What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well like i posted earlier i dont mind johnston and graham as our wingers i think it was always going to be that way particularly with young graham after all campbell graham is a souths junior he will in time only get better but the way he is bulking up lately he may do a tyrone smith and end his career as a forward in due course thats a possibility but maybe not time will tell..anyway.we dont need kyle turner but we do need ethan lowe far more than we need kyle turner..,bennett knows who the surplus to needs players presently that are at souths and in due time they will be moved on so that we will have a winning team/culture as we know a coach has to be sometimes cruel to be kind to win #22.glory glory SSTID..

Graham already looks like his bulked up over the summer and I still don't reckon he'd be done filling out so I completely agree with you. Could go from centre to second row in a couple of seasons.

callmack1

Staff member
A little disappointed about Jennings but hey, that's footy I guess. He is a loss as he had a great 2018 but I think anyone would've scored most of his tries last year and we have guys that can step up into that position.

ThingFish

Juniors
A little disappointed about Jennings but hey, that's footy I guess. He is a loss as he had a great 2018 but I think anyone would've scored most of his tries last year and we have guys that can step up into that position.
I’m still holding out hope until there’s an official announcement. They use the words “is expected to”. Is this the press just “assuming” that if Lowe is coming we have to loose someone, and “assuming” that someone will be Jennings.

Dirty deeds

Juniors
I’m still holding out hope until there’s an official announcement. They use the words “is expected to”. Is this the press just “assuming” that if Lowe is coming we have to loose someone, and “assuming” that someone will be Jennings.
But losing Jennings doesn’t free up salary cap space as he isn’t currently contracted

ThingFish

Juniors
But losing Jennings doesn’t free up salary cap space as he isn’t currently contracted
Exactly. You’re right Jennings is currently in our top 30 but worth nothing, so we actually only have a top 29+Jennings. Unfortunately Jennings won’t play for free so we need to add his value if we want to make a top 30.

So then for example: we currently have 29 players. Our cap is 1000. Say we’ve spent 700. Jennings cost 400 so we can’t add him, he’s gone. But Lowe cost 250, we can add him, plus freed up 50 cap space.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I'm not entirely sure about that. Jennings is in the squads top 30 and has been training with us it's hard to believe he's doing it for free. I assume we'd be paying him the original contract we offered.

ThingFish

Juniors
I'm not entirely sure about that. Jennings is in the squads top 30 and has been training with us it's hard to believe he's doing it for free. I assume we'd be paying him the original contract we offered.
He’s probably on a train and trial contract, a really good one. I don’t think they count towards the cap. Although he’s on our clubs internet page top 30, he wouldn’t be in our offical NRL registered top 30 because those require NRL “approved” contracts.

PS: I’m still holding out hope, until announced. Who knows what wheeling and dealing is going on.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Jennings appears all but gone. Apparently he's signed a contract with the Tigers but it's just waiting for NRL approval.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He’s probably on a train and trial contract, a really good one. I don’t think they count towards the cap. Although he’s on our clubs internet page top 30, he wouldn’t be in our offical NRL registered top 30 because those require NRL “approved” contracts.

PS: I’m still holding out hope, until announced. Who knows what wheeling and dealing is going on.

Ahh okay I see what you’re saying. I guess that makes things interesting if he leaves. If the Lowe rumours are true we would have a 17/13 split between forwards and backs respectively.

southsport

First Grade

I did read somewhere that the club is helping Jenko out through this period.

Latest posts