What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the St. George-Illawarra Dragons chokers?

taxidriver

Coach
The Dragons are finished. Humiliated today by Canterbury-Bankstown, the former competition leaders are dropping to 5th or 6th. They have little chance of making the Grand Final, let alone winning it. The Broncos or Warriors will thrash them in the finals. It is clear that the Dragons are chokers.

Is it because the team has recently been without star playmaker Gareth Widdop?

Or is it because they have as coach a man named Mary?

you're a f**king smart arse troll who thinks he is funny, but the reality is very different.

Bit like Mcgregor who thinks he can coach.

you don't deserve a response but in case anyone else is interested, my take is

The culture has gone to shit

I've repeated this half a dozen times, we were a club that demanded success, we are now a club that accepts mediocrity

starts at the top

while McGregor absolutely must go, its those that are behind his appointment, Prices's appointment, the appointments to the board, the firings of anyone from the outside that challenged the status quo that are to blame

the place reeks of nepotism and self serving greed

I'm skeptical of the recent "changes" as its the same old boys brigade in different roles

the one time we allowed in an outsider and handed over control, we won the comp within two seasons, we had every piece of of silverware available sitting at the club

what did we do?

learn nothing and revert to type

old boy reporting to old boy reporting to old boy, accountable to noone

massive clean out required for the culture to change

hopefully the new ownership is step 1 but as i said, I'm skeptical

carcharias

Immortal
you're a f**king smart arse troll who thinks he is funny, but the reality is very different.

Bit like Mcgregor who thinks he can coach.

you don't deserve a response but in case anyone else is interested, my take is

The culture has gone to shit

I've repeated this half a dozen times, we were a club that demanded success, we are now a club that accepts mediocrity

starts at the top

while McGregor absolutely must go, its those that are behind his appointment, Prices's appointment, the appointments to the board, the firings of anyone from the outside that challenged the status quo that are to blame

the place reeks of nepotism and self serving greed

I'm skeptical of the recent "changes" as its the same old boys brigade in different roles

the one time we allowed in an outsider and handed over control, we won the comp within two seasons, we had every piece of of silverware available sitting at the club

what did we do?

learn nothing and revert to type

old boy reporting to old boy reporting to old boy, accountable to noone

massive clean out required for the culture to change

hopefully the new ownership is step 1 but as i said, I'm skeptical

Didn’t Bennett leave the joint in a complete mess though?

Sphagnum

Coach
Did anyone consider that maybe the dragons struggled last weekend because the lance Thompson passing wouldve hit some of the boys pretty hard?

I'm sure the coach and some of the senior players wouldve had a close relationship with big red.

taxidriver

Coach
Did anyone consider that maybe the dragons struggled last weekend because the lance Thompson passing wouldve hit some of the boys pretty hard?

I'm sure the coach and some of the senior players wouldve had a close relationship with big red.

and the other 6 losses in recent weeks?

taxidriver

Coach
Didn’t Bennett leave the joint in a complete mess though?

not as bad as some would have you believe and nothing a competent management structure couldnt deal with

certainly nothing that should take this long to resolve

2010 was the last time the club won a game of finals footy

we are limping into the finals for only the second time in six years

we haven't finished top four since 2010

we've only been held to nil three times in history at Jubilee, all three times under this administration

cumulative score of 78 to 4 against, in two recent outings against sides in contention for the spoon

i could go on and on

this isn't Bennett's legacy

carcharias

Immortal
not as bad as some would have you believe and nothing a competent management structure couldnt deal with

certainly nothing that should take this long to resolve

2010 was the last time the club won a game of finals footy

we are limping into the finals for only the second time in six years

we haven't finished top four since 2010

we've only been held to nil three times in history at Jubilee, all three times under this administration

cumulative score of 78 to 4 against, in two recent outings against sides in contention for the spoon

i could go on and on

this isn't Bennett's legacy

But isn’t it the same dudes in charge who hired Bennett anyway?

carcharias

Immortal

Didn’t stop the sharks from winning.

Life's Good

Coach

There's not a single player who would have played with Thommo in the side that ran out last week. As mentioned by another Dragons poster, culture in the club is rubbish because there is no accountability for poor performance and that starts at the top. FFS, the coach was kept on despite being done for DUI in the middle of an absolute sh*t season in 2016.

carcharias

Immortal
that's one of my points

the one time they went away from type, look at what happened.

like those people that win the lottery and two years later are back on hand outs

So without them you would probably not have got Bennett and his pet players and a title.

I used to say to my Dragons mates.

If the Sharks ever win a comp and you see me whinging about the team for not winning another one - punch me in the face.

taxidriver

Coach
So without them you would probably not have got Bennett and his pet players and a title.

I used to say to my Dragons mates.

If the Sharks ever win a comp and you see me whinging about the team for not winning another one - punch me in the face.

reeks of this

we were a club that demanded success, we are now a club that accepts mediocrity

Hutty1986

Immortal
Ha
Wrong
It reeks of me calling Dragons fans a pack f**king whingers
You sad f**ks have given up already.
So what evidence is there that we'll win another game this year? Every single other set of fans would be giving up at this point, and rightfully so

This Year?

Immortal
They have their heads so far up their own arses at the end of June that they truly believe their shit doesn't stink. Then when they start to get the runs and media starts to cover their noses Mary says "it's just diarrhoea". "It will be OK after a week" It doesn't go away after a few weeks then it's Mary says "They don't shit themselves, it's my shit that you can smell".

After last Sunday the fans call them out on their shit Mary looks like he's up to his neck in shit.

This mob are not chokers, they are just shit who wished they could choke because all they can smell now is shit

f**king merkins.

carcharias

Immortal
They have their heads so far up their own arses at the end of June that they truly believe their shit doesn't stink. Then when they start to get the runs and media starts to cover their noses Mary says "it's just diarrhoea". "It will be OK after a week" It doesn't go away after a few weeks then it's Mary says "They don't shit themselves, it's my shit that you can smell".

After last Sunday the fans call them out on their shit Mary looks like he's up to his neck in shit.

This mob are not chokers, they are just shit who wished they could choke because all they can smell now is shit

f**king merkins.

Those fans booing came across as complete merkins.
Lance Thompson’s family were standing in the tunnel as those fat merkins yelled abuse at the players.

AJB1102

First Grade

f**king merkins.

Sounds a bit shitty

This Year?

Immortal
Those fans booing came across as complete merkins.
Lance Thompson’s family were standing in the tunnel as those fat merkins yelled abuse at the players.
I would have been one of them if I was there. I feel so sorry for those poor girls that had to witness it but the reason why it happened is because of the disrespect shown to their father by that absolutely heartless and soft performance.

The fans cared more than the players. Speaks volumes doesn't it.