What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 V Warriors

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The state of origin halves are Maloney and Cleary. They at this stage are our best option. Lui is gifted, is young and inexperienced. We have him until end of 19 like Cleary. He is a great fill-in.

The Realist

Juniors
I don't think so. Like him or loathe him he is the number 1 half in the comp right now.

Cleary hasn't shown he can replace Maloney yet.

And in 2 years Maloney will be an over the hill has been. You'd hope by then that Cleary would have picked up on how to organise and manage a team. If not then he is not the halfback we'd hoped he'd become. Might end up being a Mitchell Pearce 2.0 or like other talented young halves who showed a lot of promise early on but never fully delivered. Recent NRL history is littered with them.

Luai was brilliant and is very strong in defence, just want to see how he goes against better defensive sides, when his running game and stepping game isn't as successful. His kicking game was solid tonight but he will definitely improve there. I think we rest Maloney next week with Cleary and Luai in the halves. If Peachey is in the halves Luai would be pissed.

OldPanther

Coach
He just made an error. But CHN is looking a handful today.

Blake is god though. That try saver... no one else in our team makes it. Insane speed to get there

If it's the tackle I'm thinking he put the bloke into the leagues club. He was so good tonight. Happy I could watch it in person.

maple_69

Bench
I’d take a Mitchell Pearce level half if that’s the not good timeline. With our talent around him, NSWs talent around him in Origin and he has a very good career.

betcats

Referee
No unlike Moylan he did something in juniors. Played with May/Cleary/Katoa spine in a team that dominated the comp. if we can keep that spine together why not?

Luai pushed May out of the spine in that team, he and Cleary were the halves. May played everywhere else. Besides the fact it could hurt our chances for 2019 it would almost be to perfect if we could offload Maloney next season and put Luai in. He is the perfect partner for Cleary and they already know each other well having dominated nyc together.

Our forwards are the most important ingredient to our long term success, kiks is probably the best talent we have he could be taumolololo like in a year or two.

Katoa looks awesome playing confident behind a dominant forward pack, he was getting our forwards into half gaps and one on one tackles all night.

All that being said f**k the warriors were shit last night, they would’ve got booed off had they been at home. Ducking woeful.

Luai pushed May out of the spine in that team, he and Cleary were the halves. May played everywhere else. Besides the fact it could hurt our chances for 2019 it would almost be to perfect if we could offload Maloney next season and put Luai in. He is the perfect partner for Cleary and they already know each other well having dominated nyc together.

Our forwards are the most important ingredient to our long term success, kiks is probably the best talent we have he could be taumolololo like in a year or two.

Katoa looks awesome playing confident behind a dominant forward pack, he was getting our forwards into half gaps and one on one tackles all night.

All that being said f**k the warriors were shit last night, they would’ve got booed off had they been at home. Ducking woeful.
The Panthers played them like that, if that makes sense?

Kev07

Juniors
May led that Panthers 2015 NYC team in almost every category.
Led in tries,try assists,tackles,line breaks,line break assists,support play,decoys playing 1,4,6,7,9,12 & 13.
That accomplishment has never and doubt ever be replicated.

franklin2323

Immortal

That's the thing pushing an Origin player out because a guy carved up a woeful Warriors seems abit premature.

Maybe for 2020 but need a bigger sample size than one great game

betcats

Referee
May led that Panthers 2015 NYC team in almost every category.
Led in tries,try assists,tackles,line breaks,line break assists,support play,decoys playing 1,4,6,7,9,12 & 13.
That accomplishment has never and doubt ever be replicated.

Yeah I know I’m not knocking may at all I rate him highly but Luai is a better halves prospect and was clearys partner in that team.

A big part of what helped may achieve all those remarkable stats is the fact he played everywhere, he likely wouldn’t have done it just playing 6. He is a fantastic player I’m not taking anything away from him.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel the best weapons are JFH, Kikau. These two have something many forwards never get. Rare qualities.

Yeo, RCG are great players but I don't think their qualities are as rare and easier to replace.

But if had to chose id keep the top 2. Real weapons.

Whare is playing well too. At 28 he is still ypung enough to become one of the best centres in game like was a few years ago