What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Membership Thread

yadamisha

Juniors
View attachment 17948

This is what shark park might look like if footy ever became popular in Cronulla. How embarrassing will it be for you if you get a soccer club that draws more fans? Lol

So you appreciate then that the Shire has one of the biggest junior soccer nurseries in Australia!! And the third biggest junior league in Sydney! I could go on about how strong the shire is proportionally in providing elite level athletes form a whole range of sports. Its a very sporty area so your point is mute as the Sharks colours and emblem is used by nearly all representative sport teams from the area. There is no removing one from the other.

You obviously never visited the area during GF week to see how important to team is to the Shire, so this comment is just stupid. Then to say no one goes to games is another idiotic comment which has no basis of fact but just a removed opinion from someone as far removed from the Shire and the impact of the sport as you can get. You continue to live in a self made dream land of hate which blinds any reasonable argument.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
It was a Sydney Comp though. 300k or so local populations is an ok base. As clubs head to other areas it will be more then fine

Importantly all these established Sydney clubs have established Australia wide recognition due to the boom of tv coverage that grew rugby league in the 70,80s &90s. This notoriety and universal familiarity is an asset in the sporting lanscape of Australia. The game along with these clubs have grown in the eyes & minds of this sporting nation . You don't discard advantages and culture like that!

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Importantly all these established Sydney clubs have established Australia wide recignition due to the boom of tv coverage that grew rugby league in the 70,80s &90s. This notoriety and universal familiarity is an asset in the sporting lanscape of Australia. The game along with these clubs have grown in the eyes & minds of this sporting nation . You don't discard advantages and culture like that!

Absolutely Panthers into Western NSW, Roosters into central coast. Souths too Perth all help spreading those existing brands

Stallion

First Grade
Absolutely Panthers into Western NSW, Roosters into central coast. Souths too Perth all help spreading those existing brands

Now now ! Let's not stuff the code up in its biggest city! As you would have lost the city as time moves on with your destabilizing stance . On that undermining note the Central Coast arrangement with the Roosters has now ceased as of recent days. Hope the Bears get back in there. It would be a good fit for that club and benefit/consolidate the code in NSW.

Storm have broken last years total memberships

Seven days out from the start of the 2018 season, Melbourne Storm have broken their membership record!

The purple army now stands at 20, 508 which surpasses the all-time tally that was reached last season.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2018/03/01/storm-break-membership-record/

Congrats to them but they won’t be the only ones breaking membership records this year.

The Sharks are 2k up from this time last year. I look forward in you celebrating them breaking there membership record again this season.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Congrats to them but they won’t be the only ones breaking membership records this year.

The Sharks are 2k up from this time last year. I look forward in you celebrating them breaking there membership record again this season.

any team setting a record should be mentioned
teams looking at setting all time highs other then the Storm who already have

Parramatta
Brisbane
Canberra
Cronulla
Penrith

taipan

Referee

He'll be at the head of the queue, with his crying towel.

H.H

Juniors
Now now ! Let's not stuff the code up in its biggest city! As you would have lost the city as time moves on with your destabilizing stance . On that undermining note the Central Coast arrangement with the Roosters has now ceased as of recent days. Hope the Bears get back in there. It would be a good fit for that club and benefit/consolidate the code in NSW.
Just check that one. You may be right, but I understood it was just the Wyong Roos who split.

The actual central coast arrangement, which is beyond the Roos I believe is still intact.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Correct - Wyong are withdrawing as the Roosters' ISP feeder as of next season.

North Sydney Bears are already contracted to the Rabbitohs for at least the next season or two.

Stallion

First Grade
Just check that one. You may be right, but I understood it was just the Wyong Roos who split.

The actual central coast arrangement, which is beyond the Roos I believe is still intact.

Fair enough. Think it's the Wyong scenario that just ceased. Thanks.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Panthers memberships suspended 'til Monday due to unprecedented demand.
What the ....?
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/03/09/battle-of-the-west-sold-out/

I would assume that due to the game now being sold out, selling season memberships at the same prices and not being able to attend the game would be the issue. Due to the demand they will probably need to reassess there membership deals. Maybe they went too hard on the 1 game (battle of the west) memberships at the demise of full year memberships? I guess this will change a few things going forward. Penrith stadium capacity is 22k so Penrith could easily surpass that number in memberships this year. It’s a good issue to have but ideally should of been planned for.

Clifferd

Coach
I would assume that due to the game now being sold out, selling season memberships at the same prices and not being able to attend the game would be the issue. Due to the demand they will probably need to reassess there membership deals. Maybe they went too hard on the 1 game (battle of the west) memberships at the demise of full year memberships? I guess this will change a few things going forward. Penrith stadium capacity is 22k so Penrith could easily surpass that number in memberships this year. It’s a good issue to have but ideally should of been planned for.

This