What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 V Warriors

Doesn't mean much in 2018 though does it. 15 other club will throw him money and we should let him walk if we re-sign Cleary.

If Cleary re-signs you’d imagine it’d be hard to keep him.

But

Our 3 highest paid players are off contract all at the same time at the end of 2020, only a one year overlap.

franklin2323

Immortal
Doesn't mean much in 2018 though does it. 15 other club will throw him money and we should let him walk if we re-sign Cleary.

We will re-sign Cleary by the start of next season. So can re assess then but it is why I am
not worrying about if we keep Cleary or not

GongPanther

Referee
I doubt we can keep him if Cleary re-signs tbh. It’ll be one or the other.

Only chance might be moving Maloney on after next year? He could get s big payday in super league.
If Luai plays with that intensity for a few more games,getting to watch him alone would be worth the price of admission.And he will definately grab the attention of either the Tiges or Roosters.

Fangs

Coach
If Luai plays with that intensity for a few more games,getting to watch him alone would be worth the price of admission.And he will definately grab the attention of either the Tiges or Roosters.

And the Raiders, Eels, Broncos, Storm, Newcastle etc.

Halves are wanted all over the NRL.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. I thought it would be May, though.

Kikau terrorised the Warriors. Blake too as it went on. Amazing Kikau should play like this after the way he looked last week. The academy at work.
I thought he was done for the year with the pain he was in. Unbelievable.

Unless he has a Dugan threshold for pain.

Panfa

Juniors
For mine if i had to make a long term decision id keep luai and let cleary go 1 not only will luai be much cheaper to resign but he will stay at penrith 2 he won't play origin which is a bonus for us during that period,if we resign cleary he will demand 1-1.1 mil and will leave in 2yrs to play under dad and we will also have lost luai that leaves us with no halfback in 2yrs time

Panfa

Juniors
We had this exact situation when we let wallace go and gower went soon after we had no halfback for yrs

age.s

First Grade
Luai was fantastic and you'd be blind not to be excited, but he's had one game of first grade. We've got an Origin winning halves pairing who've had a couple of quiet games over the most taxing period of the year. No need to do anything rash like ditching Cleary.

IMO we need Cleary + Luai. It's not an either/or.

GongPanther

Referee
I just watched the replay of the try where he beat like 5 people to score. I could watch it all day. It is f**king beautiful.
Yea,I just watched it again on Fox. Looked even better a second time. When I watch tries being scored,because of my eyes,I sometimes tend to focus more on the ball,than the actual whole movement. (On 5th beer) :)

mxlegend99

Referee
For mine if i had to make a long term decision id keep luai and let cleary go 1 not only will luai be much cheaper to resign but he will stay at penrith 2 he won't play origin which is a bonus for us during that period,if we resign cleary he will demand 1-1.1 mil and will leave in 2yrs to play under dad and we will also have lost luai that leaves us with no halfback in 2yrs time
If we based our future halves on performances against Warriors Isaac John would be our captain right now.

Not sure why. But they bring the best out in our halves. Hell even Carty setup a couple in our come from behind win last year at 6.

Never seen it with a side this weakened before. But a secidion that big requires more than a single game.

Luai and Cleary are both contracted next year anyway apparently.

Pick a number you can live with for Cleary & go with that. We can’t always keep going towards inexperienced players, need to stick with building up experience in key positions.

Plus it’s only one game for Luai. Long way to go yet.