What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

strider

Post Whore
It isn't about caring for others but appreciating your own fortunes. That being you are you can contribute to society.
Why do people dream about not working so much? Like what else would you do all day? I think I'd feel a bit worthless.
I would like to work 3 days a week

Eelogical

Referee
I would like to work 3 days a week
41913557.jpg

parra pete

Referee
Yep...

Led us in to a war we had no reason to be a part of... Led people to believe people were throwing their kids in to the ocean and won an election on that platform ...

Top fella.

His reference for Georgie Pell worked a treat too...Silly old goat..
Lost his seat at his last shot at politics...

Incorrect

Coach
His reference for Georgie Pell worked a treat too...Silly old goat..
Lost his seat at his last shot at politics...
Maxine getting his seat was embarrassing for both parties IMO. Populist politics pure and simple and what has McKew contributed since?

The Pell endorsement is as bad or maybe worse than any war crimes or civil rights infringements he oversaw on his watch, no doubt....

strider

Post Whore
Yep...

Led us in to a war we had no reason to be a part of... Led people to believe people were throwing their kids in to the ocean and won an election on that platform ...

Top fella.
Not saying all he did was good ... but he actually did stuff and got his merkins kostly united .... everyone since then has been a dud

Eelogical

Referee
I predict Gladys in a close one, business as usual ---> minorities dictating the state of play. Preferential voting system has to go.........

parra pete

Referee
I predict Gladys in a close one, business as usual ---> minorities dictating the state of play. Preferential voting system has to go.........

State voting is OPTIONAL PREFERENTIAL..You can vote for just one candidate if you wish..I always complete the card though. That way I can PUT LIBS LAST

Preferential/compulsory voting is the FAIREST system of democracy in the world. Takes a bit longer to count, but DEFINITELY gets the result right..

Eelogical

Referee
State voting is OPTIONAL PREFERENTIAL..You can vote for just one candidate if you wish..I always complete the card though. That way I can PUT LIBS LAST

Preferential/compulsory voting is the FAIREST system of democracy in the world. Takes a bit longer to count, but DEFINITELY gets the result right..
Haha! I have lived in NSW for 60 years. I think I have an idea on how to vote and where the votes go. First past the post not good enough for you?

parra pete

Referee
Haha! I have lived in NSW for 60 years. I think I have an idea on how to vote and where the votes go. First past the post not good enough for you?

..Prefential is the fairest..Say you have 4 candidates and a 1000 voters
Number 1 gets 350, number 2 gets 250, number 3 gets 250 no 4 gets 150...Number 1` is first past the post with 350...BUT 650 don't want No 1..He (or she) is representing the minority..No..not good enough for me
Sixty years..you should know how the system works, but obviously you don't.

Eelogical

Referee
..Prefential is the fairest..Say you have 4 candidates and a 1000 voters
Number 1 gets 350, number 2 gets 250, number 3 gets 250 no 4 gets 150...Number 1` is first past the post with 350...BUT 650 don't want No 1..He (or she) is representing the minority..No..not good enough for me
Sixty years..you should know how the system works, but obviously you don't.
No worries, pete. 650 mightn't want 1 on the primary vote but 750 don't want 2 either, and #2 still gets a good chance of taking the seat. Every country works differently and even states can as well. I'm just tired of independents having the balance of power on the back of promises and back room deals. Each to their own, mate.