What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Queensland Crushers

Diesel

Referee
Since this post has reappeared in the last week there's a guy in his 50's at my local train station wearing an old school Crushers jacket.

The Crushers leagues club at the Grange had cheap food and drinks, not sure if it's still cheap when Brothers took over but good memories of the club

jono

Juniors
Don't know if anyone mentioned before, my all time favourite Crusher moment- Mario's Falcon against my eels

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Since this post has reappeared in the last week there's a guy in his 50's at my local train station wearing an old school Crushers jacket.

The Crushers leagues club at the Grange had cheap food and drinks, not sure if it's still cheap when Brothers took over but good memories of the club

the all you can eat buffet there is the WORST in AUSTRALIA!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
awww they didnt even have a fancy 7's jersey... :(

Actually come to think of it, someone else might remember the 1997 ARL sevens.

If I recall the Crushers wore a jersey which was completely different to their normal colours, I remember it was a mostly maroon jersey with a tinge of silver. I could be wrong, but I swear that they wore something like that

I remember they played Parramatta, who also wore a different jersey to their normal one, white jumper with a blue and gold V.

Unfortunately I cant find any footage and I used to have this on tape but someone taped over it. :(

kdalymc

Bench
Actually come to think of it, someone else might remember the 1997 ARL sevens.

If I recall the Crushers wore a jersey which was completely different to their normal colours, I remember it was a mostly maroon jersey with a tinge of silver. I could be wrong, but I swear that they wore something like that

I remember they played Parramatta, who also wore a different jersey to their normal one, white jumper with a blue and gold V.

Unfortunately I cant find any footage and I used to have this on tape but someone taped over it. :(

$8.50 in 10c coins if anyone can provide picture evidence

kdalymc

Bench
No pics of that jersey?
You may be mistaken, or not, but here’s a pic from 1994, wtf, did they have a go in the q cup or something? May even be the blue jersey too
B2C5256C-BF5F-429D-B410-4F6AEBE1B927.png

steeden.

Juniors
No pics of that jersey?
You may be mistaken, or not, but here’s a pic from 1994, wtf, did they have a go in the q cup or something? May even be the blue jersey too
View attachment 22670
I own one of the Crushers away jerseys! Will get some pictures tonight.

Both the Broncs and Crushers fielded teams in the old Winfield State League before it became the Queensland Cup in 1996, which would be where that photo came from. There’s a video somewhere of Brisbane playing (I think) Redcliffe in such a game