What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ KCOM Stadium // Saturday 27 October - Sunday 00h30 (AEDT) 02h30 (NZDT)

thorson1987

Coach
Crowd was fine. Could have been better. Talk about winning and maybe more fans will buy tix to the remaining games. Atmosphere and game was better than the all blacks v wallabies game yesterday.

Unrelated... Hicks and Thaler really annoy me as referees and I don’t know why. I think they both talk too fast and it seems like their flustered. And their whistles are higher pitched and they don’t make more than one tone. So the noise of a try is the same as a penalty or knock on. I know it’s petty but just wondering if anyone else has the same irritation?
Do you use pealess whistles in England?

You're not alone.

I really hate that higher pitched noise.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great game, very enjoyable to watch and another nail biter between these two nations. They rarely fail to produce. Crowd was down on what it shuld have been but RL fans are just lazy arses all over the world it seems (PNG and Tonga fans excluded from that comment!)

Ref did a great job as well. I loved the look on the Kiwis players faces when he actually did his job and told them to go away rather than debating every decision for 5 mins.

Shaun Johnson really is a bit of a liability for NZ. He has n concept of controlling a game.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Got to love the way fans who cant be arsed to go to games then blame the RFL for the crowd not being a sell out!

Lets review shall we:
1. Quality of opposition tick
2. Quality of venue tick
3. Aware the game was on tick
4. Ticket price tick

So basically the RFL did its bit in ticking all the boxes.Stay at home fans let the game down, not the RFL.

Its 15 years since the Kangaroos played a series in UK, they need to get off their backsides and get on a plane!

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Got to love the way fans who cant be arsed to go to games then blame the RFL for the crowd not being a sell out!

Lets review shall we:
1. Quality of opposition tick
2. Quality of venue tick
3. Aware the game was on tick
4. Ticket price tick

So basically the RFL did its bit in ticking all the boxes.Stay at home fans let the game down, not the RFL.

Its 15 years since the Kangaroos played a series in UK, they need to get off their backsides and get on a plane!
Hull was a rubbish choice and there was absolutely no promotion of the game what so ever. It was a lazy choice of venue for the RFL.

thorson1987

Coach
Is it just me or was the distance between the 40m and 30m lines not a full 10m?

I know they do it at The Jungle but never noticed it at KCOM.

AF1QipOLCI1pYSXOFQSY4fHQJ4NBmvY_YC-RNksjjiXp=w216-h144-c

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Is it just me or was the distance between the 40m and 30m lines not a full 10m?

I know they do it at The Jungle but never noticed it at KCOM.

AF1QipOLCI1pYSXOFQSY4fHQJ4NBmvY_YC-RNksjjiXp=w216-h144-c
wouldn't surprise me. would rather that than some guy breaking his neck sliding over the dead ball line.

that said, 40-20s would be the order of the go

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hull was a rubbish choice and there was absolutely no promotion of the game what so ever. It was a lazy choice of venue for the RFL.

KC is one of the best mid size RL stadiums in the country. It is less than 2 hours travel time from tens of thousands of RL fans. Every RL fan in the UK knew England were playing NZ on Saturday in Hull. The KO time made it very easy for fans to travel to Hull for the game. How can you say either of those things are remotely true? We wont attract non RL fans to games, the sport isnt that big. We shouldn't need to. There would be 200k RL fans at least along the M62 corridor. What was your excuse for not going?

roughyedspud

Coach
I'd imagine ticket sales will be boosted by the fact we could win a series...if we don't win Leeds will be boosted likewise.

Alot of English fans have learnt that if they wait till the last minute they'll get better deals...

We should see 40k+ on Sunday...and if Leeds ends up being a decider we should see another 38-40k

Walter sobchak

First Grade
KC is one of the best mid size RL stadiums in the country. It is less than 2 hours travel time from tens of thousands of RL fans. Every RL fan in the UK knew England were playing NZ on Saturday in Hull. The KO time made it very easy for fans to travel to Hull for the game. How can you say either of those things are remotely true? We wont attract non RL fans to games, the sport isnt that big. We shouldn't need to. There would be 200k RL fans at least along the M62 corridor. What was your excuse for not going?
My excuse for not going on Saturday was that I was working marra. My job see’s me working every 5 out of 6 Saturday’s but I’m going to Anfield as it’s my long weekend.

I’ll be honest with you and say that even if I wasn’t working on the Saturday I still wouldn’t have attended as hull doesn’t exactly scream and leap out to me as a must attend venue but Liverpool does and that’s why I’m spending the weekend in the city. Sorry.

Last edited:

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I'd imagine ticket sales will be boosted by the fact we could win a series...if we don't win Leeds will be boosted likewise.

Alot of English fans have learnt that if they wait till the last minute they'll get better deals...

We should see 40k+ on Sunday...and if Leeds ends up being a decider we should see another 38-40k
Mate if 40k+ Attend on Sunday it’ll be a miracle!!! I’ve heard that less than 15,000 tickets had been sold before the 1st test and that the genius that is Ralph Rimmer was quoted as saying that he hopes 25,000 will attend.

deluded pom?

Coach
My excuse for not going on Saturday was that I was working marra. My job see’s me working every 5 out of 6 Saturday’s but I’m going to Anfield as it’s my long weekend.

I’ll be honest with you and say that even if I wasn’t working on the Saturday I still wouldn’t have attended as hull doesn’t exactly scream and leap out to me as a must attend venue but Liverpool does and that’s why I’m spending the weekend in the city. Sorry.
Liverpool city centre is OK but venture much further afield and it goes downhill quickly. I sat in the stand opposite the tunnel for the 2016 4N final. It had to be the least legroom I’ve ever experienced in a stadium. Awful. People were sat on the steps. Every time someone came past it started a Mexican wave. The surrounding area is a dump. They also ran out of beer by half time. I won’t be going back in a hurry.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach

You’ve got more chance of knitting fog than getting 40K to Anfield on Sunday ‘spud.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Liverpool city centre is OK but venture much further afield and it goes downhill quickly. I sat in the stand opposite the tunnel for the 2016 4N final. It had to be the least legroom I’ve ever experienced in a stadium. Awful. People were sat on the steps. Every time someone came past it started a Mexican wave. The surrounding area is a dump. They also ran out of beer by half time. I won’t be going back in a hurry.
I’ve never been to Liverpool city centre before but I’ve attended a few Liverpool F.C. premier league games in the late 90’s sitting in the Kop and it was very cramped for me but I’m 6’3 which doesn’t help.

From what I remember the area around the ground was pretty rundown but we didn’t spend much time outside of the ground. It was basically get of the bus with a pretty brisk walk through Stanley park and straight into the ground!!!

Latest posts