What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Salary Cap

Vee

First Grade
Anyone have a link to the actual report? I'm interested in the details e.g. reported 13 players paid $1.5M in 3rd party extras off the books. Who were the players , managers, officials, amounts?

It's clear the media got more details, are they publicly available?

simmo05

Bench
Pretty unbelievable you can get life ban for pissing in your own mouth, throwing a bottle of water at the ref, however for systematic cheating its 1 year for the executives and a chump change fine for the millionaire owner. If they were serious it would an immediate life time ban for the excecutives involved, a minimum fine of however much the breach was, and a point deduction of, say, 1 point per 100 grand over the cap. Make taking risk not worth the effort.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Pretty disgusted to be honest. Considering canning and demanding a refund on membership.

I've actually requested a refund and termination of membership, as well as a few other friends and family...

I'm not gonna financially support a team that mismanages supporters money.. Our family of five may not bankrupt the club and definitely not my intention...

Game day, 3 jerseys per year plus other merchandise may just dent their bottom line..Make the morons past and present think about the decisions they make towards this club a club I have supported for 40+ years...

Lebbo73

Bench
Nah when it comes to cheats there isn’t any one that does it better than the Broncos
How did you fellas end up when you rorted the cap with that pill-popping Gallen? You know the drug cheat who captains your side. Not to mention the rumours that he was at the Eels as a 19yr old and was cut because he had a rig like a truck driver. Then he reappears a year later at the Sharks all cut and fit. He must have worked hard for that magical transformation. He’s the only player in history to run for 200m and make 30+ tackles per game for over 5 years straight. That’s some great stamina for a former ‘fatty’.

JamesRustle

First Grade
How did you fellas end up when you rorted the cap with that pill-popping Gallen? You know the drug cheat who captains your side. Not to mention the rumours that he was at the Eels as a 19yr old and was cut because he had a rig like a truck driver. Then he reappears a year later at the Sharks all cut and fit. He must have worked hard for that magical transformation. He’s the only player in history to run for 200m and make 30+ tackles per game for over 5 years straight. That’s some great stamina for a former ‘fatty’.
I thought he was the co-captain?? Anyone?

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeah thanks for the essay is Andrew Gee around

SBD82

Coach
I've actually requested a refund and termination of membership, as well as a few other friends and family...

I'm not gonna financially support a team that mismanages supporters money.. Our family of five may not bankrupt the club and definitely not my intention...

Game day, 3 jerseys per year plus other merchandise may just dent their bottom line..Make the morons past and present think about the decisions they make towards this club a club I have supported for 40+ years...
As much as I love laying the boot into manly supporters, it's this sort of post that puts things into perspective for me. The Manly club has really let down their fans.

I hope they can win you back some day mate.

Oh noes Turd Greenshit, such brutality

Last year we had to play $1.5m under the cap due to injuries like Watmong's injury which you exempt from Parramatta but not Manly because you're biased against us as f**k, now we have to play only $330k for 2 years

Well hopefully now emails will be released and you'll be forced to resign

If Penn has any guts

Can we get Gallop back?

eagles4eva

First Grade
As much as I love laying the boot into manly supporters, it's this sort of post that puts things into perspective for me. The Manly club has really let down their fans.

I hope they can win you back some day mate.

Ta mate, will always be an Eagles fan, plus the kids will drive me crazy to go to games..Just no more this year...

The cancer in the club, the Penns, Peters, the way Toovey was treated, the recruitment and contract of Barrett has spiraled the club to this point..

I also find it hard to believe Fulton has got away totally free from penalty.. The guy is a big head and has a God complex...

There are no excuses at all and the club deserves sanctions, I agree with most they are extremely lucky not to have had points deducted...

ReddFelon

Juniors

Yep, my family have been on board since 1947, save for three years when we backed the Reds after the move to Perth they were always our club. I can't support a club that encourages cheating and mismanagement. It's a slap in the face of everyone who supported them.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep, my family have been on board since 1947, save for three years when we backed the Reds after the move to Perth they were always our club. I can't support a club that encourages cheating and mismanagement. It's a slap in the face of everyone who supported them.

I know exactly how you feel, mate - I felt exactly the same way.

But please - as a passionate Manly fan, don't let a couple of f**kwits ruin your love for your club.

Your club is bigger than a couple of imbeciles.

Losing fans? Guess they never cared anyway

What a bunch of soft cocks, maybe Parramatta or souffs should be their club

Undisclosed third party deals is hardly signing 5 contracts or whatever the eels done

We have f**khead owners, a cuckold for a coach and a fat leak walking around the place thinking he's bigger than the club, his stomach may well be though so I guess there's some merit

I will not stop going for the club but I decided that I wouldn't be helping them financially after the Toovey debacle

Latest posts