What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
f**k me its a scapegoatathon.

Coach’s career is over. Never heard anything more ridiculous.

Refs are micromanaging us. No luck. Argh.

Imo, Arthur should do a Sticky, and complain about the officiating.

I know his "no excuses" mantra is noble, but these refs need a wake up call.

Djay

Juniors
The refs are useless, 100% some of these calls are ridiculous. How the Tigers got the ball back when they bombed a try because apparently was offside was a joke.

But it’s every week, every week we are up against it, we have no possession and we aren’t winning the penalty count. The Tigers have had 22 sets to our 11, why is this happening every week?

But we are honestly an awful football team, we can’t defend, we don’t turn any teams away, we look unfit. It’s never ending, there are some seriously concerning signs looking at this team.

Kornstar

Coach
I’m not in the know mate. The players are complaining to former staff members that I know. Everyone knows that BA is an intense maniac who needs help but won’t take it.

His arrogance combined with ignorance will get him sacked and back in the tradie tools.

Why weren’t they complaining in the off season is all I’m asking?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We are a terrible football team. What ever happened this off season has not worked. Despite what TCT have reported we are a f**king embarrassment. We have no go forward, discipline or resolve.

I agree we have been very poor!!

I’m not in the know mate. The players are complaining to former staff members that I know. Everyone knows that BA is an intense maniac who needs help but won’t take it.

His arrogance combined with ignorance will get him sacked and back on the tradie tools.

Tradie tools? With Sharpie :joy:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Like last year we are just going to have to accept we are not gonna get the rub of the green, the refs have us profiled and they will see every penalty.

It's self fulfilling. We will be penalised more because we have been penalised more.

IFR33K

Coach
When I hear that Brian Smith offered his services and BA said no that was enough for me.

His problem is that he never listens to anyone. Especially with recruitment and retention. The guy is so arrogant which will lead to his downfall. Takes on too much yet knows f**k all.

Across the nrl, I couldn’t think of a better candidate to help BA. :face_palm:♂️

Avenger

Immortal
f**k me its a scapegoatathon.

Coach’s career is over. Never heard anything more ridiculous.

Refs are micromanaging us. No luck. Argh.
Please Gronk

We are an unfit, clunky mess and all BA did was sign Kane Evans and the AFL nobody.

hindy111

Post Whore
When I hear that Brian Smith offered his services and BA said no that was enough for me.

His problem is that he never listens to anyone. Especially with recruitment and retention. The guy is so arrogant which will lead to his downfall. Takes on too much yet knows f**k all.

He hasnt changed our style. Teams have worked us out . The end.

Smart coaches adjust their team every year but also for the opposition. Spot a weakness and go for it. We use the same game plan every week. Our chance was last season under BA. Teams know his style now so its over.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So what we get a bad call...Tough teams hang in and regain momentum. We dont.
Mentally weak

Honest question - which other team/s get robbed every single week, like we do?

Seriously?

I'm watching the game with my mates - one supports the Tigers, and the other the Knights, and they both admit that we get ripped off every week.

It's not an excuse - we are terrible.

But the refs are supposed to officiate with no bias.

Incorrect

Coach
Bit of deja vu about things so far. We're giving away penalty after penalty, starving ourselves of possession, fatigue setting in, holes in the defensive line, opposition doing a they please controlling the tempo... Hard to see how we can turn the tide.

Every team have been giving away upwards of a dozen penalties a game so far this season... Except when they play the Eels though...

Bazal

Post Whore
2006-Brian Smith is stale, he's run his race at Parramatta so getting a new coach is a good idea.

12 years later... Gee we should have got that Brian Smith the fellow to help a bloke who just finished fourth

f**ked. In. The. Head

strider

Post Whore

How the f**k do you know who he listens to.