What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Still think George Jennings gets one of the wing spots. He had a top season despite his brother forgetting how to slide in defence and exposing him like a Portuguese chicken. :chicken:
Depends how Siva goes in the off-season and trials. Two big bodies on the wings will change the dynamic of our team. Might also bring French back into the fold.

hindy111

Post Whore
He made 300 metres every week in the under 20s. I’d say he’s already at NRL level in attack. He’s just a massive liability in defence.

Depends. His 300mtrs may of been due to his power against small and less physically developed. Once he starts to run against men it maybe different. A bigger and straighter runner like perhaps Parry may make more inroads.
Greg is listed at 180cm which isn't tiny.
Matt Utai was 168cm.....

hindy111

Post Whore
Depends how Siva goes in the off-season and trials. Two big bodies on the wings will change the dynamic of our team. Might also bring French back into the fold.

I asked some friends, they reckon he is raw and can be a bit lazy working ball out of own end and some defense defficenicies but if sorted has loads of potential.
The fact Crighton was playing NRL before his is a little bit concenring.
He surely will be an interesting one to watch.

hindy111

Post Whore
Still think George Jennings gets one of the wing spots. He had a top season despite his brother forgetting how to slide in defence and exposing him like a Portuguese chicken. :chicken:

He does his work and wont let you down but will be most likely first one dropped if someone else form in lower grades catches the eye.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mansour,Issako,Noafaluma,Thompson,Carr, Katoa, Crighton, Uate,Nightingale
Are all 183cm or less.
GL does look small. Is 180cm accurate?

emjaycee

Coach
Yeah, unless there is a super surprise or injusry during the off season, I can't see Fergo and Gennings not being the Round 1 wingers.

Delboy

First Grade
Are all 183cm or less.
Think GL got measured by the same people who provide the NBL with heights. 180cm is 6 foot in the old measure, have stood next to him at training and while I am 6'3", he clearly is not 6', more around 5'9" or 5'10" at best.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah, unless there is a super surprise or injusry during the off season, I can't see Fergo and Gennings not being the Round 1 wingers.

Unless they push Norman there and blood Brown with Bevan on wing.
Hoff has some claims to take his spot too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our backline is set unless Jennings goes to the Knights which I doubt will happen..

Bevan
Fargo
Jennings
The King
Gennings
Norman
Moses

While I agree that backline is a possibility, I don’t think it’s a guaranteed just yet.

There probably as much chance as Gutho or Norman going to fullback with either Salmon or Brown coming into the line up.

Are all 183cm or less.

I don't believe half the player stats.
Remember it listed Mahoney as 180cm (Which is Laughable)
He isn't even close to that.
SI'm assuming the others are guesses as well

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you actually watch games or know anything about football, suggesting GL should play over French makes no sense at all. If you think French cant defend, you obviously have not seen GL. Not a smart statement Rhyno !!!
Agreed. French might offer nothing in go-forward but he is at least a great defender vs the kick.