What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ KCOM Stadium // Saturday 27 October - Sunday 00h30 (AEDT) 02h30 (NZDT)

Springs09

Juniors
Glad you said if. ;) It’s not like an Aussie has ever blamed a ref for a loss is it. Now google who reffed the 2008 World Cup Final and what the Aussie coach’s reaction was afterwards.

Aussie whinging is irrelevant to the point. I'm not talking about whinging after a loss I'm talking about pommys idiotic whinging now that we need neutral refs but those neutral refs can't be Aussies. Saw Pommys even complaining about having English refs cause they don't want to be bias and favour the other team of course.

Aussie whinging is irrelevant to the point. I'm not talking about whinging after a loss I'm talking about pommys idiotic whinging now that we need neutral refs but those neutral refs can't be Aussies. Saw Pommys even complaining about having English refs cause they don't want to be bias and favour the other team of course.
Lets agree that we have neutral refs for all international games and tough if some countries don't like it.

roughyedspud

Coach
It's funny watching Aussie's & kiwis saying us English are whinging about refs..lol

They,generally,only want to play big games against england if a Aussie is reffing lol...we've even had in the past,the likes of Tim sheens saying it has a to be a Aussie ref cos other refs aren't good enough...you lot have 2 refs on the field and not a week goes by where someone hasn't f**ked up lol

Mark my words...Gerard Sutton will be the headline after Sunday's game...he always is !

Springs09

Juniors
There are English fans literally complaining about having an English ref, as well as having a neutral Australian ref, but yeah I guess that's Australia's fault too.

The only fans that rival English fans whinges about refs are Tongan fans. If you look at English fans on forums or social media the only reason their club ever loses is cause of the ref, and it is far worse than Australian fans and we are terrible with ref abuse ourselves.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There are English fans literally complaining about having an English ref, as well as having a neutral Australian ref, but yeah I guess that's Australia's fault too.

The only fans that rival English fans whinges about refs are Tongan fans. If you look at English fans on forums or social media the only reason their club ever loses is cause of the ref, and it is far worse than Australian fans and we are terrible with ref abuse ourselves.

Its not neutral though, the refs nationality has far far less to do with his performance and decision making than the competition he refs in. SL is faster and less ruck messy and the refs control the players on their own. NRL is slow, messy and the refs want to be best mates with the players and used to having back up from another rtef on the field. There is no such thing as neutral refs, they are either used to coaching SL games, or used to coaching NRL games.

No problem with all games in Southern hemi ref'd by NRL refs and all games in Nthn hemi ref'd by SL refs. Thats then the advantage of playing at "home" which is what it should be for nations willing to put their hands up to organise internationals.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Ah right we need neutral refs for internationals or we look amateur but they can't be from NRL or SL cause the rules are too different and they favour the rules from their comp. Guess we'll get some refs from the USA or Lebanon then :rolleyes:

This is tokenism because when Australia play next they won't have a neutral ref. Infact where was the neutral ref in last years WC Final?

Here's one to google Springs. Who reffed the 1988 World Cup final?

Graham Ainui. He was a police inspector from the Highlands of PNG.

Earlier in 1988 he had refereed the Australia v Rest of the World game in Sydney and received plenty of praise for his performance thus the gig in the WC FInal.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Probably a Fench ref..Sabroyles or something like that.

Remember the days when we had proper neutral refs? then the Aussies whinged and refused to use them anymore.
Just so happened, this got worse when they nearly lost the 1990 ashes.

The greatest test series I have seen were refereed by Frenchmen. Alot of the Aussie whinging was undeserved in some instances and basically over the top.

deluded pom?

Coach

If the English fans who want neutral refs complain when an Englishman refs England you label us as whingers. Only in Australia.

deluded pom?

Coach
Australia lost the 2008 WC final under an Aussie ref. Ricky went ballistic. Boo f**king hoo.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Its not neutral though, the refs nationality has far far less to do with his performance and decision making than the competition he refs in. SL is faster and less ruck messy and the refs control the players on their own. NRL is slow, messy and the refs want to be best mates with the players and used to having back up from another rtef on the field. There is no such thing as neutral refs, they are either used to coaching SL games, or used to coaching NRL games.

No problem with all games in Southern hemi ref'd by NRL refs and all games in Nthn hemi ref'd by SL refs. Thats then the advantage of playing at "home" which is what it should be for nations willing to put their hands up to organise internationals.

I call BS on your first paragraph.

The greatest test series I have seen were refereed by Frenchmen. Alot of the Aussie whinging was undeserved in some instances and basically over the top.
You can blame Fulton's whines in 1990 for the death of neutral refs. David Morrow's commentary was also appalling in this regard and Graeme Hughes even had to correct him for it during the call. PS. Just saw your later post saying something similar.

Last edited:

After the inept first half display from Gerard Sutton in the Australia v Tonga test recently they had every right to whinge in my opinion and I'm Australian.

winners are grinners. History doesn't record how much better the losing team was, only that NZ are facing yet another series loss to England! You whinge more than the tongans lol

"yet another series loss" lol like they constantly beat us.

We aren't done yet btw.

McMoan had a run in with Thaler. He has a run in with most refs. Is McMoan Australian by any chance? England have just beaten New Zealand without ten players from the WC final. Does that make us the best team in the world right now? Moan, moan f**king moan Bobby. It’s all you ever do. Suck it up like we will if you manage to win on Sunday.

No it doesn't, and we all know you didn't actually "beat" us. You'll never be the best team in the world because the Kangaroos have mentally scarred your nation. You can't beat them, and your players are scared of them. We aren't scared. We've single-handedly kept international RL alive for the past 13 years while you continued to get your asses handed to you year in, year out.

You can't beat NZ in NZ, and you can't beat Aus anywhere. You're a clear 3rd.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
Australia lost the 2008 WC final under an Aussie ref. Ricky went ballistic. Boo f**king hoo.

Ricky goes ballistic after every loss - that's also irrelevant to fans, since that's what we are talking about, not coaches. I don't remember Australian fans ever going off the way Tongan fans did last year nor the way moaning English morons do on social media/forums after every single game. You'd think the only reason clubs ever lose is because of Hicks and Thaler.