What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
lol

you are always one of the first to rush to BA's defence

without fail

I think you'll find plenty more have defended him in the time since kick off until now, given I made one post before this morning. I also think you'll find that I haven't attacked or defended him, merely made generic observations. Which I know you struggle to understand, being of the sort of intelligence level that truly believes only black and white exist in any discussion

But hey, you believe whatever gets your bar up. You do you, you stupid shining diamond of mental deficiency.

TheRam

Coach
Out of curiosity - @Bazal, @Gary Gutful, @Poupou Escobar, @Gronk, @strider, @Suitman - I think you blokes are very level-headed, and I honestly admire that.

What are your thoughts on Moses?

I know he must be down on confidence, but is he performing his role, do you think?

I think he's a talent, no doubt about it - but he doesn't seem to be creating chances, and seems more concerned about those no-look passes to an inside runner, rather than trying to create chances.

But I wonder whether I am being way too harsh on the kid.

What I don't get a mention? Well I'm offended. Wanker.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I think you'll find plenty more have defended him in the time since kick off until now, given I made one post before this morning. I also think you'll find that I haven't attacked or defended him, merely made generic observations. Which I know you struggle to understand, being of the sort of intelligence level that truly believes only black and white exist in any discussion

But hey, you believe whatever gets your bar up. You do you, you stupid shining diamond of mental deficiency.
you are so full of it

every week anyone who thinks your idol is a massive dud is called a death rider lol

check the ladder out moron

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Out of curiosity - @Bazal, @Gary Gutful, @Poupou Escobar, @Gronk, @strider, @Suitman - I think you blokes are very level-headed, and I honestly admire that.

I know he must be down on confidence, but is he performing his role, do you think?

I think he's a talent, no doubt about it - but he doesn't seem to be creating chances, and seems more concerned about those no-look passes to an inside runner, rather than trying to create chances.

I don’t think he’s the problem.

He is trying hard but not creating chances. Two things in my mind would make a big difference - a better 9 (hopefully Mahoney is that person next year) and a halves partner that complements Mitch.

Norman tries to do too much which limits Mitch’s opportunities and doesn’t allow our attack to flow as freely as it could.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
you are so full of it

every week anyone who thinks your idol is a massive dud is called a death rider lol

check the ladder out moron
He just calls out stupid gibber fest comments from people looking to make BA a convenient scapegoat. Legitimate criticisms and observations about BA’s deficiencies are never refuted.

In your mind he loves BA but the reality is he just hates people talking shit.

El Diablo

Post Whore
He just calls out stupid gibber fest comments from people looking to make BA a convenient scapegoat. Legitimate criticisms and observations about BA’s deficiencies are never refuted.

In your mind he loves BA but the reality is he just hates people talking shit.
a convenient scapegoat lol

he's the f**king coach of this rabble

hindy111

Post Whore

Very dissapointed as I am the best judge on here . Ffs Bazal? Thats a kick in the balls. And Gary might be a smart man but he couldnt build a team.
So I will give you my advice on Moses.

He has great ball playing skills. 8/10.
Running game as good as any half.
Defense is bad but so i a lot of halves
Kicking game is average but can kick long so can improve this area.

Now biggest issue with Moses is his temperament. Comes across as a spoilt little dickhead to me. When things dont go his way on the field he acts like a dipshit and loses his cool. That results in him trying the spectacular rather then be patient. Goes for the stick that up you play. Look at Cleary how calm and composed he is. Nothing gets to him. Imo Moses has more potential and go go further but also far more weaknesses defense being one.
Biggest question is can Moses cahnge his temperament and develop a patient approach and thick skin. What I do like is he loves to win and puts in 100% but is he humble about it or do players not take him seriously and think guys a bit of a wanker. There is a difference. Im reading body language.
Norman I feel team mates would enjoy his company, bit of a clown and larakin. Hayne from people I know who know him say he is a quietish kind of guy. Comes from a tough childhood with little money. My guess with Moses was maybe a spoilt little kid.
All complete guesses but I feel I am very good at it. Moses needs to earn respect of team mates otherwise they wont react to him. He has the game to be best half in comp but temperament must change.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have attacked the edges ever since Arthur got here. It's not grinding footy. The difference is this year teams have figured out how to pressure us out wide and we don't have the cattle for going back through the middle. So we turn it inside to Brown or give it to Alvaro/Mannah/etc when it's not on out wide, but we do it because we have to, not because that's what we want to do. Multiple points of attack cost a lot of cap space, but we have rectified it by bringing Paulo back next year.

Just another excuse. Sorry pou.
We need a hard nosed 2nd rower who runs straight.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well he knew what he was doing the previous four years. Did the team underperform then?

Lot of close and lucky wins last year and a soft draw . Storm without origin players, Cowboys once missing Thurston a few field goals against tigers and Dogs. Scraped home against Souths.
Add the fact we where either flogged or never a real chance in 6 games. Now compare that to the teams in the top 4 this year.

Souths have been in every single game. Panthers,Saints,Storm,Rooster have been a chance in all but 1 or 2 games.
This year we have been in all but about 5 or 6 games. Exact same as last season. Shows was just as many games we didnt turn up.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well he knew what he was doing the previous four years. Did the team underperform then?
BA’s results since he has been here have been:
2014 - 10th
2015 - 12th
2016 - 14th
2017 - 4th
2018 - Currently 16th

Any year a team doesn’t make the 8 is considered a failure in my opinion so I’d say the first two years were a failure, he gets a reprieve for 2016, 2017 was good and 2018 is diabolical.

He’s had 3 failed seasons, 1 successful season and a write off year. I’m not convinced he will be a long term successful first grade coach.

Bazal

Post Whore
Is that your word of the month. BULLY. If someones disagrees with you.

I'm just amused by it and how it gets used by certain people.

After all, that's what you called me when I disagreed with you. Just enjoying the irony.

Bazal

Post Whore
BA’s results since he has been here have been:
2014 - 10th
2015 - 12th
2016 - 14th
2017 - 4th
2018 - Currently 16th

Any year a team doesn’t make the 8 is considered a failure in my opinion so I’d say the first two years were a failure, he gets a reprieve for 2016, 2017 was good and 2018 is diabolical.

He’s had 3 failed seasons, 1 successful season and a write off year.

Your criteria is overly simplistic. 2014 was hardly a failure...taking a side that Sticky coached to a spoon, completely and totally ruined in various ways (Projector-gate, for eg), and then walked out on to tenth? It's obviously not a resounding success or anything but seriously...

Happy MEel

First Grade
Your criteria is overly simplistic. 2014 was hardly a failure...taking a side that Sticky coached to a spoon, completely and totally ruined in various ways (Projector-gate, for eg), and then walked out on to tenth? It's obviously not a resounding success or anything but seriously...
If you don’t think every team’s goal at the start of a season is to at least make the 8 your living in a dreamworld.

Sticky did us a monumental favour with that overhead projector and signed Norman, Peats and Hoppa to play alongside players such as Tonga, Hayne and Mau.

Latest posts