What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ENG v NZ @ KCOM Stadium // Saturday 27 October - Sunday 00h30 (AEDT) 02h30 (NZDT)

deluded pom?

Coach
There needs to be somekind of program where English,French,kiwi & Australian refs swap competition for a season at a time..
Your problem there ‘spud is the refs who go to the NRL will be used in a two ref situation. Would that be beneficial to them? Another problem would be one mistake from the visiting ref and the NRL coaches and the Aussie press would see him hounded out sooner rather than later. I like the idea. I just don’t think it would work.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Good to see this change....no excuses for the Kiwis thus week...irc the last four times England beat NZ was with and English referee.

Is this not how the last year series went? English ref, Aus ref then English ref?

Springs09

Juniors
Much worse than OT. I don’t know what the seats are like in the end stands at OT, I usually sit in the stand opposite the cameras and they are fine. At Anfield I was virtually touching the back of the seat in front with my knees.

I remember I was pretty much doing that at Old Trafford around the 20m line, can't remember which stand though. I'm only 5'9", it was the most squished I've ever been at a footy game.

Pommy

Coach
Good to see this change....no excuses for the Kiwis thus week...irc the last four times England beat NZ was with and English referee.

Is this not how the last year series went? English ref, Aus ref then English ref?

You mean 2015? I believe it was

Lots of head shots by the Kiwis which he let go

??? From where I was sitting the pommy boys were diving better than their soccer counterparts. Lomax dived so damn well he had to go off for an HIA....yet he still asked "why do I have to go off?"...uhh cos the ref believed you the first time you soft-c*ck. McGillvary is also a top notch diver.

It was an absolute stitch-up of epic proportions. Isn't that the same ref Josh McCrone had a run in with earlier this year?

Since when are you allowed to get the ball back and play it if you lose it after a completed tackle like Burgess did? That's either a knock-on in the ruck or a penalty. There's no 3rd do-over option. Is that rule different in England all of a sudden? Don't even get me started on the penalty try. That could have actually been an 8 point try if the ball reached the turf, but it didn't as Johnson stopped it and not DWZ with his knees.

Anyway we're the best RL team in the world right now, and we have more than enough skill and talent to roast England in the next 2 games....if we get a fair go, which we probably won't. But we're still an even money bet to win the series even with biased officials tbh. England's first try was pure luck, and their 2nd was a rort. Their 3rd try was a nice solo effort though. Our 2 tries were pure skill and execution. We're clearly the better team, and the better team lost.

Matua

Bench
winners are grinners. History doesn't record how much better the losing team was, only that NZ are facing yet another series loss to England! You whinge more than the tongans lol
Hey, we haven't rioted in the streets, yet ... plus the Tongans had a melt down over one decision, ours was over repeated dodgy ones from a hometown ref.

??? From where I was sitting the pommy boys were diving better than their soccer counterparts. Lomax dived so damn well he had to go off for an HIA....yet he still asked "why do I have to go off?"...uhh cos the ref believed you the first time you soft-c*ck. McGillvary is also a top notch diver.

It was an absolute stitch-up of epic proportions. Isn't that the same ref Josh McCrone had a run in with earlier this year?

Since when are you allowed to get the ball back and play it if you lose it after a completed tackle like Burgess did? That's either a knock-on in the ruck or a penalty. There's no 3rd do-over option. Is that rule different in England all of a sudden? Don't even get me started on the penalty try. That could have actually been an 8 point try if the ball reached the turf, but it didn't as Johnson stopped it and not DWZ with his knees.

Anyway we're the best RL team in the world right now, and we have more than enough skill and talent to roast England in the next 2 games....if we get a fair go, which we probably won't. But we're still an even money bet to win the series even with biased officials tbh. England's first try was pure luck, and their 2nd was a rort. Their 3rd try was a nice solo effort though. Our 2 tries were pure skill and execution. We're clearly the better team, and the better team lost.
Yep would have to agree that with their victory over us the Kiwis are the best side in the world at the moment

deluded pom?

Coach

McMoan had a run in with Thaler. He has a run in with most refs. Is McMoan Australian by any chance? England have just beaten New Zealand without ten players from the WC final. Does that make us the best team in the world right now? Moan, moan f**king moan Bobby. It’s all you ever do. Suck it up like we will if you manage to win on Sunday.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So we can have neutral refs as long as they are Aussies............:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly, they dont want neutral refs, they want NRL ones. That way they can lay on, wrestle and kill the game speed to their advantage, gob off to him so he feels under pressure to even things up and refuse to make any tough decisions for fear of media criticism. Welcome to the world of NRL refereeing

Springs09

Juniors
Ah right we need neutral refs for internationals or we look amateur but they can't be from NRL or SL cause the rules are too different and they favour the rules from their comp. Guess we'll get some refs from the USA or Lebanon then :rolleyes:

deluded pom?

Coach
Ah right we need neutral refs for internationals or we look amateur but they can't be from NRL or SL cause the rules are too different and they favour the rules from their comp. Guess we'll get some refs from the USA or Lebanon then :rolleyes:
Here's one to google Springs. Who reffed the 1988 World Cup final?

Jack Deth

Juniors
Here's one to google Springs. Who reffed the 1988 World Cup final?

Probably a Fench ref..Sabroyles or something like that.

Remember the days when we had proper neutral refs? then the Aussies whinged and refused to use them anymore.
Just so happened, this got worse when they nearly lost the 1990 ashes.

deluded pom?

Coach
Nah PNG is too close to Australia and the Hunters play in an Aussie comp if a PNG ref reffed this test it would still be his fault if England lost.
Glad you said if. ;) It’s not like an Aussie has ever blamed a ref for a loss is it. Now google who reffed the 2008 World Cup Final and what the Aussie coach’s reaction was afterwards.