What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the St. George-Illawarra Dragons chokers?

Rabbits20

Immortal
They knew they were shit and did nothing to change it. They gave up on all days that they shouldn't have given up, I don't think it has helped but IMO it was completely justified and were probably lucky it wasn't worse.. I think there will be quite a fallout from this in weeks to come.

**Edit**
How would you have felt if it was your team that did what the dragons did on Sunday?
I’m all for a boo and that but it went too far.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If the Dragons play with that kind of fire and intensity against Souffs, you've gotta say that they're every chance of causing Sam Burgess to knock on 72637 times
We will be pressuring De Belin and hammering him into submission and taunting Hunt as well somit goes both ways matey...

hardbaby

Coach
We will be pressuring De Belin and hammering him into submission and taunting Hunt as well somit goes both ways matey...
No doubt about it. The Rabbits pack is fit. The Dragons are busted. But I think the game plan will be pretty clear. They win or lose on the Burgess trio and those boys are capable of absolute rubbish.

Rabbits20

Immortal
No doubt about it. The Rabbits pack is fit. The Dragons are busted. But I think the game plan will be pretty clear. They win or lose on the Burgess trio and those boys are capable of absolute rubbish.
Oh for sure I know Sims will be baiting Sam.

This Year?

Immortal
I’m all for a boo and that but it went too far.
Maybe so, but if they didn't do it and nothing gets said in the media, then the players don't react to it like they did in yesterday's game, It was an emotional day for the club and moreso the fans. Every club has passionate fans and every club has the extremely passionate element too.

Enjoy the build up this week and win or lose I hope you can enjoy this great occasion as much as I will.

Travitoh

First Grade
It would highly amuse me should St George-Illawarra win this week and go on to knock Easts out the following week!

It would highly amuse me should St George-Illawarra win this week and go on to knock Easts out the following week!

It is not going to happen. St George-Illawarra have lost their play maker -- the esteemed Englishman Gareth Widdop -- for the season. They will be humbled as they choke against South Sydney Rabbitohs -- a team which will have all three of its English stars fit and raring to go.

Travitoh

First Grade
It is not going to happen. St George-Illawarra have lost their play maker, the esteemed Englishman Gareth Widdop, for the season. They will be humbled as they choke against South Sydney Rabbitohs -- a team which will have all its English stars fit and raring to go.

You raise a very good point.
The English juggernaut that is the South Sydney forward will then proceed to steamroll a Roosters outfit that has zero English influence amongst it's squad.

Corner_Post

Juniors
Talking about choking... Roosters leading the Dragons 8-6 in a grand final at half time. Can someone please tell me which team choked?

Talking about choking... Roosters leading the Dragons 8-6 in a grand final at half time. Can someone please tell me which team choked?

That was then, this is now.

St George-Illawarra have lost their marquee English play maker, Gareth Widdop. They will inevitably choke against South Sydney, led by three English Burgess brothers, plus Damien Cook and Greg Inglis.

Sydney Roosters are not chokers. With Latrell Mitchell, James Tedesco and Cooper Cronk all on board they are winners.

BennyV

Referee
images

Bow down to your overlord, peasants, and beg for his mercy. And if ye Souffs are lucky, your destruction may be swift and painless.

dragons21

First Grade
I love when the choker tag gets thrown at the Dragons. We have simply been shit for the last 7 years, with a shit coach and very average roster.

This year, much better roster, shit house coach.

Now, these "Mighty Roosters" - arguably always have the best rosters, a premier coach....and whats this? They have now lost the last 3 Preliminary finals they have played in? Did they not start as favourites in all 3 games?

If that is not enough, they have conceded an average of 31 points in their last 3 Prelim finals they choked in....