What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne criticises pricks in pink for not giving Parramatta Eels a fair go

forward pass

Coach
If anyone doubted the impact of Hayne then watch the George Jennings try again against Saints.

Great tactic by BA (great coaching even though plenty don’t rate him), but having Hayne standing off the scrum totally messed with Saints defenders heads. They were so worried about Hayne they did not even think about tackling Gennings. What a play!

Who else do we have that can stand in the backline and completely worry the crap out of defenders? No-one. Semi in years gone by but no-one else at the moment. Re-sign him now!

eel01s

Bench
If anyone doubted the impact of Hayne then watch the George Jennings try again against Saints.

Great tactic by BA (great coaching even though plenty don’t rate him), but having Hayne standing off the scrum totally messed with Saints defenders heads. They were so worried about Hayne they did not even think about tackling Gennings. What a play!

Who else do we have that can stand in the backline and completely worry the crap out of defenders? No-one. Semi in years gone by but no-one else at the moment. Re-sign him now!
Absolutely. We need to create doubt for the defending side in order to create space. Much better than the boring sweep plays.

forward pass

Coach
Absolutely. We need to create doubt for the defending side in order to create space. Much better than the boring sweep plays.

That is what having players like Hayne in your side can do. They can create tries without even touching the ball.

84 Baby

Referee

That try was set up minutes before. I think it was also from a scrum, we swept to the right almost carbon copy with Hayne floating out the back and the pass that time went to Hayne who got swarmed. Run it again but simply pass to the other guy.
A lot of the issues with the BA block plays has been predictability, but a lot of that comes down to not actually looking up to see what the opposition is doing plus not getting (or working towards) running variation in rapid succession.
But I agree having your opponents fixated on a particular reputation definitely helps. Hayne's try scoring reputation has definitely come back this season

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't know why people keep going on about these "block" plays. I would think they are responsible for more tries scored over the last decade than any other method. Every team does them.

And why are they being called block plays anyway? No one is blocking anyone else (or at least they shouldn't be).
Second-man plays, or decoy plays makes more sense.

T-Boon

Coach
I don't know why people keep going on about these "block" plays. I would think they are responsible for more tries scored over the last decade than any other method. Every team does them.

And why are they being called block plays anyway? No one is blocking anyone else (or at least they shouldn't be).
Second-man plays, or decoy plays makes more sense.

I call them 'evidence we need to go to 11 men' plays.

T-Boon

Coach
Has this thread officially replaced the "Hayne to the NFL" thread as the all thing Hayne thread?

Legion

Juniors
we must be due to see the plane again very soon. he is nearing that form again

Yeah well now that there's nothing but a wooden spoon to avoid & the fact that he's got a personal incentive to motivate him, a new contract, I fully expect Hayne to play well for the rest of the year.

But I hope no Parra supporters are actually hoping him to show any loyalty to the Eels. If he gets offered a few extra $$$ by another club it'll be bye bye Show Pony Boy.

Then next year we'll see the same. It wont be until half way through the season before he pulls finger.

Dibs

Bench
Yeah well now that there's nothing but a wooden spoon to avoid & the fact that he's got a personal incentive to motivate him, a new contract, I fully expect Hayne to play well for the rest of the year.

But I hope no Parra supporters are actually hoping him to show any loyalty to the Eels. If he gets offered a few extra $$$ by another club it'll be bye bye Show Pony Boy.

Then next year we'll see the same. It wont be until half way through the season before he pulls finger.
Hey Bart, your’e normally good for a prediction on where Hayne will play next, where do you think he will end up?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You are conveniently forgetting his injuries earlier in the year.

That aside, to suggest to a Parra Fan that Hayne has at times been inconsistent is the very essence of 'stating the bleeding obvious'.

If he's as shit as you say he is then surely no-one else will offer him extra $$$. Sounds like you are having a bet each way.

So, you are predicting he will be injured again at the start of next season?

Legion

Juniors
Hey Bart, your’e normally good for a prediction on where Hayne will play next, where do you think he will end up?

They were just discussing this on 100% Footy. I pretty much agree with their general consensus.

It will depend on if another team needs a fullback. He's too inconsistent for fullback.
His best position is on the wing. He's big, he's strong & he's still quick.

I'd be very surprised if any other team wants him. If Parra want to play him next year on the wing, how much will he be offered? Not half as much as he thinks he's worth.

Interesting that the Eels haven't offered him a contract for 2019 yet, so he can't be much of a priority.

Latest posts