What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

St Georgio

Juniors
It is kind of relief knowing our season is over, I won't be watching another NRL game until St George sign a true premiership winning coach.
Wayne Bennett, Des Hasler, McGuire, heck bring on Brian Smith.
You know Brian Smith made 2 GF with a squad worth half the money than what this squad is valued at.
I truly feel like vomiting, losing 40-4 to a team who's been running last all year it is an absolute disgrace.
Paul McGregor is truly out of his depth and totally delusional he is not a premiership winning coach, he is at best a reasonable assistant coach proven by the fact he lacks the ability to come up with alternate game plans, in boxing terms he is that fighter that beats 1 or 2 bums then is embarrassingly knocked out in the first round by a true fighter!
Click on the link to see our Mary at Work ENJOY WATCHING!

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Marry has to go. Absolutely heart broken. We have the worst management in the comp. We need a gus. He had success and got rid of it. We have no success towards the back end of the season. What would he do?
Mary would be gone today. Gould would probably do the coaching for final few games till the new man stepped in.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Nearly spewed with comment on 9 after the game .Ryan Girdler blamed the players and said Mary was a "Great coach "" , I nearly threw my shoe at the TV. There are many many people paid good money to comment on the NRL but why can't they be honest ? The Illawarra mafia striks again.!
Girdler is Illawarra mafia that thrives on seeing others losing.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
To all the Mary bashers, you were right. lol

I never was a big fan of Mary. I wanted us to sign Cleary at the end of 16 and wanted him gone at the end of last year too. We need a new coach from outside our club, with fresh and new ideas. If we can manage to sign 2 or 3 good outside backs for next year, a new coach would be taking over a decent roster.
If you are asking me I think that is very possible. I haven't seen them drop their bundle completely like that in ages. Then again, the way McInnes was nodding at every word McGregor spewed out would suggest otherwise.

We've got a group that are all comfortable in each other, coach and all, and comfortable with just giving it their best knowing their position is safe as houses. Meanwhile I ask myself "what am I so worried about? Why am I so anxious to get rid of this coach?". The answer? St George has been Illawarra-nised. Sorry but I have to say it. Mcgregor wants us to believe scraping into the 8 is the pinnacle and the way of keeping his job and the fans happy at the same time. He is a Steelers symbol through and through.

I'll see myself out.
Yep we have been Illawarraised
And it stinks

ouryears

Bench
Cast your minds back to round 26 last year against the dogs. We only had to win that game and we make the finals.

Mary should've been sacked after that game. He wasn't and it looks like we'll probably scrap into the 8 and exit first week but Mary will herald 2018 a success because EVERYONE had them finishing bottom 4. We're stuck with this clown for at least another year.
No surely, he will be gone

ouryears

Bench
I guess you missed the " marks in your fury? I was being sarcastic and quoting the excuses that the coach would use A hole.
I guess you missed the " marks in your fury? I was being sarcastic and quoting the excuses that the coach would use A hole.
Then be direct and stop playing around at times like this.
Say it, spit it out.
Be brave!
For once.

gonz

Juniors
Nearly spewed with comment on 9 after the game .Ryan Girdler blamed the players and said Mary was a "Great coach "" , I nearly threw my shoe at the TV. There are many many people paid good money to comment on the NRL but why can't they be honest ? The Illawarra mafia striks again.!
The media push his barrow cause they know he an embarrassment and that with him there it will sell papers and allow the choke stories to continue

He's lost the players, you can see it.
He has no clue how to arrest these late season slides and the players know it.

What professional team goes on a three day booze and bonding session 4 weeks before the end of the season?

Your playing for a top 4 spot and get pumped by 40 by the team that's been coming last all year, what's that tell you about the players attitude to playing for thier "coach"?

You can blame the players all you want, but when they have no confidence in thier coaches and what they laughingly refer to as "game plans" you can't win games.

ouryears

Bench
He's lost the players, you can see it.
He has no clue how to arrest these late season slides and the players know it.

What professional team goes on a three day booze and bonding session 4 weeks before the end of the season?

Your playing for a top 4 spot and get pumped by 40 by the team that's been coming last all year, what's that tell you about the players attitude to playing for thier "coach"?

You can blame the players all you want, but when they have no confidence in thier coaches and what they laughingly refer to as "game plans" you can't win games.
Agree with everything you say.
The coach is a disgrace
The coaching team is a disgrace
The players are a disgrace
The board is a disgrace

Damn the lot of them.

Smack

Coach
It is kind of relief knowing our season is over, I won't be watching another NRL game until St George sign a true premiership winning coach.
Wayne Bennett, Des Hasler, McGuire, heck bring on Brian Smith.
You know Brian Smith made 2 GF with a squad worth half the money than what this squad is valued at.
I truly feel like vomiting, losing 40-4 to a team who's been running last all year it is an absolute disgrace.
Paul McGregor is truly out of his depth and totally delusional he is not a premiership winning coach, he is a best a reasonable assistant coach proven by the fact he lacks the ability to come up with alternate game plans, in boxing terms he is that fighter that beats 1 or 2 bums then is embarrassingly knocked out in the first round by a true fighter!
Click on the link to see our Mary at Work ENJOY WATCHING!

I love Raymond in boxing, he is pretty good tbh.

@ 3:38 lol

Eastview

Juniors
The Illawarra side of the board are so used to mediocrity they can't see the fact that Illawarra's golden child is massively out of his depth and will just be happy with a top 10 finish and want to extend the supercoach's contract as they will see this season as a success due to the fact we were predicted to be in the bottom 4

Crush

Coach
Then be direct and stop playing around at times like this.
Say it, spit it out.
Be brave!
For once.
Nah, not in my nature to spew negativity all over the place like you. A little bit of subtle sarcasm from time to time is enough for me, I like to live my life being positive.
Anyway, I will go and enjoy my Sunday now champ, try not to break the keyboard :grinning: