What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Queensland Crushers

Rufio

Juniors
Are the other threads still on here somewhere? Read the Mariners, Rams, Gold Coast and Reds ones, was interested in reading the Bears one if it ever got posted, my first Aussie jersey was a Bears one.

yobbo84

First Grade
I remember watching Souths v Crushers at Redfern Oval in 1996 in front of a healthy crowd of around 3,000. I got shat on by a pigeon and my seat was broken but we won 48-16 and I remember being super excited as a 12 year old that we almost scored 50 points! Good times.

bazza

Referee
I was just thinking of the Crushers and was wondering how the team could have looked in say 1999 if they weren't kicked out of the competition and had planned things a bit better.

South Queensland Crushers 1999

1. Clinton Schifkofske
2. Michael Eager
3. Chris McKenna
4. Aaron Moule
5. Mat Toshack
6. Travis Norton
7. Troy Pezet/Kevin Carmichael
8. Clinton O'Brien
9. Phillip Lee
10. Danny Nutley
11. Matt Bickerstaff
12. Scott Sattler
13. Nigel Gaffey

14. David Myles
15. Mark Tookey
16. Nathan Sologinkin
17. Steele Retchless

If you overlook the lack of a decent halfback i think that team is pretty decent you add a good Half back and maybe a winger and i think they could have been a possible top 8 team.

Bottom 4 contender. Would just depend on how crap the other bottom teams were

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
What does your Namibian friend think of the crushers?

The Namibian Friend would have a soft spot fior them being the underdog with a train logo.
And they shared Namibian colours.

He would not barrack for them because they aint union or local to St Ives but would almost certainly be his second team.

mongoose

Coach
I remember watching Souths v Crushers at Redfern Oval in 1996 in front of a healthy crowd of around 3,000. I got shat on by a pigeon and my seat was broken but we won 48-16 and I remember being super excited as a 12 year old that we almost scored 50 points! Good times.

was there any team that didnt beat the crushers by 50?, maybe the cowboys and chargers

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
I think he would have as well as they did have Garrick Morgan play for them, thus the Union connection would've been made.

I wonder if any NRL team has thought about embarking on submitting teams into both codes.

EG. Have wests tigers play in the NRL and shute shield.

Could even go a step further and have players interchange through the cross code portal, strengthening ties with the 15 man game.

kdalymc

Bench
Could some one confirm/deny Sth Qld had or wore an alternate jersey, a blue version with gold stripes.???
I got $3.50 in 5c pieces to give away

steggz

Juniors
Could some one confirm/deny Sth Qld had or wore an alternate jersey, a blue version with gold stripes.???
I got $3.50 in 5c pieces to give away

Can confirm
SSH_13-11-2014_SHARED_23_12crushers%20TIP_fct1024x768x202.0_t620.jpg

Gilmeister retired at the end of the 1996 season.

Crushers played Canberra that day.

Maybe a clash necessitated the alt colour scheme.

Am probably grasping at straws though.

Latest posts