What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok we had injuries and lost a few unloseable games. But what really tells me it is time for a new coach is the lack of basics in our game:

Play the ball speed
Defensive line speed
Ability to number up in defence

When you are the worst in the comp at all three there is definitely a coaching issue. BA has had 5 years and that is long enough.
Some one give that man a cigar, absolutely spot on.

emjaycee

Coach
Ok we had injuries and lost a few unloseable games. But what really tells me it is time for a new coach is the lack of basics in our game:

Play the ball speed
Defensive line speed
Ability to number up in defence

When you are the worst in the comp at all three there is definitely a coaching issue. BA has had 5 years and that is long enough.
Agree these are 3 important issues you have listed.

Do you reckon BA knows these are important or he became a first grade coa3p without understanding these things?

If yes, do you reckon he is coa3ping them to play the ball slowly, come off the line slowly and not mark up in defense?

Avenger

Immortal

Do you reckon BA knows these are important or he became a first grade coa3p without understanding these things?

If yes, do you reckon he is coa3ping them to play the ball slowly, come off the line slowly and not mark up in defense?
I hate seeing this constant excuse. Of cousre, he doesn't. Neither did Paul Langmack or Tommy Raudonikis. He does not know how to manage them anymore. His tactics and communication are no longer working. It is obvious. By his own admission, they are probably sick of hearing the sound of his voice.

It's been a 5 year marriage that has turned into shit. We need a divorce from him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

So this is all on the players???

strider

Post Whore
Bernie Gurr is f**king hopeless and has been a dismal failure as
CEO.

He re-introduced our cursed jersey that we received the most spoons ever with and low and
behold it happens again. He also was our football manager and obviously didn’t know what he was doing and made Brad Arthur turn into Paul Langmack.

And Sterling should never ever make a call on a player or administrator again. He is a deadset jinx.
Jersey bit aside, i must agree that i find Bernie quite disappointing

coming out of the most shit period a club could have had, we signed an experienced ceo who on paper seemed a great choice .... but i feel like we hardly get much strength and direction from him ... dont hear from him much. Arthur and the chairmen seem to be in the news about all sorts of shit more than berni

i expect a board chairman to be a background person and the ceo to be out there being the strong leader .... maybe i dont pay enough attention, but i dont see it happening

Kornstar

Coach
So this is all on the players???

Well it’s a combination isn’t it? He is clearly not coaching them to be shit, but they are. They are clearly not playing well, so whatever he is doing is not working.

So when this happens it is easier to move one person on as opposed to 30......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well it’s a combination isn’t it? He is clearly not coaching them to be shit, but they are. They are clearly not playing well, so whatever he is doing is not working.

So when this happens it is easier to move one person on as opposed to 30......
Exactly. But then you just get into a cycle of moving on coaches and not ever having much success.

I don't care whether they move on BA or not. I'm more interested in what they are going to do to make us a properly run and managed administration that is a positive example to others.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Exactly. But then you just get into a cycle of moving on coaches and not ever having much success.

I don't care whether they move on BA or not. I'm more interested in what they are going to do to make us a properly run and managed administration that is a positive example to others.
The review is going to be very exciting.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, its all on the coach as you keep saying
Where have i said it all the coach???

The club is an absolute shitshow at every level, the CEO is a fraud and the bloke running the show is a Norths man who couldn’t give two shits about the club.

I honestly think this club is beyond saving I really do.

Kornstar

Coach

Yep, we are the best at keeping that cycle going.

I don’t know how it could be done but it seems like they need to clean out anyone who has ever had anything to do with the club and start with a complete clean slate, basically a brand new club.

We finally seemed to get sanity in when Max came in and then Bernie but then the focus became so much about saving money that we get to 2018 and we reduced the resources in key areas and that completely f**ked us!

There are still people at the club that have ties to the previous regimes and they are all hell bent on f**king the club over when the chance arises!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

The club is an absolute shitshow at every level, the CEO is a fraud and the bloke running the show is a Norths man who couldn’t give two shits about the club.

On that basis, do you accept that it is possible that we arsehole the coach, get a new coach in and are still f**king shit?

strider

Post Whore

I just figured one dumb response deserved another

Cos i dont see people sayinv its ALL the players fault either

hineyrulz

Post Whore
On that basis, do you accept that it is possible that we arsehole the coach, get a new coach in and are still f**king shit?
Of course, this is Parra and being shit is what do.

But doing the same thing day after day and failing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Bit like BA and his pathetic tactics week after week and the same dribble at every press conference.

BA is done, finished he was out of ideas in round 4. He has no idea what has happened and how to dig us out of this mess.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Of course, this is Parra and being shit is what do.

But doing the same thing day after day and failing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Bit like BA and his pathetic tactics week after week and the same dribble at every press conference.

BA is done, finished he was out of ideas in round 4. He has no idea what has happened and how to dig us out of this mess.
What is more important to you - getting a new coach or being a properly run club?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What is more important to you - getting a new coach or being a properly run club?
Why can't we have both??? But when the new chairman is already telling us the coach is safe it makes you wonder. Since that statement the team has come out played somehow even worse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Why can't we have both??? But when the new chairman is already telling us the coach is safe it makes you wonder. Since that statement the team has come out played somehow even worse.
We should have both but I specifically asked you which one you think is more important.

I assume you think coach because that is what you seem to post the most about.

Is that a fair assumption?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We should have both but I specifically asked you which one you think is more important.

I assume you think coach because that is what you seem to post the most about.

Is that a fair assumption?
Well I have been critical of the board and CEO all season, we were told all our board problems were over and we now have a professional board. I seriously doubt that, I don't think the coach has gotten all the help he has needed. I don't but honestly no team should look as poor and clueless we do in attack. he has been here for 5 years surely that enough time to stamp what style off football he wants to team to play???? At the end of the day the buck needs to stop with someone and I don't our shine new board are going to fall on their swords. lol whoops I mentioned swords again(giggle)

Latest posts