What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Now on footy.

What ive noticed is the guys look far more focusses in training photos? Lot less smiles and laughing. It is all business.
Ray Stone looks like a real grub, I like that .
Alvaro has bulked up big time. He would have to be over 112kgs now.
With Jnr , Danny,Tepai and Lane the pack doesnt look so small anymore.

Anyone have photos of Parry?

Here are a few of the young guys
Parry x4 - Brown x1 - Schneider x1 - Dunster x1 - Stefano x1
192a1147.jpg 192a1333.jpg 192a2135.jpg 192a2522.jpg 192a1305.jpg 192a2440.jpg 192a2571.jpg 192a1003.jpg

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Incorrect mate.
Development players require permission - dispensation prior to june 30.
After june 30 no permission or dispensation will be required.

There's been talk about this but I can only find one source citing it and that's the bulldogs' website. So whilst greenberg may be giving them the early tip, and they've accidently announced it to the rest of the NRL via a press release about their development squad, I'm gonna wait for a proper release from the NRL to get my hopes up about being able to play the players from the development 6.

hindy111

Post Whore
Is it odd BA put GL in top 30. We are thin on backs. We have Sivo,Hoff and GL as back ups.
Considering Bevans no certainty and MJ form was horrid along with his brother basically being a rookie. I guess the Brown and Norman to fullback option is there along with Salmon in centres.
Are they able to bring Parry or Haze into Nrl and swap with GL? The club must hold some hope for GL.

hindy111

Post Whore
You don't "put" players in the top 30. It's based on salary. It's been the same since it was the top 25.
So could they pay Parry say a little more then GL who I assumes on min.
Who would you chose between Sivo,Parry,Haze,GL in order if had to put one on wing in the nrl.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With GL, would an NRL contract have “standards” in it that need to be met? If not the contract can be terminated?

For example if GL can’t keep up with training with the NRL squad, wouId that allow us to terminate the contract (especially after giving him the opportunity to get up to the required standard).

Have no idea.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
With GL, would an NRL contract have “standards” in it that need to be meant? If not the contract can be terminated?

For example if GL can’t keep up with training with the NRL squad, wouId that allow us to terminate the contract (especially after giving him the opportunity to get up to the required standard).

Have no idea.

It would have to be very clear in the contract what that particular standard is.

With GL, would an NRL contract have “standards” in it that need to be met? If not the contract can be terminated?

Have no idea.

You can't terminate him for not being good enough to keep up with training. As long as he turns up and has a go, he's fine. It would be very unusual for a NRL-registered contract to have pre-defined training performance measures, and even if you did they would be almost impossible to enforce.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You can't terminate him for not being good enough to keep up with training. As long as he turns up and has a go, he's fine. It would be very unusual for a NRL-registered contract to have pre-defined training performance measures, and even if you did they would be almost impossible to enforce.

I wouId be thinking not so much as “pre defined” measures, but something more like he must be able to “participate” at training. Obviously anyone can “participate” but is there is a level that results in the contract being terminated.

For example if there is a training exercise of 10 times 400 m runs (just an example) and he can only complete 5 before being to exhausted to continue (or it takes him him substantially longer to complete then the rest of the team), is that a sackable offence? Obviously a one off wouldn’t be, but what if GL is constantly unable to finish.

I have no idea how poor GL fitness level is but getting told to train with the JF side indicates is probably pretty poor.

Noise

Coach
I wouId be thinking not so much as “pre defined” measures, but something more like he must be able to “participate” at training. Obviously anyone can “participate” but is there is a level that results in the contract being terminated.

For example if there is a training exercise of 10 times 400 m runs (just an example) and he can only complete 5 before being to exhausted to continue (or it takes him him substantially longer to complete then the rest of the team), is that a sackable offence? Obviously a one off wouldn’t be, but what if GL is constantly unable to finish.

I have no idea how poor GL fitness level is but getting told to train with the JF side indicates is probably pretty poor.

Way too hard to dismiss someone over that...and I highly doubt anything like that would be in his contract anyway. If we are paying him enough that he is in our top 30 and his fitness levels are not where they need to be that is our mistake.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it odd BA put GL in top 30. We are thin on backs. We have Sivo,Hoff and GL as back ups.
Considering Bevans no certainty and MJ form was horrid along with his brother basically being a rookie. I guess the Brown and Norman to fullback option is there along with Salmon in centres.
Are they able to bring Parry or Haze into Nrl and swap with GL? The club must hold some hope for GL.
He made 300 metres every week in the under 20s. I’d say he’s already at NRL level in attack. He’s just a massive liability in defence.

Angry_eel

First Grade
With this merry-go-around at a few clubs, are we winners or losers? We have not bought any stars in the 1-6-7-9 since Moses.