What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Yes - I have my reservations about Widdop as a 5/8, particularly his passing game, but his defence is top drawer- he "cleans up" the opposition half breaks and also makes the "last ditch "tackles that stop certain tries- if anything, I believe he does too much in defence and gasses himself for his attacking and kicking responsibilities. I still believe his best position is lock

Since when has Widdop played a single game at lock?

Bizarre!

His best position is unquestionably five eighth, although he’s more than capable of playing fullback.

denis preston

First Grade
I could hardly believe what I saw last year- no longer the languid, long drink of water, Lats looked angry, ran hard and was trying to hurt people in tackles- perhaps all that time with Graham on those bus trips is having an effect.

Millward claimed that Allgood was challenging for first grade last year but got injured. Sounds like self serving BS to me. I watched most of the televised ISP matches and can't recall Allgood ever threatening the line or putting on a big hit.

Jacob Host is another who I feel lacks impact in attack and defence and should be off loaded. He is living off the past glories of his Australian Schoolboy selection four years ago.

Geez , the kid has just turned 22 and after 8 years of patient investment , just when he is coming to his best years , you want to flick him ? His defence has never been an issue. He has been running great lines since he was 18 but had no halfback to put him through.He finally get one but gets injured.Like Dufty & Field we would be crazy to offload them before their prime years. Any defincancies still in their game can be partly attributed to our coaching staffs lack of nous.The next 2 years will be vital to these 3 careers.

Old Timer

Coach
Fixed rather easily. I added a full stop. You can get back to your misery now.
You just can't cop the heat in the kitchen can you?
When your own stupidity rebounds on you, instead of owning up you try to again take the school teacher role.
A thousand posts in here are riddled with errors but their intent is obvious but you the queen bee now decide to take up the role of head pedant and yet you make mistakes yourself.
Your glass house is full of holes from your own doing.

Old Timer

Coach
Will Allgood see any 1st grade next year ? I doubt it. He is going on 30 years old.

Not all players in our squad can be rep players or even regular 1st graders but they must offer something, so as not to take up space and the 30 man squad limit.

Yes, minimal pay may sound good, but if im correct now its 100k per player, soon to be 120k per player. So the question is these depth players are really strengthening the ISP squad and not our 1st grade squad. 2 or 3 'depth" players could add up to 3-400k, in which case a more established forward would be ideal, or using those funds to channel in junior depth.

Latimore, for me has earnt his spot. Consistently plays well, hard worker and not breaking the bank.

Its a balancing act really.

As mentioned by Denis, TPA's are our achilles heal.
Basil said Allgood would have played 1st grade last year except for injury so don't be surprised if he gets a gig.

kit66

Bench
Basil said Allgood would have played 1st grade last year except for injury so don't be surprised if he gets a gig.

Only as a back up at Origin time or possibly in the case of multiple injuries. If everyone else is fit he'll stay put in reserves.

Old Timer

Coach
Only as a back up at Origin time or possibly in the case of multiple injuries. If everyone else is fit he'll stay put in reserves.
IMO still an indictment of our recruitment as was Masoe.
How a 30 year old non achiever gets a gig before youth with potential or younger players we are still unsure about mystifies me.
If we think Kerr is worth resigning why wouldn't you give him a crack instead?

possm

Coach
Geez , the kid has just turned 22 and after 8 years of patient investment , just when he is coming to his best years , you want to flick him ? His defence has never been an issue. He has been running great lines since he was 18 but had no halfback to put him through.He finally get one but gets injured.Like Dufty & Field we would be crazy to offload them before their prime years. Any defincancies still in their game can be partly attributed to our coaching staffs lack of nous.The next 2 years will be vital to these 3 careers.
Dufty is not a junior anymore; especially when his manager is asking 700k

Drag Queen

Bench
Dufty is not a junior anymore; especially when his manager is asking 700k
possm I highly doubt his manager is after that sort of money. I wouldn't buy into this gossip that's been blown well out of proportion mate. There has been no source or evidence to suggest it. Just a rumour perpetuated on this forum.

Drag Queen

Bench
You just can't cop the heat in the kitchen can you?
When your own stupidity rebounds on you, instead of owning up you try to again take the school teacher role.
A thousand posts in here are riddled with errors but their intent is obvious but you the queen bee now decide to take up the role of head pedant and yet you make mistakes yourself.
Your glass house is full of holes from your own doing.
You are f**king hilarious. Best laugh of the day. Thank you for giving me a true belly laugh. Then again, you might have dementia which isn't a laughing matter. Hmm. Either way have a nice day.

Old Timer

Coach
You are f**king hilarious. Best laugh of the day. Thank you for giving me a true belly laugh. Then again, you might have dementia which isn't a laughing matter. Hmm. Either way have a nice day.
You had nothing worthwhile to say so you wanted to be a pendant which you f**ked up, so just accept it in good faith and move on.
As I said some time back you are the epitome of a fair weather poster choosing to place people on and off ignore as your whim takes you.
For the record I'm having a great day and not surprised to see you stooping lower than normal with the dementia quip / insult.
For someone that proclaims to come from a medical background you seem to have f**k all diplomacy.

Drag Queen

Bench
You had nothing worthwhile to say so you wanted to be a pendant which you f**ked up, so just accept it in good faith and move on.
As I said some time back you are the epitome of a fair weather poster choosing to place people on and off ignore as your whim takes you.
For the record I'm having a great day and not surprised to see you stooping lower than normal with the dementia quip / insult.
For someone that proclaims to come from a medical background you seem to have f**k all diplomacy.
Bye Felicia.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Bye Felicia.
THIS IS PANTHERS GIRL. I ALREADY SUSPECTED IT AND I CAN NOW GUARANTEE YOU ALL OF THIS. SHE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT FROM ZERO TACKLE. SHE WAS CONTINUALLY GETTING INTO STUPID DRAMAS WITH MALES ON ZERO TACKLE. SHE LACKS COMPREHENSION SKILLS. TO TOP IT OFF THEY BOTH USE THE EXPRESSION "BYE FELICA". I REMEMBER HER USING THAT EXPRESSION ON ZERO TACKLE ONCE AND HAD TO LOOK IT UP TO SEE WHAT IT MEANT.

PENRITH SUCK PANTHERS GIRL. YOU HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT. GO BACK TO PENRITH. HOW IS GOULD'S 5 YEAR PLAN WORKING OUT? LOL

PANTHERS GIRL, I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MESS ON ZERO TACKLE, NOW I THINK YOU ARE EVEN WORSE. LOL

TruSaint

Referee

Old Timer

Coach
On 29 June 2015, Masoe signed a 2-year contract with the St. George Illawarra Dragons commencing in 2016.[10]

However, an ACL injury kept Masoe out for the entire 2016 rugby league season and in 2017 he was released without having played a single game for the Dragons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mose_Masoe

Never got on the field mate :)

I must admit when we signed the bloke I had high hopes.
I called it a dud signing when it happened and stand by my original assertion.
I did likewise with Lafai and stand by that one as well.
I got the Tariq Sims one wrong as he has far exceeded my highest expectations although he needs to repeat that performance this year to have me completely but I suspect he will be very good again in 2019 the key with him will; be can we sign him up for the next contract.

Latest posts