What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blow up in dressing rooms

dragonfire

Bench
And yet more examples of:
1. Players not being prepared for key games especially last Sunday Bloody Sunday event
2. James Graham been at the club 5 minutes yet has Captain written all over him - make it official.
3. New recruits who either don’t know or care about Club history when it counts / they have no idea with attention span of a gold fish.

I appreciate your thoughts. But where is the competitive drive and determination, I don’t want to see sore losers but I don’t like not seeing anything. We need winners, guys holding themselves accountable and putting it all out there.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Herbert is in the 21 this week, and whilst it weakens the ISP's qualifying final team it would send a serious message to that smug little so-and-so.
Drop him and play Herbert would send the right message of ship up or ship out.

Yeah make Jimmy Capt Coach WTF - anything to get them fired up.
Perhaps that's the de facto state of play anyway?
I'm thinking the dressing room was lost a long time ago

I cannot believe the commentariat have not suggested Mc FFS's sacking!
Perhaps I've missed something?
What's he offering Kent & Co? Free paint jobs - or another kind?
A media suck up that's weirder by the day

The points drought begins and ends with slow centres failing to create enough line breaks or backup.
Scoring points & scoring early builds confidence - and that's the issue IMO

As for Dufty, one can only say that Cook, Bird, & Hastings reportedly had attitude & were moved on, so the Club has low tolerance for dickhead behaviour. I like his Xfactor potential & his running style reminds me of Munster
But
I'd stick him on the wing & put Herbert at FB this week - especially if he was disrespecting JG
Widdop should return at fullback if changes in the backline work this week

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think the last player who did this was Joel Thompson. It was last year, same venue. We were playing against Newcastle and the team were putting in a woeful effort. And just like last Sunday at Kogarah, the crowd booed the team off at half time.

The major difference was that this blow up from Thompson (apparently) lifted the team, and we saw a reversal of fortunes in the second half. Down 28-10 at half time, Saints scored 22 unanswered points in the second half to win 32-28. It was one of the great comebacks at Kogarah.

Perhaps Jimmy Graham should have got stuck in at half time. We'll never know if he did or not. But would it have made any difference? Quite frankly, what I saw in the first half last Sunday was worse than what I saw in 2017.

What we do know is that Joel Thompson, a player with so much passion and will-to-win, was not rewarded with a captaincy. Instead, he was shown the door and ended up at Manly.
Thompson didn't deserve to be our captain. He doesn't even deserve to be in our starting team this year. Sims and Lucky are both better than Thompson.

Old Timer

Coach
Thompson didn't deserve to be our captain. He doesn't even deserve to be in our starting team this year. Sims and Lucky are both better than Thompson.
Luc has yet to get to Thompson’s ability or toughness and is still a marshmallow in defence
Many wanting to be wax lyrical about big Luc on the back of a couple of good games.
Yes he is improving but his best has been more cameos of what good attacking skills he has rather than 80 minutes of consistent footy in both attack & defence.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The link I clicked didnt work - copy/pasting article below if others have same issue.

Whether its true or not, elements of truth etc... who knows.

The Dragons have been plunged further into crisis mode with reports of a dressing room blow-up after last weekend’s thrashing by lowly Canterbury.

Wide World of Sports has been told there was an angry confrontation between senior player James Graham and young gun Matt Dufty as the players came to terms with the shock 38-0 loss to the Bulldogs.

The loss was the Dragons’ fourth in their last five games and Graham - a gritty British battler - was fuming at how Dufty and several other young players didn’t seem to take the gravity of the situation seriously enough.

"A few of the young guys were sitting around, looking at their phones and grinning after the game and it didn’t sit well with James," a Dragons insider told Wide World of Sports.

"It didn’t get physical or anything like that … but there were some angry words said and the atmosphere was very tense
Lowly Canterbury.......I like that

Frank Facer

First Grade
Luc has yet to get to Thompson’s ability or toughness and is still a marshmallow in defence
Many wanting to be wax lyrical about big Luc on the back of a couple of good games.
Yes he is improving but his best has been more cameos of what good attacking skills he has rather than 80 minutes of consistent footy in both attack & defence.
I would take Lucky over Thompson right now.