What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - SF2 - TON 18-20 ENG @ Auckland

Semi Final Result: TON v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave_

Juniors
Tonga won. One of the worst calls in the history of the game to not even send that upstairs. That call just ruined the whole World Cup tournament.

This will happen in a gf soon and that's when a lot of people will walk away from the game. Sad, sad...

fourplay

Juniors
Replay shows England knocked the ball out , therefore it's a try. You can clearly see the english hand hit it out.

ouwet

Bench
People on here are carrying on like pork chops!

It was a clear loose carry, correct call!

anyways even if it went upstairs it would’ve gone up as ‘no try’ and no chance in hell you could overturn it!

ouwet

Bench
Replay shows England knocked the ball out , therefore it's a try. You can clearly see the english hand hit it out.

Learn the rules of 2017 brother!

It’s deemed a loose carry if the defending player hasn’t got eyes for the ball, he never had eyes for the ball and also look at it again, he got the arm not ball!

Raiderdave

First Grade
Tonga won. One of the worst calls in the history of the game to not even send that upstairs. That call just ruined the whole World Cup tournament.

This will happen in a gf soon and that's when a lot of people will walk away from the game. Sad, sad...
they should walk away from it if their knowledge of it is on par with yours

Golden point

Juniors
Just seen the replay.

f**king lol @ it being a 1-on-1 strip.

You're cooked if you don't think that's a loose carry.
Can't believe commentary team is making a controversy out of a good call! He called a knock on when he saw it! The ball coped a knock and he loses it .
Since when can you go to the video ref for a knock on/ strip?
I wanted Tonga to win too.
They didn't.
Deal with it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
England was off-side. If the English player never made contact with the ball, that ball would never have come out of Fifitas cuff.

Ceechin missed those things I mentioned but he missed calls that favoured England as well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Emotion for the underdog clouding reality
That's exactly what is happening.

Just like when people tried to argue that Robert Lui didn't knock on for the Cowboys when they almost snatched it in the last minute of that epic 31-30 defeat to the Roosters in the 2014 finals.

Was a clear knock on but you had Wally Lewis screaming blue murder that it wasn't.

Emotion clouding peoples judgement.

That was a loose carry and knock on by Fifita every day of the week and if it ever gets consistently ruled otherwise then the game is f**ked.

Danish

Referee
rubbish

he was making a tackle
desperately lunging at a ball carrier is not a strip you clown

he barely got to him
but yeah
thats a strip eh LOL

The fact you are dumb enough to think a professional league player just coincidentally made direct contact with the ball is your business.

He was clearly beaten for pace and had no chance of making a tackle, so lunges for the ball as Fifita is about to get away from him.

I suppose next you’ll say that when a tackler’s knee knocks the ball out in the ruck it’s an accident too

Clarkent

Juniors
All I can say is these refs we're shocking from the start! I don't think anyone wanted a tier 2 nation to make it into the grand final