What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Champions’ Sydney Roosters appear on billboards in Super Bowl 53 host city Atlanta

unforgiven

Bench
Dude, they get called the Super Bowl champions....'by everybody. I am not saying they dont claim the world champion status but it is massively overstated right here as a thing.
Are you really this dumb?
888888939_1282017211531340.JPG

KCbMnX

Last edited:

gerg

Juniors
First most Americas I met when I was there and I mentioned Sydney first thought is a small town in Ohio between Chicago and Dayton

To them the flat world ends at the American border or coastline and there are 51 countries

Yes and that goes for sports as well. If it's not an American sport they really don't care about it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
But why? In the process all they are doing is irritating the people they want to win over to rugby league. This will not just irk NFL and sports fans, it will irk Americans in general. Americans don’t like being being pissed on.

I really don’t see any value in what they are doing with these billboards.

What?

Sport is meant to be challenging. Do you really think a game is more interesting if both teams hold hands and talk about how “everyone is the winner”?

NRL and Aussie sport in general really fails at this. Teams should talk themsleves up and stir the rivalry at least a bit...

simmo05

Bench
I think it is a hilarious jab at the seppos. It should generate more than a few clicks, which is what it is all about these days

Brutus

Referee
I am not sure what the NRL wants or expects to get out of the. Not sure how much this is costing the NRL, but for mine it is a complete and utter waste of time and money. Americans will either ignore or just laugh at it. Either way Americans will quickly forget the signs

Maybe Clive Palmer is paying for it.

DC_fan

Coach
What?

Sport is meant to be challenging. Do you really think a game is more interesting if both teams hold hands and talk about how “everyone is the winner”?

NRL and Aussie sport in general really fails at this. Teams should talk themsleves up and stir the rivalry at least a bit...

I would agree with you except for one thing. It is America we are talking about here.

Latest posts