What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Fire

First Grade
The Knights would still have a bit of change tucked in the back pocket, we have 1 more roster slot to fill and my understanding was they were looking for another quality signing. They may change tact now that Klemmer is over the line, though... there's going to be a lot of players expecting upgrades down the track over the next 3 seasons. Keeping the squad evolving and the core components together will be difficult. We'll probably want to keep some space for that. Keeping Ponga is going to take a herculean effort... and may not be possible depending on who you talk to.

All in all I think we've seen the vast majority of Newcastle's spending spree for the forseeable future... it's going to be about grooming youngsters to fill spots and keeping the core of the squad together from here. Good chance that Klemmer is the last notable signing. Good to finish with a bang.
Kurt Mann.

Frederick

Staff member
The Knights would still have a bit of change tucked in the back pocket, we have 1 more roster slot to fill and my understanding was they were looking for another quality signing. They may change tact now that Klemmer is over the line, though... there's going to be a lot of players expecting upgrades down the track over the next 3 seasons. Keeping the squad evolving and the core components together will be difficult. We'll probably want to keep some space for that. Keeping Ponga is going to take a herculean effort... and may not be possible depending on who you talk to.

All in all I think we've seen the vast majority of Newcastle's spending spree for the forseeable future... it's going to be about grooming youngsters to fill spots and keeping the core of the squad together from here. Good chance that Klemmer is the last notable signing. Good to finish with a bang.
2 more roster spots to fill

Zadar

Juniors
How many times are they going to play the roosters this year?

Maybe twice, but there is a good chance Pearce,SKD,Moga will be injured, in therapy or suspended by the nrl(the holiday period and Australia Day are yet to be overcome) so it will probably only be Guerra and Watson that will have to aim up for the two games.

beave

Coach
merkin human, merkin team and merkin fans

images

@thorson1987

Latest posts