be pretty silly to let him out.
Yes he was but the Panthers are still under immense salary cap pressure which is why they are fine about letting Moylan go despite him being in year 1 of a 5 year deal.

Apparently he is on $800k. $600k under the cap and $200k third party.

Now I pose this question. Would you swap him for Norman? They are on similar money.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Yes he was but the Panthers are still under immense salary cap pressure which is why they are fine about letting Moylan go despite him being in year 1 of a 5 year deal.

Apparently he is on $800k. $600k under the cap and $200k third party.

Now I pose this question. Would you swap him for Norman? They are on similar money.
No. I agree Norman was below his best lately but personally I think he will be better in the long run than Moylan. I wonder if the Panfers would consider letting RCG go. I'd like him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

If they're willing to let Tamou walk to keep the young prop he has to be really good. I'm thinking RCG, as far fetched as that seems. Possibly JFH or Leota

Avenger

Immortal
No. I agree Norman was below his best lately but personally I think he will be better in the long run than Moylan. I wonder if the Panfers would consider letting RCG go. I'd like him.
Both turn 27 next year and in my view both have fallen short when the pressure was on. They are similar players and many including I thought they were better.

Gutherson and Moses have both exposed Norman in season 2017. I predicted him winning the Dally M but would now say he was our biggest disappointment this year.

lucablight

First Grade
Both turn 27 next year and in my view both have fallen short when the pressure was on. They are similar players and many including I thought they were better.

Gutherson and Moses have both exposed Norman in season 2017. I predicted him winning the Dally M but would now say he was our biggest disappointment this year.

I would be very surprised if he wasn't playing injured for most of the season. At the beginning of the season he was great before getting injured.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

No, our halves and Norman are the least of our problems. Norman is a decent defender and our attack is pretty good when we hold the ball.

Let's not forget Norman went from being our sole play maker to sharing the role with Moses without an off season to build the combination, along with playing with 3 different fullbacks. They have plenty of improvement in them.

Additionally Norman appears to be a pretty popular member of our team - do we really want to stuff up the dynamics of our playing group!! Just ask the dogs !!

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Just on Norman again, I think there is still room for loyalty, especially when we are likely to have a long term coach in BA. We need to keep the core of this team together and build a culture that will win us the tight, hard semi finals games. The last thing we want to do IMO is chop and change. We have the beginnings of a great team, showing all the right signs. Obviously some work still to do, but between
Gutho, Brown, Norman, Moses, Bev, Alvaro etc I am optimistic. And this is another reason Jarryd won't be coming back.

Avenger

Immortal
No, our halves and Norman are the least of our problems. Norman is a decent defender and our attack is pretty good when we hold the ball.

Let's not forget Norman went from being our sole play maker to sharing the role with Moses without an off season to build the combination, along with playing with 3 different fullbacks. They have plenty of improvement in them.

Additionally Norman appears to be a pretty popular member of our team - do we really want to stuff up the dynamics of our playing group!! Just ask the dogs !!
Didn't say to let him go just want him to step up. He owes us.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

I mostly agree, but I think its too much to say he was our biggest disappointment. And I think that ultimately Moses might become the better player. But Norman is still a class above most, not in the elite Thurston/Cronk category but only a rung below and our halves will only be better for the experience of this finals series and a solid off season together.