What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Diesel

Referee
Cowboys and Warriors are playing their 25th season. One will go with 25th season in 2019 and the other 25 years in 2020

kdalymc

Bench
Next month I turn 35, but I haven't spent the last 11 months celebrating my 35th year...
Yes this old chestnut. It’s meant to be 25 seasons but some teams write years, when some also write years for anniversary as well. It’s a shambles.
Broncos and knights both came in 88 but broncos do anniversary’s whilst knights do seasons... sometimes both the logos say years though...

beave

Coach
Im praying to the high lord of jerseys that NQ do a retro 1995 to celebrate the occasion. And then wear it for the whole 2019 season.

kdalymc

Bench
Im praying to the high lord of jerseys that NQ do a retro 1995 to celebrate the occasion. And then wear it for the whole 2019 season.
The cowboys correctly celebrate their anniversaries in 5-10 year numbers so you will be waiting til 2020 bra
As do the warriors

gzerounian

Juniors
Every team should lose the wordmarks
I would like to see the NRL put in place a provision (like they did with the jersey numbers) where it provides all clubs with an identically sized empty emblem template. Clubs can choose the colour scheme to fit in with their jersey design and the only item that would be permitted to be placed in the emblem is their mascot with no word mark.

CONCEPTScreen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.32.43 PM.png

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
No thanks. It would suck a lot of the individuality out of the league.

Agree that individuality needs to be celebrated. Sounds nice in theory for there to be uniformity, but having so many clubs play with the same styles of play is already boring enough

Rooster8

Juniors
I would like to see the NRL put in place a provision (like they did with the jersey numbers) where it provides all clubs with an identically sized empty emblem template. Clubs can choose the colour scheme to fit in with their jersey design and the only item would would be permitted to put in the emblem is their mascot with no word mark.

CONCEPTView attachment 23559
Hahah no thanks

The Great Dane

First Grade
I would like to see the NRL put in place a provision (like they did with the jersey numbers) where it provides all clubs with an identically sized empty emblem template. Clubs can choose the colour scheme to fit in with their jersey design and the only item would would be permitted to put in the emblem is their mascot with no word mark.

Lol bugger that!

Pommy

Coach

You have too much one on your hands.

kdalymc

Bench
It may not be major, but has any team had as many (or even none at times) major sponsors on the front of jersey as the sharks.
I think owning any Shark jersey from the last 10 years would make it a rare.
Like my 131SHOP broncos hehe

Diesel

Referee
I don’t mind the idea of a shield as suggested but perhaps clubs can choose shield, oval, circle style badge (like the old Winfield Cup days) with minimum set dimensions so the badge isn’t smaller than a sponsor logo

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It may not be major, but has any team had as many (or even none at times) major sponsors on the front of jersey as the sharks.
I think owning any Shark jersey from the last 10 years would make it a rare.
Like my 131SHOP broncos hehe
It's impressive - after three sponsors in 13 years, they've since had at least 8 different front of jersey sponsors since 2012 (six years) and long periods of no sponsor as well.

2017 - Current: OpalSolar
Mid 2015 - 2016: Southern Radiology
Early-Mid 2015: Blank
Early 2015: Sutherland Holden
Pre-Season 2015: Martec
Late 2014: Labour Health
Early-Mid 2014: Blank
Late 2013: One Solutions
Early-Mid 2013: Blank
Late 2012: Shark Energy
Early 2012: Fisherman's Friend
Pre-Season 2012: X Blades
2010-2011: Hisense
2000-2009: LG
1998-1999: Pepsi

(I've probably missed one or two as well)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is this significant signing going to be a major jersey sponsor? Or just a sleeve or lower back?

View attachment 23561
I swear people are too lazy to click links these days.

https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2018/09/19/autocraze-partners-up-with-the-sharks/

While still well and truly alive in 2018, the Cronulla Sharks are pleased to make a significant partnership announcement for 2019, with AutoCraze, Australia's leading wheel/tyre and vehicle upgrade centre, signing on with the Sharks next year.

A one-stop custom car shop for aftermarket wheels, tyres, suspension and 4WD accessories, AutoCraze will become the Sharks official shorts partner in 2019, with their logo to appear on the back right panel of the NRL playing shorts.