What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne criticises pricks in pink for not giving Parramatta Eels a fair go

T-Boon

Coach
Nah, would create too much open space.
I like seeing tries, but even more so when it's harder to get one.

It would be too open if you had 11 men and 10 metres. But I would go 11 men and 5 metres or maybe even 2 metres. That would solve most problems in the game.

Legion

Juniors
No such problems anymore based on the evidence presented in this thread.

Digging up posts where I was sharing a personal experience (an extremely painful one at that) on a thread where a member is having similar issues, in the hope that it may help others?

Congratulations, you win the Lower Than a Snakes Belly Award.
You're a grub Gaz. If you had any sense of morality you'd be hanging your head in shame.

T-Boon

Coach
I guess there is a chance Hayne wants to play Rugby next season for Fiji in the world cup. He possibly thinks people still care about the Rugby world cup but apart from NZers nobody cares.

T-Boon

Coach
He's too inconsistent for fullback.
His best position is on the wing. He's big, he's strong & he's still quick.

He is very consistent for fullback - especially inside opposition half, where Parra needs all the help it can get. He just shouldn't be doing the thankless task of kick return from fullback.

The solution is to have him on the wing in D and at the 1 in A. Think of him as Lionel Messi, don't waste his limited energy on anything thankless.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I guess there is a chance Hayne wants to play Rugby next season for Fiji in the world cup. He possibly thinks people still care about the Rugby world cup but apart from NZers nobody cares.

well that's rubbish, people in Australia do care, along with Fiji, Tonga, Wales, England, France, Ireland.............I could go on

is it about whether they care ? or whether Hayne wants to play in a RWC ?

thats rhetorical btw

Legion

Juniors
The solution is to have him on the wing in D and at the 1 in A. Think of him as Lionel Messi, don't waste his limited energy on anything thankless.

Theoretically I can see where you're coming from. Take the responsibility of the position of his shoulders in D & let him do his thing in A. But isn't that a bit like eating the muffin top & leaving the dregs for others?
(Seinfeld fans will get it, lol)

What #1 would be happy to take on all the responsibility in D but give up the opportunity's in A?
Couldn't he do the same from the wing? Stay in position in D & have a roving role in A. It worked well for him against the Saints.

The wing position suits his temperament. He's an excellent cover defender (when the mood strikes) He can help the forwards by making runs out of their 25 (when he's in the mood) like so many other wingers. And inject himself in attack by backing up ball runners.
By accepting the wing position (And a wingers pay check) it would extend his playing career.

But as you said, he could possibly want to play rugby for Fiji (Would they want him? He wasn't much help to them in the RL World Cup) so who knows?
(It's an incredibly selfish thing to do. Sam Burgess, one of the best league forwards in the game, pushed aside other rugby forwards chance to play in a WC. Rugby forwards who put in week in week out, only for a RL player, who has no allegiance to rugby what-so-ever, to waltz in & take their chance for a spot. And we see how that worked out for England & for Sam)
At this stage in his playing career, running off to chase yet another dream would be the end of Haynes RL career in Aus. I'd be surprised if Parra would want him back.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Digging up posts where I was sharing a personal experience (an extremely painful one at that) on a thread where a member is having similar issues, in the hope that it may help others?

Congratulations, you win the Lower Than a Snakes Belly Award.
You're a grub Gaz. If you had any sense of morality you'd be hanging your head in shame.
Don't get so defensive!

At least I got you to stop talking about Hayne.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Arfurz said:
"He tried to get back early to get back on the park for his teammates that's how much it meant to him to help out," Arthur said.

"Everyone keeps saying he's playing well now because it's contract time, but that's got nothing to do with it. He was injured. Simple as that. He's played since the Cowboys game, which is eight games ago, and he's been consistently in our best players each week.

T-Boon

Coach
Theoretically I can see where you're coming from. Take the responsibility of the position of his shoulders in D & let him do his thing in A. But isn't that a bit like eating the muffin top & leaving the dregs for others?
(Seinfeld fans will get it, lol)

What #1 would be happy to take on all the responsibility in D but give up the opportunity's in A?
Couldn't he do the same from the wing? Stay in position in D & have a roving role in A. It worked well for him against the Saints.

All I am saying is don't waste him on kick return, there hasn't been a kick return line break in 10 years. You have to waste a lot of energy for nothing. So have him on the wing in D.
The reason he is wasted when on the wing the rest of the time is he has to be stuck out there when we are inside the red zone and that is the height of stupidity. I want him touching the ball every tackle in the red zone.

T-Boon

Coach
In my opinion the type of roving you want Hayne doing inside the red zone (or 30/40metres) is passing/running most tackles but roving out to be on the end of kicks (he is our best kick chaser and attacking catcher) some of the rest of the time.

Not stuck out on the wing most of the time and roving in randomly very occasionally.

forward pass

Coach
Paul Kent on 360 last night is shaking his head at why Parra would resign Hayne. What a dick seriously.

He made the comment - where was this form at the start of the year ? He was out injured for 10 or so weeks you complete dickhead.!

Latest posts