What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Dogs

hazzbeen

Bench
To be honest the tigers gifted us that game.They dropped so much ball.The dogs will be tough but I liked Mary’s bold play putting field on and taking a front rower off.The way the back end of the season going don’t be surprised if all the bottom teams keep winning it’s that time of competition.I saw on Channel nine our reserve grade team and the fullback is it Herbert he looks good.Why hasn’t Mary blooded more of these young guns yet?
Because its Mary we are talking about ....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
To be honest the tigers gifted us that game.They dropped so much ball.The dogs will be tough but I liked Mary’s bold play putting field on and taking a front rower off.The way the back end of the season going don’t be surprised if all the bottom teams keep winning it’s that time of competition.I saw on Channel nine our reserve grade team and the fullback is it Herbert he looks good.Why hasn’t Mary blooded more of these young guns yet?

You answered your own question ....................

Dragonslayer

First Grade
An interesting point about next weeks game.

And I'm not saying this will happen, but:

ISP play their final round next weekend.

Bulldogs sit in 4th on that ladder, a loss may drop them into sudden death finals, a win guarantees them top 4, even as high as top 2. We play Mounties where a win for them would leap frog the Bulldogs and even us.

With both the 1st grade Bulldogs and 1st grade Raiders out of premiership contention, would they stack their reserve grade side to ensure their finals position, and maybe give a few fringe players from their teams a run in 1st grade?

possm

Coach
I'd like to see Macdonald return to his preferred position - left wing and Lomax promoted to the right wing position or even fullback position.

The inclusion of Frizell in the prop rotation and Leilua/Host on the left edge is the right move going forward. Once Vaughan returns, it should be Latimore who drops back to ISP.

Robson should be our 17, he can play hooker and backrow positions.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
I'd like to see Macdonald return to his preferred position - left wing and Lomax promoted to the right wing position or even fullback position.

The inclusion of Frizell in the prop rotation and Leilua/Host on the left edge is the right move going forward. Once Vaughan returns, it should be Latimore who drops back to ISP.

i reckon Vaughan will be back this week.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Hunt to have a blinder in this one. Feel it.

Strangely, I like the fact that he dropped the ball on Saturday night!. I hope that marks the bottom for him and mentally he can now forget the grand final and he can just play whats in front of him.

Also, with Mann playing 5/8, he can now run the team around whilst Widdop is out.

I'm expecting a return to form this week. He showed glimpses of it on Saturday - expect a big game from him,.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Strangely, I like the fact that he dropped the ball on Saturday night!. I hope that marks the bottom for him and mentally he can now forget the grand final and he can just play whats in front of him.

Also, with Mann playing 5/8, he can now run the team around whilst Widdop is out.

I'm expecting a return to form this week. He showed glimpses of it on Saturday - expect a big game from him,.
Like the old, restore factory settings re-set. Hope you're right, we need him to fire. I think a game at Kogarah with full support might help him alot also.
It really has the potential to be a turning point game for him.

BLM01

First Grade
im starting to get the impression that maybe he’s regretting the move south hope it’s not the case just the vibe I’m picking up but

No WCD.. media beat up and high scutiny on his 950K season salary which every media outlet was shock horrered when we signed him for that much based on his history in that GF and the fact he was largely a bench player a few years ago and hooker. So much so they went on the front foot saying it was $6 million over 5 years, which was false as the $6million rough figure included if he took up his 6th year option. Millward's words in affect not mine.
Fast forward to 2018 and They lauded him as the buy of the year when we started well but now......
For me the kid has always been a CONFIDENCE player and he is just down on it in spades ATM.
I am not sure he has been helped by the coaching staff and who have been a bit rudderless and partly to blame in directing him out of it.

Why dont they focus on Milford's year more..Nikorima of late has saved them more than him
or even JT. and Cowboys....but no we cant. The media shut down on the JT talk as his form is way down on expectation due to age, retiring etc but heaven forbid since Brandy rightfully questioned did he play a year too long...we are not allowed to say a bad word of a future immortal and Channel 9 employee anymore. JT was one of... if not the best No. 7 I have seen, but not this year.

possm

Coach

The problem is that neither Hunt nor Mann have run the team, it's been Widdop. Unless Hunt starts delivering on the huge investment made by the Dragons, he will become one big mistake. Just look at the other 1m dollar players and decide how he stacks up. I can't help feeling there is something going on behind the scenes, a clash with the coach, or senior player or maybe an approach from the Broncos or even the thought of Bennett returning. Something more than the fatigue of our forwards is getting to him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Won't happen i'm afraid Possm.
Lomax needs to play ISP this week to qualify him for that comps finals football.
I'm confident he will take one of the centres spot next year. From what i've seen he's a right centre and we all know who currently is our right centre.
I'm also pretty certain Nighty will be in the 17 this week.......last ever game at Kogarah etc

BLM01

First Grade
Anyway back on track. Tough game as always against a fired up Dogs side, for what I have been told we need to be better than last week to secure a win even at Kogarah. Hoping they do it for Nighty..but emotion alone wont seal it. Dogs can leak points, but are now starting to score em. Tough watching on TV next Sunday arvo..with Gus saying the Dragons looking nervous or the Dogs are coming to get them.. or something similar :rolleyes:

No WCD.. media beat up and high scutiny on his 950K season salary which every media outlet was shock horrered when we signed him for that much based on his history in that GF and the fact he was largely a bench player a few years ago and hooker. So much so they went on the front foot saying it was $6 million over 5 years, which was false as the $6million rough figure included if he took up his 6th year option. Millward's words in affect not mine.
Fast forward to 2018 and They lauded him as the buy of the year when we started well but now......
For me the kid has always been a CONFIDENCE player and he is just down on it in spades ATM.
I am not sure he has been helped by the coaching staff and who have been a bit rudderless and partly to blame in directing him out of it.

Why dont they focus on Milford's year more..Nikorima of late has saved them more than him
or even JT. and Cowboys....but no we cant. The media shut down on the JT talk as his form is way down on expectation due to age, retiring etc but heaven forbid since Brandy rightfully questioned did he play a year too long...we are not allowed to say a bad word of a future immortal and Channel 9 employee anymore. JT was one of... if not the best No. 7 I have seen, but not this year.
yeah im just trying to put my finger on it like everyone else it seems like an exorbitant amount of time to be "DOWN"

BLM01

First Grade
yeah im just trying to put my finger on it like everyone else it seems like an exorbitant amount of time to be "DOWN"
Yeh it has. coaching staff and player need to address it together and not let it drag on. But that is the type of player Ben is and always has been, he aint a leader nor Cronk or JT and never will be. He is a damaging hole runner and taking the line on his own, and playing well can be a good little.kicker
He just needs to play to his strengths more and take it on himself, but he is missing tackles etc and his confidence is shattered. Until that changes or we bring the psychologists he wont largely improve this year. We brought Hunt based on the player he can be, not the player he sometimes is...which is always a risk but good coaching management and strategies work out how to get the best out of him.

Yeh it has. coaching staff and player need to address it together and not let it drag on. But that is the type of player Ben is and always has been, he aint a leader nor Cronk or JT and never will be. He is a damaging hole runner and taking the line on his own, and playing well can be a good little.kicker
He just needs to play to his strengths more and take it on himself, but he is missing tackles etc and his confidence is shattered. Until that changes or we bring the psychologists he wont largely improve this year. We brought Hunt based on the player he can be, not the player he sometimes is...which is always a risk but good coaching management and strategies work out how to get the best out of him.
definitely needs to run the ball more i sensed when he laughed at dropping the ball from kick off on saturday that he might have finally bottomed out so onwards and upwards from here lol

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree,
The other halves who should be under scrutiny also are Cleary, DCE & Johnson. None of these have been setting the field alight but for some reason Hunt is the main in the headlights.