What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blow up in dressing rooms

dannyt

Coach
Luc has yet to get to Thompson’s ability or toughness and is still a marshmallow in defence
Many wanting to be wax lyrical about big Luc on the back of a couple of good games.
Yes he is improving but his best has been more cameos of what good attacking skills he has rather than 80 minutes of consistent footy in both attack & defence.
Again, McFooknuckle as you prefer, strikes again.

Luc's got ability, no doubt about, but he is still developing.

More quality time in FG during the year would've helped, rather than thrown in the deep end at the end of the year due to desperation and injury.

Same with the backs.

Again, mary's mismanagement of the squad is obvious and culpable.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah mate, got that later.
Ah yes... I now see muzby covered it. Imagine a world without laughter. I think it would look like this...

Main-15.jpg

H
Luc has yet to get to Thompson’s ability or toughness and is still a marshmallow in defence
Many wanting to be wax lyrical about big Luc on the back of a couple of good games.
Yes he is improving but his best has been more cameos of what good attacking skills he has rather than 80 minutes of consistent footy in both attack & defence.
He needs to get serious and get fit too every time I saw him walking back into the line on the weekend against the dogs he was blown up with his Hands on his hips luc that is

Last edited:

Wittenberg

Juniors
Mary is a media darling. There will be no calls for his sacking, no suggestions of a Gould type move, only incredulity that anyone should criticise a coach who got the team further than it should. Mary will go nowhere and there will again be promises of 'NEXT YEAR...'
There is obviously deep divisions amongst the team and it is probably easy to blame the younger players, but whoever the divisions are between the buck stops with the coach, the leader in the sheds. A friend of mine's son is a sports journalist and LAM will not be our only loss to the Warriors. Herbert could well be lost and Dufty's current attitude is driven by a lack of confidence, a lack of support from team mates and approaches from other clubs.....the usual suspects. Ironically he may end up in the blue and white in a year or so. According to my friend's son, our worry should not be this week's game, or the semis, it goes much deeper than that. He feels the team will need to be rebuilt because it is falling apart. The players that took us to the lead earlier in the year are the same, but the attitude and unity is gone.

possm

Coach
Mary is a media darling. There will be no calls for his sacking, no suggestions of a Gould type move, only incredulity that anyone should criticise a coach who got the team further than it should. Mary will go nowhere and there will again be promises of 'NEXT YEAR...'
There is obviously deep divisions amongst the team and it is probably easy to blame the younger players, but whoever the divisions are between the buck stops with the coach, the leader in the sheds. A friend of mine's son is a sports journalist and LAM will not be our only loss to the Warriors. Herbert could well be lost and Dufty's current attitude is driven by a lack of confidence, a lack of support from team mates and approaches from other clubs.....the usual suspects. Ironically he may end up in the blue and white in a year or so. According to my friend's son, our worry should not be this week's game, or the semis, it goes much deeper than that. He feels the team will need to be rebuilt because it is falling apart. The players that took us to the lead earlier in the year are the same, but the attitude and unity is gone.
So it is up to Johnstone to recognise the problem and convince the Board to get reid of him; that's what he's getting the big bucks for!

Bench
I see 2019 being different to the past four years. There is no way we will the start like this year.
If there is division within the roster then I don’t know what is needed to rectify that.
We need a new coach to come from outside the club who will need to make some hard decisions regarding the roster. I feel that the conflict could be between our forwards and our backs.

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Yeah make Jimmy Capt Coach WTF - anything to get them fired up.
Perhaps that's the de facto state of play anyway?
I'm thinking the dressing room was lost a long time ago

I cannot believe the commentariat have not suggested Mc FFS's sacking!
Perhaps I've missed something?
What's he offering Kent & Co? Free paint jobs - or another kind?
A media suck up that's weirder by the day

The points drought begins and ends with slow centres failing to create enough line breaks or backup.
Scoring points & scoring early builds confidence - and that's the issue IMO

As for Dufty, one can only say that Cook, Bird, & Hastings reportedly had attitude & were moved on, so the Club has low tolerance for dickhead behaviour. I like his Xfactor potential & his running style reminds me of Munster
But
I'd stick him on the wing & put Herbert at FB this week - especially if he was disrespecting JG
Widdop should return at fullback if changes in the backline work this week
Sad to watch saints atm hopeless without Widdup no go foreward , forewards havnt fired since s.o.origin Duffy very predictable lacking confidence big time.sometimes i think other teams dont even try to do too much early in season to avoid injuries then start playing when it counts ,lost a few multis this year ,thanks saints...

SEAT 1A

Bench
What goes on in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room as it's the players domain.

What's the culture of the club if a player that has just arrived to the club feels the need to rip in on the playing standards.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The only way the management will change anything is if there's a mass boycott by the fans......it's up to us to show them when enough is enough.

possm

Coach
The only way the management will change anything is if there's a mass boycott by the fans......it's up to us to show them when enough is enough.
Or is it the first grade squad saying that they don't have confidence in the coaching staff. I'd say by their performance last game, they have already said this.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
Or if the first grade squad say that they don't have confidence in the coaching staff. I'd say by their performance last game, they have already said this.
Other clubs sack coaches because players say no more thanks, it happened to Griffin at Penrith, it happened to Neil Henry the titans ex coach, most likely Jason Taylor at the Tigers, even the Dogs sacked Des Hasler!

While we put up with this.

ouryears

Bench
What goes on in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room as it's the players domain.

What's the culture of the club if a player that has just arrived to the club feels the need to rip in on the playing standards.
I would say Jimmy Graham is amazed by the lack of fight, lack of character and the lack of internal fortitude within our club.

j0nesy

Bench

IF that’s true, and all the other stories are true then would we really want Duffy at the club?

The thing is that it’s all heresy every bit of it. “My mates friend who is a journalist thinks...”, “Apparently someone saw Graham berate Duffy in the dressing room...”, and Dufty was reported to have posted something on social media, yet nobody saw it.

What I can’t believe is how quickly some of you have turned on Duffy. You loved him last year and a lot of this year. He’s just out of form, get behind the kid and give him your full support.