What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 21-6 Storm @ ANZ

Grand Final: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's this bloke -

remote.axd

Also his name is spelt Siosiua Taukeiaho.

What a handsome young man.

_Johnsy

Referee
Great win for the Roosters. Not my team but I enjoyed the turnout of the fans, the pub where I watched had Roosters jumpers everywhere. It was an inspired win for the Chooks on so many levels.

The Booing of Billy Slater was weak as shit, but that's on the NRL. I hope the ask themselves if it was really worth it.
So if fans don't like him they're not allowed to boo. Had he had been suspended & miss the GF (like he should have been) I doubt the booing happens, but then again he is Billy & the rules don't apply. Are QLD'ers & some NRL fans really that precious?

big hit!

Bench
So if fans don't like him they're not allowed to boo. Had he had been suspended & miss the GF (like he should have been) I doubt the booing happens, but then again he is Billy & the rules don't apply. Are QLD'ers & some NRL fans really that precious?

Aussies will boo a snail slugging across the field

Danish

Referee
So what’s the over under on how many weeks before the 2019 season that Smith pulls the plug?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Congrats Roosters fans. What a performance. Storm were never in it. Chooks just looked really hungry for it.
Not too disappointed at losing just relieved the nerves I had all week are gone.
I was there in 2003 to see how hard it is to go B2B; that's why I sensed we'd do a Penrith '03 on you and put in an amazing performance to look like a team whose every run and tackle was our last.

beave

Coach
As an NQ fan, the only solace I take from that game is the fact that when we were faced with a similar daunting scoreline in last years GF, we didn’t carry on like a bunch of f**king thugs when shit wasn’t going our way. f**k, we lost a player in the first 2 mins and half the squad were completley busted but they still just wanted to try and play football and not the utter shit we all saw last night.

I am no storm hater by any means, I get the strategic importance they bring and all that jazz and seeing the game grow, but if Bellamy or their club is gonna condone or accept that shit by his players then he needs to re-evaluate his stance.

Latrell and Chambers are as bad as each other, being shoved a 2nd time into the electronic boardings is bullshit but so is turning around and throwing the footy into someones face. They both come across as dumb as planks so I’m not entirely surprised.

Easts were a worthy premiership winner in 2018, IMO this seasons was pretty even between a few of the clubs but IMO it’s been pretty f**king poor standard overall. There’s no lack of athletic ability amongst the playing fraternity at all but by f**k there is a lack of quality halves. When a player like Munster can demand $1mil a season playing at 6, there’s some issues.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I wish the raiders were run like either of those teams tbh. Although knowing my luck a passing evil genie will see this post and just make us get caught systematically cheating the cap.

Its very easy for small market fans to get butthurt about the roosters in particular but they are the benchmark in how an nrl side should be run. Obviously first rate talent identification considering their tiny junior area and uncle nick just wrecks every other team in sydney at scrounging up a tpa when one is needed. Like compare what the Roosters do with what they have with Brisbane with what they have. The roosters do much, much better.

Anyway id rather a professionally run team win the comp than some other flukey basketcase. If parra stumble their way to a premiership before the raiders that would be annoying lol

super_coach

First Grade
Hate the Bondi Parasites with a passion but it’s one thing to buy all the talent you can get your hands on it’s another thing to gel them into a champion team. The last two weeks they have been miles better than their opponents.

I just can’t believe how dominant they were, especially considering Cronk was just making the numbers up.

Anyway they are going to be up there for a long while because they will continue to plunder the best talent and I guess at the end of the day it’s all about winning the GF

greenBV4

Bench
I just can’t believe how dominant they were, especially considering Cronk was just making the numbers up.
Cronk was in no way "just making the numbers up" he was in the right place for every play, and coached them through every step from behind

anyone else notice he didn't really look happy though? It could just be his injury, but I think he was pretty conflicted beating his old team.
When he retires he will be remembered as a storm great, not a roosters great, and I doubt he'll be getting a Roosters tat under his Storm one

TheFrog

Coach
The last two weeks they have been miles better than their opponents.
I think the Panthers game in round 15 was the prototype for that performance. Devastating in the first half, cruised to victory in the second. Couldn't mount our comeback but it might have been different if Tyrone Philips didn't bomb the try of the year. We did well to hold them to five tries with the possession they had.

Latest posts