What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - SF2 - TON 18-20 ENG @ Auckland

Semi Final Result: TON v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Should of been a penalty on the last play....england were all off side...
Yeah just saw that but given the moment, it was an easy one for Cheechin to miss.

The best refs are NOT Aussies. Theyre good at NRL 2 man refs but not one man refereeing. Super League refs are more experienced and more suited.

Smack

Coach
and have an english video ref get England into the WC final even tho that would have been the correct call
that wouldn't have caused any controversy eh ?

Whether it was correct or not, it's the last play of the f**king game, you let it play out then go to the video ref, especially when it could go either way.

Danish

Referee
Please watch the replay again.

I’ve watched it 12 times already.

He hits the ball clean, and knocks it out. He is clearly playing at the ball, as any man who’d been beaten all ends up making a desperate bail Mary play would.

The World Cup has been robbed of its rightful finish. We now get to see Australia toy with the be poms for 40-50 mins then blow them off he park

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Yeah just saw that but given the moment, it was an easy one for Cheechin to miss.

The best refs are NOT Aussies. Theyre good at NRL 2 man refs but not one man refereeing. Super League refs are more experienced and more suited.
No it's gutless they won't call it...touchies could have called it they were clearly offside....

no name

Coach
Checcin had a bad game all round, not just the last call.

Regarding the last call, it's the inconsistency of which those types of plays are called which ticks people off.
For me, about 10 years ago that was always a knock on, then one day some genius VR decided that if the defender knocks the ball out that the attacker hasn't knocked on, creating a massive grey area for tackles around the ball area.

I have seen plays similar to Fifita's today given as a try and also given as a no try.

And when the next such incident happens people will once again argue over it being a try or no try.

SBD82

Coach
Agree. You have to have a look. But I don't see the decision overturned if he did. He has to judge there is a deliberate strike at the ball and there's insufficient for me.

Great game.

BIG week for the England conditioners. They looked on their arse
Yep. Even the fact that there are so many different opinions in here means that it is surely worth a look.

England were lucky though. Nearly got rolled by a team whose starting hooker and halfback can't even nail down an NRL position.

So much for overrated nrl players.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
No it's gutless they won't call it...touchies could have called it they were clearly offside....
Yeah...no you're probably right. I only saw the off side after countless replays of the strip. I didnt see it live and thats why I felt it mightve been easy for them to miss as well.

Called a loose carry any day of the week
Also
When that ball was stripped from Mcgillvrey after he intercepted the tonga player who picked it up came from an offside position .
He was in front of where it was stripped .
Great Last 5 mins

Raiderdave

First Grade
Laurie Daley on not going upstairs

"that cost Tonga a world cup final"

what utter crap
seriously .... you'd expect some impartiality & knowledge from someone like him
very disappointing

no name

Coach
Yeah...no you're probably right. I only saw the off side after countless replays of the strip. I didnt see it live and thats why I felt it mightve been easy for them to miss as well.
Hard for them to do their actual job?
Checcin made an absolute fool of himself today with his incompetence and will probably get the final as a reward.

Danish

Referee
Just seen the replay.

f**king lol @ it being a 1-on-1 strip.

You're cooked if you don't think that's a loose carry.

Loose carry doesn’t matter if you are slapping at the ball.

Australia lost a Tri nations based on a similar call

Latest posts