What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Like I said 100 x had we no injuries and some luck BA keeps job. But we have seen how BA performed when things didnt go his way. Wasn't able to improve them. In other words he would be fine if everything goes our way. And chances are in 2019 we will have more luck, players in better form and less injuries and BA can coach again.
The good coaches seem to be able to come up with a plan B. In 2009 the first 14 or so games we where diabolical. What DA did with that team to change the style and attitude was magic. People want to say it was all Hayne. Thats bullshit. We began to offload and generate 2nd phase play. Sometimes it takes a bad time to see what a coach is capable of.

Do I have faith in BA. NO but of the other 15 coaches there is only a few I would trust. Even Seibold is fresh. Once other teams work out how too play Souths he will have a harder ride. Lets see if he is the next super coach then. Just the nature of the sport. From EPL to NFL. Sacking a coach is common.
Coming up with a plan B isn't so hard. Making sure that they players execute that plan properly is the difficult bit. Even if that happens it doesn't guarantee that you'll win.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I never said the issues run deep. I dont think they do. Regaurdless who is our coach with squad we can make finals. A good coach may be able to take tbis team all way. It is a good team.
I'm talking about our club, not our team. Its not being a drama queen. Its just stating facts.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if were 4 from 10 in 2019 are you looking for another coach?

I say we wouId be looking for a new coach if that happens, unless we have a massive injury toll or we have lost the first 6 and are on a run (but I doubt he wouId be coach in round 7 if that is the case).

Chipmunk

Coach
I say we wouId be looking for a new coach if that happens, unless we have a massive injury toll or we have lost the first 6 and are on a run (but I doubt he wouId be coach in round 7 if that is the case).

Given we won't be playing any home games for at least the first six weeks I'd say he's finished.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We also had Semi.

Actually Daniel Tupou is someone I would have a look at. With Ryan Hall and Brett Morris going to the Roosters he would appear to be surplus to requirements now.

Ferguson?

Hall did his ACL the other week so doubt roosters will be releasing Tupou. Also while Gennings its yet as good as Tupou, I don’t reckon he is far off either - and probably a lot better value too.

We also have that Fiji winger coming too and the 2 young backs playing NSW cup along with Gl (who BA sort of/may have indicated this week he would have played if he could have)

Chipmunk

Coach
Ferguson?

Hall did his ACL the other week so doubt roosters will be releasing Tupou. Also while Gennings its yet as good as Tupou, I don’t reckon he is far off either - and probably a lot better value too.

We also have that Fiji winger coming too and the 2 young backs playing NSW cup along with Gl (who BA sort of/may have indicated this week he would have played if he could have)

Ferguson cant play on two wings at the same time. Although if French is on the other wing he will be kept busy with heaps of work out of our end.

GJennings is a 22 to 26 player in your roster. If you have to use him here and there it wont be an issue. If circumstances arise where he ends up being awarded your best back, then you're rightly going to win wooden spoons.

I presume the other two will be on $87.5k to $105k deals and will get a run if things turn to shit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
2 players ??
So like us not having gutho or Hayne on the field together for the first 10 weeks or so?

Then us losing our best 2 attacking edge forwards in the first 10 weeks or so?

Anyhow they are just excuses and agree we should have gone a lot better and this year was a f**ken disaster!! But just making the point all coaches have disaster years, just like the Roosters did too!!

And while I am a BA fan, if we don’t improve massively in the first 10 or so weeks next year, his time is over and we are recruiting a new coach!!
Guth was the only player missing when we got 52 points put on us by Manly, we were shit from the get go. As soon as Penrith stopped dropping the ball in round 1 our season was gone. Our style of football in attack and defence and footballing smarts are not first grade standard. Add in shithouse behaviour off the field and the team is an absolute rabble. The coach looked out of idea's in around 4, he knows it and the players know it.

You are happy to burn another season on this bloke??? Unbelievable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At least 50% win rate, which has you on course for the finals
It wouldn't have got you in this year, it didn't get us in 2014. And with our shit boring style of football where we struggle to score points our F/A would again be in the negative.

Gazzamatta

Coach
They said on The ISP telecast yesterday that Sivo was having surgery on a knee (or shoulder). I was not really watching.

Avenger

Immortal
Bernie Gurr is f**king hopeless and has been a dismal failure as
CEO.

He re-introduced our cursed jersey that we received the most spoons ever with and low and
behold it happens again. He also was our football manager and obviously didn’t know what he was doing and made Brad Arthur turn into Paul Langmack.

And Sterling should never ever make a call on a player or administrator again. He is a deadset jinx.

Delboy

First Grade
What concerns me the most is BA continually saying things like, we have the staff and players to turn this around. If he really is that loyal and believes the coaching staff are correct, then perhaps it's time for him to go as that is a nonsense statement that underlines he is resistant to change and is far too loyal and has failed to understand the changes needed.
Spoke to some people last night who did say that this was one of the worst seasons for players coming off contract, and that the intention is to push through the juniors as quickly as possible. Shades of the Riff there.

Kornstar

Coach
Bernie Gurr is f**king hopeless and has been a dismal failure as
CEO.

He re-introduced our cursed jersey that we received the most spoons ever with and low and
behold it happens again. He also was our football manager and obviously didn’t know what he was doing and made Brad Arthur turn into Paul Langmack.

And Sterling should never ever make a call on a player or administrator again. He is a deadset jinx.

I’m not defending Bernie cause i think he has been a disappointment but FMD are you really blaming our choice of jersey on us getting the spoon?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I’m not defending Bernie cause i think he has been a disappointment but FMD are you really blaming our choice of jersey on us getting the spoon?
Well it appears nobody has an answer as to why we were so crap. We also hear that we have the players and staff to turn this around so it cant be anybodys fault. So to my way of thinking it absolutely has to be the jersey (which I actually love being a 1960s fan).

eel01s

Bench
Ok we had injuries and lost a few unloseable games. But what really tells me it is time for a new coach is the lack of basics in our game:

Play the ball speed
Defensive line speed
Ability to number up in defence

When you are the worst in the comp at all three there is definitely a coaching issue. BA has had 5 years and that is long enough.

Gronk

Staff member
Ok we had injuries and lost a few unloseable games. But what really tells me it is time for a new coach is the lack of basics in our game:

Play the ball speed
Defensive line speed
Ability to number up in defence

When you are the worst in the comp at all three there is definitely a coaching issue. BA has had 5 years and that is long enough.
I can’t argue with that. Just don’t go and sign a coach next week for 4 years because you have the shits.

BA’s replacement needs to be the right guy, not just the first unemployed merkin that puts his hand up.

Latest posts