What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Yeah he's a gun. Seen him play centre at the Australian schoolboys carnival too and dominate (outplayed Campbell Graham who is now a first grader). Great in the air and carries the ball well. Him and Dunster look very promising outside backs.

Is there anything we can do to get Dunster to change his first name? There are limits.

Dibs

Bench
They also swapped Hunt for Josh McGroan. Biggest upgrade in the history of upgrades. McGroan was the worst starting half in the comp last year. They did only miss out on the 8 by a game last season.
I think it was only 10 minutes they missed out by

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/933b591dca374b5f57e1e1026fcffe10

EELS SHAKE-UP AFTER BAD YEAR

PARRAMATTA boss Bernie Gurr fired off an email to the Eels football staff this week telling them of an impending review into the club’s poor season.

Staff had heard whispers of it but the scope of the probe was not known.

Gurr told them that review “includes all aspects of football operations”, meaning coaching and support staff, recruitment, retention, player roster management, junior development and high performance will all come under scrutiny.

Gurr went on to write that the review was expected to take about eight weeks and interviews were under way as the club looks to find what the “best practice” is for the organisation.

One outcome expected is the appointment of a head of football.

The Eels are in the midst of finding an external party to support the review, which will be led by two club directors.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
And f**k off BA who continues to pick them

like he has so many choices, you cant pick uncontracted players you know

I doubt anyone here would have predicted the Mennings drop in form at the start of the year let alone BA in fact some here were arguing he was still good enough for Origin

also Smith had some decent games at the end of last season and deserved his place in the squad as a utility and I see he is one of this weeks scapegoats but apparently its all BA's fault because he was supposed to foresee all this last summer

IFR33K

Coach
If the review is performance based, I’d expect the boss of the junior league to be searching for a new job next year. He’d be my first merkin axed.

I’d be poaching phil Cummings back from Penrith.

Noise

Coach
like he has so many choices, you cant pick uncontracted players you know

I doubt anyone here would have predicted the Mennings drop in form at the start of the year let alone BA in fact some here were arguing he was still good enough for Origin

also Smith had some decent games at the end of last season and deserved his place in the squad as a utility and I see he is one of this weeks scapegoats but apparently its all BA's fault because he was supposed to foresee all this last summer

Will Smith is not a dummy half. I knew BA had lost the plot when he selected Smith for 80min over a fit King weeks ago. Last night he could have used Pritchard for the 10 minutes seeing he is fit enough to play for Wenty.

Takarangi was not good last year either. He has been even worse this year. It didn't take a genius to figure that out

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Will Smith is not a dummy half. I knew BA had lost the plot when he selected Smith for 80min over a fit King weeks ago. Last night he could have used Pritchard for the 10 minutes seeing he is fit enough to play for Wenty.

Takarangi was not good last year either. He has been even worse this year. It didn't take a genius to figure that out

I dont recall mentioning Taka but again, what are the contracted choices ?

you understand that Pritchard needs to gain match fitness after his time out, you'd rather he did that in the NRL rather then Wenty ?

I can see why Smith was selected, not my preference but there really is no other contracted choices with match fitness, I would have stuck with Mahoney but he was suspended

Noise

Coach
you understand that Pritchard needs to gain match fitness after his time out, you'd rather he did that in the NRL rather then Wenty ?

He only needed to play 10 minutes FFS. Josh Hodgson just came back from an ACL injury and played shit loads longer than 10min. Kaysa has only been out for a month or 2 with a much less serious injury than an ACL.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He only needed to play 10 minutes FFS. Josh Hodgson just came back from an ACL injury and played shit loads longer than 10min. Kaysa has only been out for a month or 2 with a much less serious injury than an ACL.

easy in hindsight but a huge gamble if King is injured early in the game, then we would have been forced to play an unfit player for the majority of the game, its all about the risk assessment

if that happens is just more fodder for the death riders like "why would BA pick Kaysa if he knew he wasn't fit ?",

like I said, what real choice did he have ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Surely fitness a moot issue when Vave continually is picked???? The bloke has swallowed Choppy Close and Thirdman Thiaday.

Latest posts