What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rorters claim another Minor Premiership

Warriors all the way baby. Since Penrith's shenanigans they are the only team I can really stomach lifting the trophy.

Interesting that you mention the cap though, how even has the top 8 been this year. Unprecedented finish to the year.

simmo1

First Grade
Yeah I used to have a soft spot for Penrith however while ol bee sting head is in charge, it's Warriors then daylight for me.

EDIT: Whilst I usually dislike them, I could probably stomach Souffs winning as at least they play an enterprising brand of football.

super_coach

First Grade
For me it’s Warriors or Souths...the rest I hope go crashing out, but I think that might be a pipe dream. If the Chooks are playing in the Grand Final I will not even turn on my tele

macnaz

Staff member
For me it’s Warriors or Souths...the rest I hope go crashing out, but I think that might be a pipe dream. If the Chooks are playing in the Grand Final I will not even turn on my tele
Im the same .. ill only watch it after its over and i know that the Rorters and their 30 billionaires and 63 supporters have have failed to buy a comp again ..

I will be supporting the Sharks even though I hate them as well.

The sharks??? I'd rather see the rorters or storm win the comp.....even Brisbane. My worst case scenario is the piece of human refuse Sharon woods winning a comp.

Of course it will probably happen. You know life isn't fair when needles gallen gets a comp and junior misses out

Would rather Melbourne win it over Easts or Sharks.

Easts are a shitbag club, compounded with Tedesco and his shit eating grin. Sharks have done the daily double by being dopers and cap cheats, and Woods deserves absolutely no success after his efforts.

At least Melbourne were cap cheats trying to keep a team they brought through, rather than buying the players from other clubs.

Tiger05

First Grade
Im the same .. ill only watch it after its over and i know that the Rorters and their 30 billionaires and 63 supporters have have failed to buy a comp again ..

I don't want to see these dogs get anywhere near the grand final. I'll watch it but only because the wife will make me.

Tiger05

First Grade
The sharks??? I'd rather see the rorters or storm win the comp.....even Brisbane. My worst case scenario is the piece of human refuse Sharon woods winning a comp.

Of course it will probably happen. You know life isn't fair when needles gallen gets a comp and junior misses out

The sharks over the Rorters this weekend. I'd rather any team other than the Rorters win the comp.

I'd like to see the Rorters and then the Sharks get knocked out as early as possible.

I'd much prefer Brisbane to win compared to those two teams.

magpie_man

Juniors
Anyone but Easts for mine. Even the Storm or Broncos.
Just on the whole premise of this thread: I think we probably need to take a leaf out of the Panthers' book in the sense of becoming a "development club" if we are going to have any sort of sustained success in this era of TPAs. We simply cannot compete with the likes of Easts, Brisbane or Melbourne in this regard, or even the likes of Souths, Canterbury and Parramatta. What we do have to our advantage is a fertile junior nursery in Campbelltown-Macarthur and Balmain-Ryde-Eastwood with our relationships with Tamworth and Keebra Park High thrown in for good measure. If we can create a stable structure at the top and an academy-like system feeding into it - much like the Panthers have - then when a cashed-up transit lounge like Easts come poaching we'll have an adequate replacement ready to fill his place. It's more of a moneyball approach of a solid squad of 30 rather than a star-studded cadre of 13/17.

axl rose

Bench
Warriors- although their coach spear-tackled our captain and ended our season. They probably don't play enough boring percentages football to win though.

Valheru

Coach
One of the more epic Meltdowns I have seen, especially since this is a bit of a Bradbury MP.

For your lot's sake, I hope your club isn't sooking and moaning and carrying on about this "we develop them" bullshit.

This is professional sport and every professional team should be about winning and using every available resource they have to do so.

Tiger05

First Grade
One of the more epic Meltdowns I have seen, especially since this is a bit of a Bradbury MP.

For your lot's sake, I hope your club isn't sooking and moaning and carrying on about this "we develop them" bullshit.

This is professional sport and every professional team should be about winning and using every available resource they have to do so.

Merkin. Professional sports should be run via professionals not cheating merkins.

Valheru

Coach
Merkin. Professional sports should be run via professionals not cheating merkins.

Yep keep sooking.

"Other clubs are better than me, it just isn't fair"

This is a business, survival of the fittest. The competition is already structured in a way that evens it up more than it otherwise would thus the reason we have had 12 different winners in the NRL era. If you guys can't be competitive on a regular basis you only have yourselves to blame and your business model is clearly not working.

Do you think the Patriots give a shit about the Browns?
Do you think Man U care if their players come from Crystal Palace?
Do you think the Yankees spend more than 1 second thinking about the Miami Marlins?

And the list goes on

Whinging and crying about the teams who are successful won't help you one bit.

I guess if you can't keep up with the competition, just convince yourself they cheat. After all, "it just isn't fair".

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep keep sooking.

This is a business, survival of the fittest. The competition is already structured in a way that evens it up more than it otherwise would thus the reason we have had 12 different winners in the NRL era. If you guys can't be competitive on a regular basis you only have yourselves to blame and your business model is clearly not working.

Do you think the Yankees spend more than 1 second thinking about the Miami Marlins?

And the list goes on

I guess if you can't keep up with the competition, just convince yourself they cheat. After all, "it just isn't fair".

Ive personally spoken to an ex international halfback who told me about his dealings with the roosters. All the rumours you hear he confirmed.

I get that you won’t believe me, and I probably wouldn’t believe some no name on an Internet forum either, however if you truly believe that all the successful clubs of the past have been above board I guess there’s no point in discussing it further.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep keep sooking.

And the list goes on

The only person I see sooking is you. Go back to posting to yourself on your one fan forum.

simmo1

First Grade
Yep keep sooking.

And the list goes on

You clearly give a shit, otherwise you wouldn't be in here writing an essay of dribble defending your stain of a club.

Valheru

Coach
Ive personally spoken to an ex international halfback who told me about his dealings with the roosters. All the rumours you hear he confirmed.

I get that you won’t believe me, and I probably wouldn’t believe some no name on an Internet forum either, however if you truly believe that all the successful clubs of the past have been above board I guess there’s no point in discussing it further.

Meh I have no idea whether a) your conversation actually happened b) it is an accurate account of the conversation or c) whether the person was telling the truth or not.

Having said that i expect my club to implement a business model that sets them up for success which includes stretching the roster rules as far as they can.

As for systemic cheating, which is the implication, i can't say they don't do it just as i can't say any club doesnt do it. You don't need to be successful to be cheating (see parra).

The point is, wests have to start conducting the business of professional sports better.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I just came here for the salt as I'm having hot chips and don't have any in the cupboard.

There's enough here to keep me going for at least a year. Thanks guys.

Latest posts