What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
It is true - but there is no f**king way in hell you would get me in that temporary stand. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Suitman

Post Whore
Leagues Club hotel
Some documents have been posted for the proposal (request for SEARS)

New 15 storey hotel with approximately 213 rooms in the car park at Parramatta Leagues Club, 1 Eels Place, Parramatta,
including level 3 outdoor terrace
with a total gross floor area of 21,000sqm.

Level 1 and 2 – wellness uses (e.g. gymnasium, spa etc. Final composition with the DA and a pool within levels 1-3);

• Level 3 – Hotel Function room and bar, including outdoor terrace

• Level 4-15 Hotel rooms

Overall height approximately 62m-63m (Ground approximately RL 13.7)

Concept plans by Hassell architects

cost $140m

A waiver of the competitive design process will be sought for this project, on the basis that:

_The proposed development will achieve design excellence and be of outstanding quality through collaboration and a thorough design review process.

http://majorprojects.planning.nsw.go...ob&job_id=8800

37616335142_888eb1315d_b.jpg

37616335002_5ee900cacb_b.jpg

36938278624_44187e8dc0_b.jpg

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1901786&page=7

Suitman

Post Whore
Hi blokes.

To be honest, that space noted as "proposed building" was where I always thought this hotel was going to be built.
I never knew that the hotel was to be situated in the remaining existing car park space until now.
So, I can't tell you what might be going there.

And yes Strides, that little white square is the cottage that is currently there.
f**k knows what will ever become of that space, although in the first of the pics above, it shows it as landscaped public space.

Gronk

Staff member
Hi blokes.

To be honest, that space noted as "proposed building" was where I always thought this hotel was going to be built.
I never knew that the hotel was to be situated in the remaining existing car park space until now.
So, I can't tell you what might be going there.

And yes Strides, that little white square is the cottage that is currently there.
f**k knows what will ever become of that space, although in the first of the pics above, it shows it as landscaped public space.

Quite possible that Eels / WSW could move their HQs there. If you have seen SFS Moore Park Road at Paddington lately, there are now two or three low rise buildings which house NSW Cricket, NSW Rugby, Roosters, NRL HQ, SFC, Swans (?) and the new build is for the ARU.

Those organisations share rehab facilities too IIRC.

160511-ardc.ashx

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/05/11/07/07/new-aru-facility-to-centralise-teams

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
knowing them they'll demolish them both at the same time, then try and work out where to play

Gronk

Staff member
Once the NRL let the GF go out of town once it will be hard to argue that it's a Sydney tradition thereafter.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah but they will sell out Suncorp and it will be amazing and then merkins will argue for rotation etc. Slippery slope.

Latest posts